Skyward Sword Steelbook at Futureshop *Updated with pics/ordering info*

dancrane212

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://twitter.com/#!/FS_Gamer/status/124181005799141376

I felt that this info deserves of it's own thread. I can't seem to remember the last time a Nintendo game got this treatment, looks like I'll be changing my Zelda pre-order yet again! Hopefully for the last time.

*Update*

Links and image courtesy of iNCREDiPiNOY

10182609.jpg

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo Wii) - $49.99

From the FutureShop Forum...
The steelbook will not be available on the limited edition Zelda Skyward sword bundle as we are close to pre-ordering all the units already. This bundle is extremely limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
as usual people who preordered early will likely get screwed.

i ordered the limited edition for 59.99 when it was onsale for $10.00 off. Now I have to decide if I want the steelbook for $10 more to reorder

Any idea when we can expect this to actually make it into the Futureshop website?

...or is it already up, and I'm just REALLY out of the loop?

Edit: Nevermind, I live in the USA. No steelbook for me, regardless.

[quote name='Crippen']Any idea when we can expect this to actually make it into the Futureshop website?

...or is it already up, and I'm just REALLY out of the loop?[/QUOTE]

I can't find it either.

I still have an order at futureshop, since I plan on getting two I have one at best buy with reward zone and one at futureshop. I wonder if i'll have to reorder again though..

I wonder how this looks, and wonder my earlier sale copy would be upgraded.

I have MW and Zelda Preordered from the E3 sale, something tells me i won't see the steelbook.

I'd Imagine that the steelbook is only for the stand alone version of the game cause the bundle with motionPlus is directly from nintendo.

[quote name='afterburn999']I have MW and Zelda Preordered from the E3 sale, something tells me i won't see the steelbook.

I'd Imagine that the steelbook is only for the stand alone version of the game cause the bundle with motionPlus is directly from nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Futureshop is the only company I know so far who offers pre-order bonuses after you have pre-ordered and won't give it to the early adopters. godwin sometimes makes promises that aren't kept like the whole deus ex issue. I don't know... if you ordered in june I wouldn't expect anything except a charge to your credit card. I know next time they have a sale like the E3 one I wont' be participating as too many things end up changing in the end and they make you feel worthless if you inquire about any issue. A bad experience for me all around. I actually had a game arrive with a broken case and when I e-mailed them they told me they wouldn't exchange it because it was pre-ordered... I mean what kind of answer is that? lol I hope you guys have had better experiences and mine are just specific to me.

I think Steelbooks are really cool, but I wouldn't give up any discount to re-order it. I think I'm gonna go with my $59.99 at FS. I have a $62.99 (possibly with 800 rewardzone) at BB but I don't want to pay extra to get the points.

The last Wii game I can think of with a steelbook was either Metroid Prime Trilogy or Phantom Brave, but those were both from the publisher.

Future Shop is doing an interesting thing by apparently offering their own steelbooks separately from the games (i.e. the steelbook for NHL 12 was a standard size and came separately from the game). That kind of makes me think the bundle version of this game may indeed be eligible, if they just ship the steelbook to you separately and let you case your game up however you want.

can I play the Canadian Zelda on my American Wii? If so, I will definitely be getting this.

Also, is this not up on their website yet? I don't see it anywhere.

[quote name='Darknuke']can I play the Canadian Zelda on my American Wii? If so, I will definitely be getting this.

Also, is this not up on their website yet? I don't see it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yup, American and Canadian games are both in the same region so it will work. Futureshop doesn't ship to the States though.

[quote name='dancrane212']Yup, American and Canadian games are both in the same region so it will work. Futureshop doesn't ship to the States though.[/QUOTE]

Aww really? Stupid futureshop lol. Well if anyone wants to order me one, I will pay for it + shipping =D (whenever they finally become available to preorder)

[quote name='afterburn999']Interesting I didn't know the case comes separately.[/QUOTE]
I think it happens when they screw up the timing or something and can't get them together as one. I had it happen with Transformers 2 blu-ray.

