skyrocketing super nintendo cartridge prices

sparklecopy

CAGiversary!
Man, I looked at some of the ebay prices on final fantasy II, III, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG and Earthbound and am amazed at how much they've appreciated. I remember selling them for a good price of 60-100 bucks 4 years ago complete and now they are going for 100-1000 bucks on ebay. it looks like they have a 20% rate of interest which makes it a really good investment. I'm pissed I sold my cartridges now. Should people keep the games or should they sell them now? having a super nintendo cartridge is the equivalent of having a ounce of gold now. Can you imagine how much these babies will be in ten years? super nintendo cartridges are the new rare comic books.

it's tough to say if some of the games will still work in ten years though
those things have to getting old and I can't imagine they age well. But hey what do I know

are we talking about "complete" games.. because complete SNES and earlier systems are rare.. mostly because no one really kept the boxes/instructions

where are you getting these prices? I did a quick search on completed Super Nintendo game auctions and there is only one game that went over $300 which was Earthbound complete with the guide. There were a couple of the usual suspects for over $100 which were Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG both complete. Other than that everything else is pretty much under $100 or $50 depending on the game and completeness.

I have noticed a jump in prices for a lot of Nintendo games and systems as well. Maybe the popularity of the Wii has created a renewed interest in Nintendo products. It doesn't help when there are so many overzealous idiots on Ebay.

[quote name='urzishra14']yah that 100-1000 range is kind of funny..[/quote]

The last new Chrono Trigger up for sale on Ebay sold for $1,224. New Super Mario RPGs routinely go for ~$300.

Video games are not a wise thing to invest in. One VC release can greatly affect the value of the original game, I'm sure.

Keep 'em because you want to keep them. If you don't, then whatever, sell or not. Don't let their value enter too much into the equation, as it can change very quickly.

[quote name='kell']The last new Chrono Trigger up for sale on Ebay sold for $1,224. New Super Mario RPGs routinely go for ~$300.[/QUOTE]

New copies, I see. Well those really are pretty rare and don't represent used games which are about 99.9% of what is out there.

i was made to believe (the 100-1000 quote) was on USED CART ONLY items.. now that we have figured out that you are looking at NEW COMPLETE items.. and considering SNES games have long been out of print close to 10 years now.. finding new complete copies of games like Chrono Trigger and SM RPG (two of the best games on the system.. and probably most saught after) are very rare and indeed warrent the price.. a quick search on ebay you can get a complete used Chrono trigger for around a 100 (there are a lot of items listed at the moment so i don't think they'll go that high..) you can get cart only for around 50 BIN..

once it gets reprinted again on VC (it has to come on there eventually) items like this will fall in value.. i purchased mine on cag a few years ago for around 20 (bought 3 games cart only, SMRPG, chrono trig, and secret of mana for 60 bucks) so i assume i got a great deal.

[quote name='urzishra14']i was made to believe (the 100-1000 quote) was on USED CART ONLY items.. now that we have figured out that you are looking at NEW COMPLETE items.. and considering SNES games have long been out of print close to 10 years now.. finding new complete copies of games like Chrono Trigger and SM RPG (two of the best games on the system.. and probably most saught after) are very rare and indeed warrent the price.. a quick search on ebay you can get a complete used Chrono trigger for around a 100 (there are a lot of items listed at the moment so i don't think they'll go that high..) you can get cart only for around 50 BIN..

once it gets reprinted again on VC (it has to come on there eventually) items like this will fall in value.. i purchased mine on cag a few years ago for around 20 (bought 3 games cart only, SMRPG, chrono trig, and secret of mana for 60 bucks) so i assume i got a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Don't you think that if it was reprinted in VC it would rise in value cause more people are into it and the nostalgia factor hits them? it's like I can get a reprint of a comic book but I'd pay a premium for the original. Complete Used Cartridges have risen in value as well as just cartridges. I sold my complete Chrono Trigger for 80 bucks but now a complete chrono Trigger is going for 150 bucks while the cartridge only is ~60. Also you can buy chrono trigger on the final fantasy chronicles greatest hits on playstation disc at amazon for 15 bucks but it has not effected the cartridge price at all.

