Skyward Sword Steelbook at Futureshop *Updated with pics/ordering info*

dancrane212

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://twitter.com/#!/FS_Gamer/status/124181005799141376

I felt that this info deserves of it's own thread. I can't seem to remember the last time a Nintendo game got this treatment, looks like I'll be changing my Zelda pre-order yet again! Hopefully for the last time.

*Update*

Links and image courtesy of iNCREDiPiNOY

10182609.jpg

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo Wii) - $49.99

From the FutureShop Forum...
The steelbook will not be available on the limited edition Zelda Skyward sword bundle as we are close to pre-ordering all the units already. This bundle is extremely limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gold paint (or whatever) on the front of the box scrapes off very easily at the edges; I can also see the outer box being crushed very easily in shipping if packed in an envelope. Even when I went to pick up my pre-order in-store, several copies showed signs of being partially damaged in transit.

Ditto on seeing damages. I picked up mine from EB this morning, and a couple in front of me picked up a copy that had fairly noticeable damages. They didn't seem to care though, I suppose some people just throw out the un-needed packaging...

Edit: On an unrelated topic. Has anybody seen the hardcover guide for sale anywhere? It never popped up on Amazon, so I didn't know it existed. But I'm looking at one on eBay that looks for real right now...

Wtf, I just looked at my FS order, wondering why I got no shipping notice. It says the steelbook is "Shipment Cancelled". Wtf FS, what's the point in me preordering then? I'm calling them first thing in the morning to complain. I'm just glad I grabbed a copy of the Bundle this morning at work instead.

[quote name='Icetron']Wtf, I just looked at my FS order, wondering why I got no shipping notice. It says the steelbook is "Shipment Cancelled". Wtf FS, what's the point in me preordering then? I'm calling them first thing in the morning to complain. I'm just glad I grabbed a copy of the Bundle this morning at work instead.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen on the RFD and Futureshop's forum it looks like they never got the steelbooks in time and will be shipping them out separately later this week.

[quote name='dancrane212']From what I've seen on the RFD and Futureshop's forum it looks like they never got the steelbooks in time and will be shipping them out separately later this week.[/QUOTE]

Typical. Everyone who doesn't get their steelbook (which should be everyone) should call and email customer service. Maybe FS will realize they have to get their shit together when offering bonuses for huge games like this.

[quote name='ragnar14']Ditto on seeing damages. I picked up mine from EB this morning, and a couple in front of me picked up a copy that had fairly noticeable damages. They didn't seem to care though, I suppose some people just throw out the un-needed packaging...

Edit: On an unrelated topic. Has anybody seen the hardcover guide for sale anywhere? It never popped up on Amazon, so I didn't know it existed. But I'm looking at one on eBay that looks for real right now...[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest here, unless you're a collector for these things, no one's really going to keep them.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I saw several pics of a blue hardcover book on neogaf, guess it's real.[/QUOTE]

It's gorgeous - just like the Twilight Princess one. You can still order one online from EB, or well, atleast that's what I saw on their site yesterday morning.

Strictly for collector's though - other than the hardcover and cloth map, the guide is exactly the same as the premier edition.

[quote name='jeffx']Arrrrgh. I'll bet 10$ Future Shop stuck mine in a god damn padded envelope.[/QUOTE]

That's what Best Buy did for my bundle. FS probably did the same for you guys. :p Luckily mine made it through alive...

[quote name='ragnar14']On an unrelated topic. Has anybody seen the hardcover guide for sale anywhere? It never popped up on Amazon, so I didn't know it existed. But I'm looking at one on eBay that looks for real right now...[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for it to show up on Amazon.ca as well... it's way too expensive anywhere else. :)

I might even pick up the Spirit Tracks collector's edition guide too. Then I'd only be missing the Phantom Hourglass guide. :)

I got my Best Buy copy delivered by mail truck, in a bubble envelope. It had a slight tear along the bottom left front edge of the box that I originally thought was just a spot where the gold wore off on the crease. It's no big deal and definitely not worth waiting and taking it back to the store. The box wasn't dented or damaged otherwise. I'm just gonna stick it on a shelf and ignore it anyway. Game is pretty cool. My Futureshop copy is still at the postal facility according to tracking, whatever. Saving it for an Xmas present.

