Skyward Sword Bundle instock toysrus.com $69.99

Are these getting hard to find? I ordered one a few days ago from toysrus but didn't post about it since it was full price.

Man, I'm like almost 5 hours into the game and I'm really loving this zelda story better than any of the others I've played. The wii motion plus truly is amazing 1-1 movement. Plus using the shield with the nunchuck is cool too. I hope nintendo makes another run of these bundles because that wiimote is so nice looking I think I'll display it.

[quote name='msdmoney']Are these getting hard to find? I ordered one a few days ago from toysrus but didn't post about it since it was full price.[/QUOTE]

I think people are hoarding these hoping for a big holiday cash in but I see the prices just plummeting when there is no big rush on them.

Good luck getting one of them in mint condition...expect bare minimum and absolutely horrible packaging if just one is ordered.

I'm gonna be "the guy" : What is the sku swap trick?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If you want one, check BBY. Do the sku swap trick to check inventory at your local store(s).[/QUOTE]

Been looking for a mint condition copy, no luck. Even my Amazon order wasn't in perfect shape. The box is too fragile. Should have been a metal case! :( I mean, it's Zelda... Metroid got one.

I work at TRU and we didn't get any of these, at least as of Tuesday. We even took pre-orders on them, so not sure what happens if we never get them. Heard nothing but good things about the game so far.

Heads up if you want it:

Wal*Mart will ONLY start selling it at 10pm tonight in the brick and mortar stores (I think) - they won't sell it before.. My friend in Menomonie, WI tried to buy it yesterday and was turned away and told to buy it at 10pm tonight.

But will these be truly limited? I bet I'll step into a used store 5-10 years from now and find a ton of them.

[quote name='jkimrey']I'm gonna be "the guy" : What is the sku swap trick?[/QUOTE]

Same. I know how it works for target, but not BB.

Thanks.

[quote name='2DMention']Heads up if you want it:

Wal*Mart will ONLY start selling it at 10pm tonight in the brick and mortar stores (I think) - they won't sell it before.. My friend in Menomonie, WI tried to buy it yesterday and was turned away and told to buy it at 10pm tonight.

But will these be truly limited? I bet I'll step into a used store 5-10 years from now and find a ton of them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Wal-Mart in my area accidentally put out their 3 copies yesterday and when I went to buy one and the guy tried to scan it, it gave him a "do not sell" error message. I talked to the store manager and had her override it, but they pulled the other copies.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Isn't $70 full MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but what makes this "hot" is the difficulty in actually finding a copy. :D

Edit: For the member who mentioned they work at TRU - any word on whether or not TRU's BF deals will make their way online?

Picked my pre-ordered copy from BBY on Saturday. Employee even busted out the Sword Bundle and mentioned if I wanted to upgrade my order for $20 more.

If I had known this was going to be OOS, I would've done it. Oh well. I already have too many Wii Remotes from other bundled games.

[quote name='Gertle627']I work at TRU and we didn't get any of these, at least as of Tuesday. We even took pre-orders on them, so not sure what happens if we never get them. Heard nothing but good things about the game so far.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for bumping this thread but I felt I should respond to the guy here that works at TRU (and for anyone's information), wondering "what happens" if they don't get any.

Well it's simple, your preorders flat out get cancelled, you just don't receive any of the bundle, and you try to (lowly) compensate customers that realize they should've went to Gamestop or elsewhere :p (Too late sold out everywhere).

So far I've seen *close to* no complaints (I've seen a few) about preorder cancellations on forums and the internet, so I feel really alone with the *few* others that had their preorders cancelled, sorry if I'm not posting anything relevent so to speak, but yeah.

(Well it's kind of a lesson, never preorder any limited edition videogame bundles at TRU... It seems a good shop to just walk in and pick toys or something up, but not much than that).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back