[quote name='sparklecopy']Don't you think that if it was reprinted in VC it would rise in value cause more people are into it and the nostalgia factor hits them?[/quote]

I actually think you are right to some extent. It seems like new versions of a game renew demand for the older ones. There may be an initial drop in demand due to the release of the new format, but then it seems to increase. Let's face it people like to collect, and it's no fun collecting digital files. Most collector's like to have the physical item.

I have atari and fairchild carts that have worked for 30 years. I'm guessing circuitboards and IC's will last for a long time.

[quote name='urzishra14']are we talking about "complete" games.. because complete SNES and earlier systems are rare.. mostly because no one really kept the boxes/instructions[/quote]

I still have complete versions of GoldenEye, the WWE games, and enough to fill a big tub. ;)

[quote name='chasemurata']I still have complete versions of GoldenEye, the WWE games, and enough to fill a big tub. ;)[/QUOTE]

aren't those N64 games?.. those ones aren't as rare as SNES and earlier games..

[quote name='sparklecopy']Don't you think that if it was reprinted in VC it would rise in value cause more people are into it and the nostalgia factor hits them? it's like I can get a reprint of a comic book but I'd pay a premium for the original. Complete Used Cartridges have risen in value as well as just cartridges. I sold my complete Chrono Trigger for 80 bucks but now a complete chrono Trigger is going for 150 bucks while the cartridge only is ~60. Also you can buy chrono trigger on the final fantasy chronicles greatest hits on playstation disc at amazon for 15 bucks but it has not effected the cartridge price at all.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right on for certain games..

like Magic, when a card gets reprinted generally the card price rise because it is in the "limelight" again.. HOWEVER.. when a game gets reprinted on something like the Wii or XBL I probably wouldn't go out to get an older copy on a lesser system.. while it usually drums up interest in the title again, I think it is more that its a "nostalgic" system that is finally entering its "prime" nostalga stage (90s things are the new 80s) besides.. people like to play things on native systems, so yeah i can see that, BUT if its available on VC or XBL i doubt that the price of carts would rise.. especially since its a lot easier to purchase on the Wii or XBL

[quote name='bmulligan']I have atari and fairchild carts that have worked for 30 years. I'm guessing circuitboards and IC's will last for a long time.[/quote]
Perhaps. But all of the games in the first post have batteries that will eventually die and need to be replaced.

i was made to believe (the 100-1000 quote) was on USED CART ONLY items.. now that we have figured out that you are looking at NEW COMPLETE items.. and considering SNES games have long been out of print close to 10 years now.. finding new complete copies of games like Chrono Trigger and SM RPG (two of the best games on the system.. and probably most saught after) are very rare and indeed warrent the price.. a quick search on ebay you can get a complete used Chrono trigger for around a 100 (there are a lot of items listed at the moment so i don't think they'll go that high..) you can get cart only for around 50 BIN..

once it gets reprinted again on VC (it has to come on there eventually) items like this will fall in value.. i purchased mine on cag a few years ago for around 20 (bought 3 games cart only, SMRPG, chrono trig, and secret of mana for 60 bucks) so i assume i got a great deal.

[quote name='urzishra14']i was made to believe (the 100-1000 quote) was on USED CART ONLY items.. now that we have figured out that you are looking at NEW COMPLETE items.. and considering SNES games have long been out of print close to 10 years now.. finding new complete copies of games like Chrono Trigger and SM RPG (two of the best games on the system.. and probably most saught after) are very rare and indeed warrent the price.. a quick search on ebay you can get a complete used Chrono trigger for around a 100 (there are a lot of items listed at the moment so i don't think they'll go that high..) you can get cart only for around 50 BIN..

once it gets reprinted again on VC (it has to come on there eventually) items like this will fall in value.. i purchased mine on cag a few years ago for around 20 (bought 3 games cart only, SMRPG, chrono trig, and secret of mana for 60 bucks) so i assume i got a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Don't you think that if it was reprinted in VC it would rise in value cause more people are into it and the nostalgia factor hits them? it's like I can get a reprint of a comic book but I'd pay a premium for the original. Complete Used Cartridges have risen in value as well as just cartridges. I sold my complete Chrono Trigger for 80 bucks but now a complete chrono Trigger is going for 150 bucks while the cartridge only is ~60. Also you can buy chrono trigger on the final fantasy chronicles greatest hits on playstation disc at amazon for 15 bucks but it has not effected the cartridge price at all.