Silly Canada Post says my order was expected to arrive today but it is stuck in processing still in Mississauga. I can't wait to see it here all crushed and dented in the mail box because the mail man forcefully squeezes it in there.

Got the game okay today, but no steelbook. No explanation from FS prior to shipping this item that the steelbook was on back-order. Will email to complain.

This is my last order from futureshop.ca. I've been disappointed with their lack of service with a few other orders. The only reason why I pre-ordered was for this steelbook, if I knew I weren't getting it with the game, I would've just gone to the store and gotten the regular edition.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to trying SS tonight, and listening to the CD. Thanks Nintendo!

Such a sour experience with FS this time. Worst I've had in years. Apparently something was wrong with my CC so my order was cancelled and he said I can't get a Steelbook for me. Such BS imho. I used that CC just a WEEK ago for MW3.

I ordered for the steelbook only, fuuuu FS.

If/When I get the steelbook that is it for p/o at futureshop. So much bs is not worth saving a bit of money.

Edit: Shipment cancelled, oh well.

For those wondering about the hardcover guide and where to get it, I saw it at an EBGames when I went looking for a copy of Zelda. They were just sitting at the front desk. Blue hardcover.

Surprisingly my CE came in good shape considering it was just in a bubble mailer. Case art is also free of the "includes Zelda music CD" and "Wii motion plus required" which is kinda nice.

[quote name='VetraX']It's gorgeous - just like the Twilight Princess one. You can still order one online from EB, or well, atleast that's what I saw on their site yesterday morning.

Strictly for collector's though - other than the hardcover and cloth map, the guide is exactly the same as the premier edition.[/QUOTE]

The heck? I searched EB's site last night, and it didn't come up. Maybe I entered some search string that just didn't catch it. It's unavailable online now, and the stock checker says no stores in the lower mainland have it. Chapters seems out of stock too. So I guess I'll stick with Play Asia and $13 for shipping.

Dammit, yesterday they left my Best Buy copy in the mailbox so I was in no rush to answer the door when the bell rang today. I must have taken like 45 seconds to get down there to find the guy driving off and an attempted delivery notice in the box for my Futureshop order. Most impatient mailman ever!

FS actually gave me a voucher to get Skyward Sword after I called them to tell them that I was not pleased my order was cancelled. :) didn't expect that, props to them.

Hrm worth a shot I guess. Will post results.

Edit: CSR pretty much said "sorry, you missed the steelbook cause we screwed up, you can reorder the game if you want" to which I said "the only reason I bothered to preorder was FOR the steelbook" so that's it. No more business for FS.

[quote name='Icetron']FS actually gave me a voucher to get Skyward Sword after I called them to tell them that I was not pleased my order was cancelled. :) didn't expect that, props to them.[/QUOTE]

Really? I had two copies preorder wanting the steelbook, but somewhere along the way one of my orders were cancelled. I thought I had cancel it, but knowing yours were cancel I think that's what happened for me too... Damn I guess I should call and figure it out.

Calling to check this out. Apparently the steelbok won't be shipped cause they will never get them. Great whatever I'm getting that copy of the game refund.

The email I recieved[quote name='"Futureshop Newsletter"']November 22, 2011

Dear customer:

Thank you for pre-ordering Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo Wii)
Unfortunately, due to an error on our part we were forced to cancel your pre-order. We're sure you're very disappointed by this and for that we sincerely apologize.

To make up for this, we are providing you with an eCertificate code that is valid for 1 free copy of the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo Wii) game ($49.99 value).[/QUOTE]

Apparently they cancel my order because they're system is confused i have two shipping address a digit apart. It doesn't look at the fact that I've done that numerous of times. (I pretty sure I had the correct one, but they changed it back to my billing one, which at the moment is only one digit apart). Nothing they can do, and I was told I won't be getting the steelbook, until I talk to the supervisor telling me yes I will be getting it. Sweet more incompetence I see.