I would love to get this. I really want the arkham city steelbook for PS3, but I can't figure out a way to get these to the states since they don't ship here.

Anyone know if there is a trustworthy service out there to use in situations like this?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I think it happens when they screw up the timing or something and can't get them together as one. I had it happen with Transformers 2 blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

I pretty sure that, for games, they are done separately unlike their movies. When I picked up Gears 3 at the midnight launch they just handed the shrinkwraped steelbooks out apart from the game.

[quote name='TidalDreams']Any updates on this? I wanna know if I should cancel my bestbuy order at $63.[/QUOTE]

Other then their twitter feed reconfirming the Steelbook, nothing.
Hopefully we will see it within the next couple of days.

Just a quick update but Godwin just posted on the FutureShop community forums saying that they're working on getting the promo set up for this week.

[quote name='pjgamer007']I would love to get this. I really want the arkham city steelbook for PS3, but I can't figure out a way to get these to the states since they don't ship here.

Anyone know if there is a trustworthy service out there to use in situations like this?[/QUOTE]

use ebay. Lots of people are selling them there worldwide

[quote name='Darknuke']use ebay. Lots of people are selling them there worldwide[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have looked. I just can't bring myself to pay $30-40+ for just the case. I'm cheap. :)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its up now!

New! The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Steelbook (Nintendo Wii) - Not Available For Purchase - $99.99

Choose 1 of those 2 game below and this steelbook will be added automatically.

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo Wii) - $49.99

The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition (Nintendo Wii) - $69.99
[/QUOTE]

Great, I'll update the OP.

Looks like the back might be the concept art "poster" they showed off the year before the game's announcement.

the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019-000.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Unfortunately, Gold Wiimote LE isn't included. :([/QUOTE]

Woops, missed that on the forum. Damn, I guess I'll keep by Best Buy Order as well.

Posted from Godwin

Hi everyone, here it is! Pre-order Wii Zelda Skyward Sword Regular edition and get this Future Shop exclusive Steelbook! Limited quantities so pre-order your copy today!

original

Pre-Order Wii The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HERE

PS: The steelbook will not be available on the limited edition Zelda Skyward sword bundle as we are close to pre-ordering all the units already. This bundle is extremely limited.

Thank you.

Thanks op. Ordered two >_>;; Going to have to return my e3 order. Also have two of the limited edition... definately have to get rid of some copies on craigslist when I recieve them.

Also have to return my e3 preorder...

Not a big fan of the interior design. I would have preferred something like this (minus the logos of course)

skyward-sword.jpg

I wonder if this will be a two disk case? I'd love a place for the soundtrack to "roost"

ordered!

Now I have 3 pre-orders for this game:

1. @FS: Game from E3 Sale $39.99 (This might be able to be $29.99 since retail is now $49.99? E3 sale was for $20 off)
2. @BB: LE Wiimote Bundle $62.99 (I think this also comes with 800RZ pts.)
3. @FS: Game + Steelbook $49.99

Anyone else in the same boat? what to do... :roll:

[quote name='wampa1']ordered!

Now I have 3 pre-orders for this game:

1. @FS: Game from E3 Sale $39.99 (This might be able to be $29.99 since retail is now $49.99? E3 sale was for $20 off)
2. @BB: LE Wiimote Bundle $62.99 (I think this also comes with 800RZ pts.)
3. @FS: Game + Steelbook $49.99

Anyone else in the same boat? what to do... :roll:[/QUOTE]Ditto.

1. Selling this one to a buddy at cost
2. Keeping this one for me (@ FS $59.99)
3. Gifting this one to a friend and keeping the steelbook

Done and done.

any chance someone is willing to let me ship to their address then ship it to me? i would pay for all shipping, of course. i would really appreciate it. thanks

Thanks, OP!

Pre-ordered just now. So much nicer than the regular box art! I don't have a Wii at the moment, but I'll either play this on emu or get a Wii U down the line.

bread's done
Back