[quote name='sparklecopy']Don't you think that if it was reprinted in VC it would rise in value cause more people are into it and the nostalgia factor hits them?[/quote]

I actually think you are right to some extent. It seems like new versions of a game renew demand for the older ones. There may be an initial drop in demand due to the release of the new format, but then it seems to increase. Let's face it people like to collect, and it's no fun collecting digital files. Most collector's like to have the physical item.

I have atari and fairchild carts that have worked for 30 years. I'm guessing circuitboards and IC's will last for a long time.

[quote name='urzishra14']are we talking about "complete" games.. because complete SNES and earlier systems are rare.. mostly because no one really kept the boxes/instructions[/quote]

I still have complete versions of GoldenEye, the WWE games, and enough to fill a big tub. ;)

[quote name='chasemurata']I still have complete versions of GoldenEye, the WWE games, and enough to fill a big tub. ;)[/QUOTE]

aren't those N64 games?.. those ones aren't as rare as SNES and earlier games..

[quote name='sparklecopy']Don't you think that if it was reprinted in VC it would rise in value cause more people are into it and the nostalgia factor hits them? it's like I can get a reprint of a comic book but I'd pay a premium for the original. Complete Used Cartridges have risen in value as well as just cartridges. I sold my complete Chrono Trigger for 80 bucks but now a complete chrono Trigger is going for 150 bucks while the cartridge only is ~60. Also you can buy chrono trigger on the final fantasy chronicles greatest hits on playstation disc at amazon for 15 bucks but it has not effected the cartridge price at all.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right on for certain games..

like Magic, when a card gets reprinted generally the card price rise because it is in the "limelight" again.. HOWEVER.. when a game gets reprinted on something like the Wii or XBL I probably wouldn't go out to get an older copy on a lesser system.. while it usually drums up interest in the title again, I think it is more that its a "nostalgic" system that is finally entering its "prime" nostalga stage (90s things are the new 80s) besides.. people like to play things on native systems, so yeah i can see that, BUT if its available on VC or XBL i doubt that the price of carts would rise.. especially since its a lot easier to purchase on the Wii or XBL

[quote name='bmulligan']I have atari and fairchild carts that have worked for 30 years. I'm guessing circuitboards and IC's will last for a long time.[/quote]
Perhaps. But all of the games in the first post have batteries that will eventually die and need to be replaced.

[quote name='urzishra14']I think you are right on for certain games..

like Magic, when a card gets reprinted generally the card price rise because it is in the "limelight" again.. HOWEVER.. when a game gets reprinted on something like the Wii or XBL I probably wouldn't go out to get an older copy on a lesser system.. while it usually drums up interest in the title again, I think it is more that its a "nostalgic" system that is finally entering its "prime" nostalga stage (90s things are the new 80s) besides.. people like to play things on native systems, so yeah i can see that, BUT if its available on VC or XBL i doubt that the price of carts would rise.. especially since its a lot easier to purchase on the Wii or XBL[/quote]

Adding a game to VC simply eliminates the common collector (ie the one who won't spend more then 20 bucks for any game period unless it's new). There will always be a big market for the classic games regardless if they are available on ROMS or VC or any other digital format.

Having said that, the market for cart only and disc only is minor. You get a fraction of what it's really worth and if you've got everything that came with the game you'll get a much higher premium. Remember sellers dictate what the games sell for, if there were no copies of Earthbound for several years, you can bet the next one would fly through the roof and all copies following it. It's thankful the greed of sellers eliminates that possibility but prices on complete RPG and popular games will always be at least half the value of what the game originally sold for brand new.