PS: It was funny, yesterday I called for another issue, it was all good so they link me to their survey. Today both person I talked with sound pissed or was not happy, it wasn't a very pleasant conversation, and no links to the survey. I see how this works :eek:

For those who care, instead of false advertisement, they call all this a "Misprint" >_>;

[quote name='retro.elite']My order was not filled, with the voucher. Just great.[/QUOTE]

lol they saw it in store and went. No way!

Got ahold of my Futureshop bundle, it's a little banged up, dented corner, some other dents or marks. Glad I kept the first one for myself, will gift this to my brother who doesn't care about boxes.

What's this talk of vouchers? I want one!

[quote name='maigoyume']Surprisingly my CE came in good shape considering it was just in a bubble mailer. Case art is also free of the "includes Zelda music CD" and "Wii motion plus required" which is kinda nice.[/QUOTE]

Whoa you're right! Dammit now I can't sell mine!

I'm playing the game on my computer though (downloaded the .iso), playing it on sharp graphics and in HD is fucking glorious. Plus this way my CE case stays in mint condition ;).

New update form Laura (FS Admin)

Hi everyone,

I just spoke with the team here and have a couple of updates:

1. Due to a shipping delay, some stock of the bonus SteelBook (with purchase of the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) may not arrive in some stores until Wednesday, November 23. Rainchecks will be issued upon request. Please note that the bonus SteelBook is valid only to pre-orders and to the first 10 customers who purchase the game in-store on Sunday, November 20th as advertised in the November 18 flyer.

2. If your online order was cancelled, please keep your eye on your email as we will be sending you a note shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this have caused, and thank you for your patience!

Laura

Apparently this:

All orders for the game had the steel books cancelled off as a result in a delay in receiving the promotional item from the manufacturer. There is no concrete ETA for the steel books shipment. Once received we will up-date you. Any order that had a steel book on it will receive one separately.You will receive notification via email within the next couple business days with a resolution.We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.We thank you for your patients.
Should you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regardless of how definite that sounds, if you haven't already, complain. It's entirely feasible if you don't complain you won't be added to some magic list of customers that may actually get what they ordered.

[quote name='kathos']What's this talk of vouchers? I want one!

Whoa you're right! Dammit now I can't sell mine!

I'm playing the game on my computer though (downloaded the .iso), playing it on sharp graphics and in HD is fucking glorious. Plus this way my CE case stays in mint condition ;).[/QUOTE]Keeping mine mint that's for sure, also got the email with voucher code. Just waiting for FS to confirm my in-store pickup option and I'm off to get it.

[quote name='ragnar14']Regardless of how definite that sounds, if you haven't already, complain. It's entirely feasible if you don't complain you won't be added to some magic list of customers that may actually get what they ordered.[/QUOTE]

How would I go about doing that exactly? I want my steelbook, dammit!

just be patient. we all should be getting them at the end of next week. free is free even if your order were canceled or backordered. but hey, free is free along with a $50 voucher code.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']just be patient. we all should be getting them at the end of next week. free is free even if your order were canceled or backordered. but hey, free is free along with a $50 voucher code.[/QUOTE]

It's a strategy in getting more people in buying the game from them. If they don't hold up their end of the bargin then it's false advertisement. Why bother getting it from them when there are better options out there?

[quote name='maigoyume']Keeping mine mint that's for sure, also got the email with voucher code. Just waiting for FS to confirm my in-store pickup option and I'm off to get it.[/QUOTE]
I picked store pick up, but the order was denied. Apparently promo code is not accepted in-store. Sent an email of what happen to customer service. They told me to make another order and send the new order number by email. Then they will credit back the game dollar amount. I gotta check my credit balance in a week to see if they actually did credit me back, and not just the before tax amount.

Yea did the same for me. Should've posted the results to save you the hassle but completely forgot about it. Should cover tax as well, so they say.

I got my wiimote bundle today. Box horribly mangled cause FS can't learn to ship in a box. Srsly, I think I'll just preorder 3 copies of every game I want to play in-store & just pick the one that isn't damaged of the lot >_>

bread's done
Back