With regards to "investing", don't. A poor man chooses poor stocks and videogames are poor "investing" decisions. There are far too many idiots out there buying up sealed RPG's and what not for 40-50 bucks a pop hoping they'll be the next Valkyrie Profile. Problem is so many people these days are looking for a quick sell as soon as the market jumps to 60-70 bucks, the majority of those copies are sold. Look at the value of sealed PS1 RPG's and realize that these games are TEN years old, TEN people. You could easily take that 60 bucks ten years before and invest it into a GIC, Mutual Fund or any matter of bank that pays a decent return and quadruple your money in five years.

Don't be stupid with money, don't be stupid with collecting. Only idiots buy sealed and new games and hoard them like trolls with the hope one day the market will burst and they'll earn themselves a few bucks. Everyone else will be laughing at them. :lol:

Collect to play, collect to own, don't collect to earn, it doesn't happen and it's not worth it. If you've got the cash and enjoy collecting, then buy two, open one and keep one sealed. That's your business but hoping the market will burst and you'll be a millionaire is like buying tickets for the lottery, your number may or may not come up but in the time you've wasted for it to happen, you could be doing so much more.

[quote name='SumDumRetard']Adding a game to VC simply eliminates the common collector (ie the one who won't spend more then 20 bucks for any game period unless it's new). There will always be a big market for the classic games regardless if they are available on ROMS or VC or any other digital format.

Having said that, the market for cart only and disc only is minor. You get a fraction of what it's really worth and if you've got everything that came with the game you'll get a much higher premium. Remember sellers dictate what the games sell for, if there were no copies of Earthbound for several years, you can bet the next one would fly through the roof and all copies following it. It's thankful the greed of sellers eliminates that possibility but prices on complete RPG and popular games will always be at least half the value of what the game originally sold for brand new.

With regards to "investing", don't. A poor man chooses poor stocks and videogames are poor "investing" decisions. There are far too many idiots out there buying up sealed RPG's and what not for 40-50 bucks a pop hoping they'll be the next Valkyrie Profile. Problem is so many people these days are looking for a quick sell as soon as the market jumps to 60-70 bucks, the majority of those copies are sold. Look at the value of sealed PS1 RPG's and realize that these games are TEN years old, TEN people. You could easily take that 60 bucks ten years before and invest it into a GIC, Mutual Fund or any matter of bank that pays a decent return and quadruple your money in five years.

Don't be stupid with money, don't be stupid with collecting. Only idiots buy sealed and new games and hoard them like trolls with the hope one day the market will burst and they'll earn themselves a few bucks. Everyone else will be laughing at them. :lol:

Collect to play, collect to own, don't collect to earn, it doesn't happen and it's not worth it. If you've got the cash and enjoy collecting, then buy two, open one and keep one sealed. That's your business but hoping the market will burst and you'll be a millionaire is like buying tickets for the lottery, your number may or may not come up but in the time you've wasted for it to happen, you could be doing so much more.[/QUOTE]

For SumDumRetard, that was pretty smart :)

I would've said the same thing but with more misspellings and fewer paragraph breaks.

The only way to make money on usec videogames is to keep track of current prices and then look for games dirt cheap at local Pawnshops, fleamarkets, and garage sales, as sumdumbretard said holding onto a game from it's release is majorly stupid....

I have actualy noticed that when a game is released on VC the price of the original goes up one EBay....for 1.. some People cant find Wii's and still want the VC game. some people want to jump on every trend, and if all thier friends are raving on about a game they will go get a copy...just look at merchandising, if somethign is popular put the logo on a piece of toilet paper and soemone will pay $5.00 more per roll ust to wipe their butt with the latest trend.

[quote name='Sinnbox']someone will pay $5.00 more per roll just to wipe their butt with the latest trend.[/quote]

LMAO! so true. I collect, but I collect to play, so I don't have any delusions about making a bunch of money. Games are a financial sink hole with very few exceptions.

There are actually a few reasons I collect games. Probably the number one reason is just nostalgia. As a kid I couldn't afford to buy more than a few games a year so I missed out on a lot of good games or just had to play them at a friend's house. When a new system came out I would have to sell my old system and games to buy the new one(probably the dumbest thing I've ever done, BTW). When I got older and games started to suck(ok, not all games, but the old school is still where it's at) I missed playing all my old games. I started by buying back all the games I used to own, then I couldn't stop myself. Most games are actually quite cheap and you get a lot for your money.

It does bother me that some games are so rare though. Games I picked up for 5-10 used can run up to $50 or more now. So thats a little tough to swallow when I think about how I sold them for 2.50-5.00 a pop. Such is life; I guess.

I also have ROMset "collections" of almost every game in existence from the 2600 up to the CD-based systems, but emulation is... well it sucks. A lot.

My kids are going to have it so rough :D Nothing but old school gaming for them (mwahaha) They'll thank me when they're older.

SumDumRetard
I am just saying a load malarkee to stop people from raising the bid over 20 dollars. Wah wah please don't make me pay more then what I can chew off.
Give me a R

ghhghhhw1.jpg

Now buy a fucking Vowel.....E O I

OP, I'm a little confused, are you saying 20% over 4 years or from release?

If you are talking life time to date and considering almost all the games mentioned in the OP cost between $60 and $80 brand new MSRP, $60-$100 does not make these good investments at all. The only way you will see >= 20% interest is with brand new and factory sealed copies.

If you want to offer me the equivalent of 20% interest on the games in my trade list, you can have them all. Hell, for that price, I'll do a buy 1 get 1 free.

P.S. I have complete copy of all games you mentioned. I await your offer.

[quote name='|\|ES']LMAO! so true. I collect, but I collect to play, so I don't have any delusions about making a bunch of money. Games are a financial sink hole with very few exceptions.

There are actually a few reasons I collect games. Probably the number one reason is just nostalgia. As a kid I couldn't afford to buy more than a few games a year so I missed out on a lot of good games or just had to play them at a friend's house. When a new system came out I would have to sell my old system and games to buy the new one(probably the dumbest thing I've ever done, BTW). When I got older and games started to suck(ok, not all games, but the old school is still where it's at) I missed playing all my old games. I started by buying back all the games I used to own, then I couldn't stop myself. Most games are actually quite cheap and you get a lot for your money.

It does bother me that some games are so rare though. Games I picked up for 5-10 used can run up to $50 or more now. So thats a little tough to swallow when I think about how I sold them for 2.50-5.00 a pop. Such is life; I guess.

I also have ROMset "collections" of almost every game in existence from the 2600 up to the CD-based systems, but emulation is... well it sucks. A lot.

My kids are going to have it so rough :D Nothing but old school gaming for them (mwahaha) They'll thank me when they're older.[/QUOTE]
looking at your reply, I think the revelation is that dumb kids are the reason why GAMESTOP is doing so well. those little kids are paying through the nose to buy the latest games at the highest prices and then re-sell them at a pittance later on to gamestop. Years later, they have a fond remembrance and want to re-capture their childhood and scour ebay to buy the games at exorbitant prices. I myself, remember getting duped into selling some games at a fraction of the cost when I was a kid just to buy somethng newer and shinier. Now, I just sit back and buy ebay games at 5-10 bucks a pop after the market has died down. play the games and re-sell them later when the prices have risen.

[quote name='sparklecopy']looking at your reply, I think the revelation is that dumb kids are the reason why GAMESTOP is doing so well. those little kids are paying through the nose to buy the latest games at the highest prices and then re-sell them at a pittance later on to gamestop. Years later, they have a fond remembrance and want to re-capture their childhood and scour ebay to buy the games at exorbitant prices. I myself, remember getting duped into selling some games at a fraction of the cost when I was a kid just to buy somethng newer and shinier. Now, I just sit back and buy ebay games at 5-10 bucks a pop after the market has died down. play the games and re-sell them later when the prices have risen.[/quote]

lol, dumb kids will never understand :p I've tried to explain this to my brother but he insists on selling his games when he's done with them, so I buy them from him for $1 more than gamestop is paying, which usually means they cost me 1-5 dollars. It works for both of us i guess. He just better not want them back because he's SOL if he does.

Games are a financial sink hole

If games are completely worthless then everytime a new game comes out everybody would just copy it the moment it hits the web. That is the truth.

They have value and it is a consideral amount.

dumb kids

Everybody here was a dumb kid at least once in there life. Even as a adult we make dumber chiocers then we did as a kid. Nobody here can say I am a better adult then when I was kid.

Everybody here at least took advantage of the trade in at Funcoland when they started it or even Dragons Den or some other game store that offered trade in's.

I don't have any delusions about making a bunch of money.

But you are losing money when buy a game:roll:

Redie that's not necessary. I was proving a point that these days "collectors" are nothing more then speculators in a often unstable market for buying and selling games. Buying sealed games is speculation that the game may or may not rise, wouldn't it make more sense to put that money into something that actually MAKES money instead of waiting a decade in hopes that other people have sold copies and you'll be the only game in town? Give me a break.

And I've paid my share of high costs for games, I have no objection to anyone spending good money and buying copper when they could be getting gold, by all means if you want to attempt what so many others are doing, go right ahead.

[quote name='Halo05']For SumDumRetard, that was pretty smart :)

I would've said the same thing but with more misspellings and fewer paragraph breaks.[/quote]

If I could change my name I would, as it stands I've been "collecting" for well over a decade. I've seen my share of speculating and if it's done well, you can make some money. Most of the time, you have to wait a longggggggg time for something to become worth your while.

If you really want to make money off games, cruise your pawn shops, video locations and random flea markets and be prepared for a lot of disappointments. I find a random nice collection once in awhile, I take what I want for myself and sell off the rest to raise funds for other titles I'm looking for.
Point is if you've got money to burn, put it somewhere where it'll make some money. If you manage that oh so hard to find RPG for 10-20 bucks, that makes a lot more sense. There are far too many people buying brand new games at retail and then losing 30 bucks on the price because once the actual price drops, they get frustrated and cut their losses. It's those that are willing to ride it out for a very long time that will reap the rewards, but I'll always maintain collecting comes first. Most of the time, your collection will exceed any value your sealed games will bring you in only a few years as opposed to nearly a decade, buy what you enjoy, not what you think will be worth a hundred bucks in profit in a decade.

[quote name='Redie']If games are completely worthless then everytime a new game comes out everybody would just copy it the moment it hits the web. That is the truth. They have value and it is a consideral amount.[/quote]

Video games are a financial sink hole with very few exceptions. How is that not true? What percentage of the gaming public do you think makes a considerable amount of money from re-selling old video games? I'd say there are very few. Most people just buy to play then dump their old games for a nickel at Gamestop, there are others who hold on to them, and others who collect them for various reasons. But to make a living investing in old video games... thats pretty tough.

I never said they don't have value, or even implied that they are completely worthless. There is certainly a market for them and a lot of them are worth considerable amounts of money, but generally speaking they don't make a good retirement plan. You're probably better off with a 401k.

If you do make money re-selling games you're either Gamestop(or similar set-up), or you're scouring pawn-shops and garage sales hoping to score a big lot or that ever elusive uber-rare game. I realize there are people who do this, but I'd say they are the exception, not the norm.

[quote name='Redie']
Everybody here was a dumb kid at least once in there life. Even as a adult we make dumber chiocers then we did as a kid. Nobody here can say I am a better adult then when I was kid.

Everybody here at least took advantage of the trade in at Funcoland when they started it or even Dragons Den or some other game store that offered trade in's.[/quote]

If selling back games for pennies on the dollar is a dumb thing to do (and it generally is IMO) then wouldn't I be dumb for doing it? I think so.

Of course I had my reasons for doing it at the time, but I realize now that it was a foolish thing to do. That's hindsight for ya.

True statement: I was a dumb kid so I sold back all my games to 'The Game Peddler' for pennies on the dollar. Now I have learned my lesson and I no-longer sell back my games for pennies on the dollar.

I see kids making the same mistakes all the time. I'd say they are generally dumb for doing it. How else would you describe it?

[quote name='Redie']
But you are losing money when buy a game:roll:[/quote]

I'm not necessarily losing money (since I always try to get a bargain), but certainly not making any money. I am simply spending money.

I keep a list of games I'm looking for along with their 'market price' as best I can determine it. Then I only buy when I find something cheaper than I have it listed. So logically you'd think my collection is worth more than the total amount I've spent on it, but that's not necessarily true.

If I were to sell my whole collection tomorrow then I would have a few options:
-Put the whole thing up on ebay as a lot and lose a ton of money on the sale.
-Piece it out and have to deal with shipping of each item as well as packaging, ebay fees, paypal fees, time spent, etc.
-Dump it on some local music/games store or that over-priced rip-off artist with the shop in the mall.
-Try to sell locally through Craigslist, or classifieds where people are only going to see "some nutcase asking hundreds of dollars for lame old Nintendo stuff"

So in the end I'm lucky if I'd break even. Add to that the fact that none of it is likely to appreciate any considerable amount...

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make here is that I'm not diluting myself into thinking that collecting video games is anything more than a dent in my paycheck. Video games are like anything else I choose to spend money on. I am not buying with the intention of making financial gains. It's a hobby for me that I enjoy.

[quote name='SumDumRetard']buy what you enjoy, not what you think will be worth a hundred bucks in profit in a decade.[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better. Buy what you enjoy. Thats what it's all about right?

[quote name='b3b0p']OP, I'm a little confused, are you saying 20% over 4 years or from release?

If you are talking life time to date and considering almost all the games mentioned in the OP cost between $60 and $80 brand new MSRP, $60-$100 does not make these good investments at all. The only way you will see >= 20% interest is with brand new and factory sealed copies.

If you want to offer me the equivalent of 20% interest on the games in my trade list, you can have them all. Hell, for that price, I'll do a buy 1 get 1 free.

P.S. I have complete copy of all games you mentioned. I await your offer.[/QUOTE]

i'm talking about from 4 years ago. It seems that the cartridges are starting to pick up steam. It's like the price of gold was moving steadily down from 1990-1998 to a low of $250 and ounce and then bOOM it just skyrocketed to $1000 dollars an ounce now.

I just checked out Earthbound. It goes for so much with the big box and strat guide. I have that set! I bought it at a flea market eight years ago for four bucks.
Can't believe it's worth so much now.

Can't believe it's worth so much now

This is the kind of guy who buys videogames out of intrest and plays them flawlessly. They obviously is not into RPG or is from a lower class ( newer ) RPG fan base. This is the kind of person who list things at low prices saying ( I hope it will sell high ). May question is why is this person still holding on to probably the most well know non commercial RPG Videogame in this world ???

the price of gold

sparklecopy makes an excellent example of why Videogames in various areas have risin over time. In the past ( before the internet and when they taught shop class ) most people would pawn, flea, or garage sell there items for less and videogames was like comic books.

However thanks to the internet and status value of what nots videogame prices have rose of th years in there own feild. You have to remember this is a young industry like USA is a young coutnry and until a certified amount of years have past only then it can be understood and judge accordanly as with Comic books, Sports items, and many other collectables. However unlike comic Books a videogame value is not based on how less blue hairs ( comic book fungus ) have grown on it but the condition of the cart from a sight view, what is inside, and what is programed on it, along with many other makeup rating systems.

In terms of Gold ( that rose from $80 to $250 recently ) videogames is that and a form of entertiament, historical, tool, work, educational, and so many other things. The point is there is all kinds of collectors and you should not be affraid of collecting more even if it has no value. All that really matters if you like the thing you brought for whatevr purpose.

What percentage of the gaming public do you think makes a considerable amount of money from re-selling old video games?

Like anybody else a seller is the one who making money of it who takes it seriously. This has to do with management and what you know about management of what you sell. Managers in high class business areas knows about what and why something will sell in any business. When you start thinking like one then you will understand.

Most people just buy to play then dump their old games for a nickel at Gamestop

Those are people who is new to the trend and while being apart of that consumer base is only a certain procentle. Think of them as the ones who keeps the gears turning while you bath in the vaths of there earnings. Search Metropolis to understand this.

This also has to do with the assasinations, cults, and syndicates that formed after the roaring twenties or before. Search Black Hand to understand this.
We need people to spend money so that they we the people who do not spend can enjoy it proffesionally at a level unimaginable. In general we need booze hounds so we the regular guys can make it in our basements and be booze hounds without leaving the garage.

completely worthless

That is the same thing as having no value the term you want is Priceless. This is the sole purpose of owning anything. Like a apartment you pass down from generations to generations. Take the gold. watch which is priceless but the truth it does have value. See Ying and Yang.

You're probably better off with a 401k.

Yeah but with videogames ( or anything else ) you can do just that. Just yesterday in my neck of the woods a couple was selling stuff they had stored in a warehouse like a full sewn image of Mick Jagger when he was young and even
a record player like the one from Happy Days. Videogames is the same exact thing. Just keep on trucking and when time comes dump it all. I mean years and years where I am talking about you being 16 and now your 75. Things take time. Trust your insticts. While even 150 years on this planet is nothing in the infintum.

rtrtrvi4.jpg

You have much to learn young padone. The force is all around you, whenever you sneez you feel it, when you do that thing that sends a wave down your back you are covered by it, when your in danger you hear it. Use the force wisely and it will guide you into the next mellenium. To the force even gaznack on this planet or any other is nothing in the infintum.

If you do make money re-selling games you're either

Or some guy who makes love to a plastic vagina.

not the norm.

Normal what is normal. Do you think it is normal for people to work for nothing and just to support there families, do you think it is normal for a woman or man to wait to have sex when they are married, do you think it is normal for war to be raging from a event that occured around the dawn of the 1900's and still fight not even knowing the truth in the year 2000. Yes it is so normal to eat food knowning that it is the same stuff that is killing you and for your entire paycheck you could be eating healthy and still eat the same food that is killing you????

I see kids making the same mistakes all the time. I'd say they are generally dumb for doing it. How else would you describe it?

Filling the missing gap that is no longer there. The pigeon flying to the fryer or what we now call chicken and was even called the doduo.

into something that actually MAKES money

This is from somebody who obviously sees no value in games and has not at least exprience of bringing in $1000 a day from videogames alone. Even not apprieciate games in there catergory.

Meaning if you know about cars and I mean really know about cars.

For example with Naruto. Somebody might like it for various reasons but one person will collect the entire Naruto series and have all the Naruto commercial propaganda ( like posters ) while another person might collect the whole shebang of Naruto Hentai and play Naruto XXX flash games.

Another example is the person who read Phantasy Star comic books until they drops or the person who plays Phantasy Star Online until they drop.

Like I might own a robot toy but I have know idea of it's value but the reasons I am into robot toys I just get them while somebody might have the entire Transformers Robot Toys and only get Transformers.

Gionvoni's Mommy
There is money in everything

waiting a decade

Then order new games in bulk from Sony, Nintendo, an Microsoft and open a store and play Coney Island with Gamestop.

[quote name='sparklecopy']i'm talking about from 4 years ago. It seems that the cartridges are starting to pick up steam. It's like the price of gold was moving steadily down from 1990-1998 to a low of $250 and ounce and then bOOM it just skyrocketed to $1000 dollars an ounce now.[/quote]
That's what I thought. Otherwise, I would have had a bridge to sell you.

[quote name='Redie']...[/quote]

Spelling and grammar check?

[quote name='Redie']This is the kind of guy who buys videogames out of intrest and plays them flawlessly. They obviously is not into RPG or is from a lower class ( newer ) RPG fan base. This is the kind of person who list things at low prices saying ( I hope it will sell high ). May question is why is this person still holding on to probably the most well know non commercial RPG Videogame in this world ???
[/QUOTE]
What the hell are you talking about? How was that related to what I posted?

[quote name='Redie']This is the kind of guy who buys videogames out of intrest and plays them flawlessly. They obviously is not into RPG or is from a lower class ( newer ) RPG fan base. This is the kind of person who list things at low prices saying ( I hope it will sell high ). May question is why is this person still holding on to probably the most well know non commercial RPG Videogame in this world ???
[/QUOTE]
What the hell are you talking about? How was that related to what I posted?

bread's done
Back