Skyward Sword Steelbook at Futureshop *Updated with pics/ordering info*

dancrane212

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://twitter.com/#!/FS_Gamer/status/124181005799141376

I felt that this info deserves of it's own thread. I can't seem to remember the last time a Nintendo game got this treatment, looks like I'll be changing my Zelda pre-order yet again! Hopefully for the last time.

*Update*

Links and image courtesy of iNCREDiPiNOY

10182609.jpg

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo Wii) - $49.99

From the FutureShop Forum...
The steelbook will not be available on the limited edition Zelda Skyward sword bundle as we are close to pre-ordering all the units already. This bundle is extremely limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe your mailperson just hates you? My box came in perfect condition despite being shipped in one of those stupid bubble shippers. It just had a little scruff on the bottom right hand corner.

idk, when it comes to stuff like this, it's rly ymmv. I remembered getting a copy of wii sports resort w/motion+ box from best buy in a bubble & it did perfectly fine on the journey.

[quote name='maigoyume']That's what happens with free shipping, FS ain't no Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Even Amazon has switched over to stupid padder mailers nowadays. I've already sent 3 squishy games right back to them :cry:

[quote name='xezekielx']How would I go about doing that exactly? I want my steelbook, dammit![/QUOTE]
Scroll down to the bottom of any page, and look for "Contact Us".

[quote name='telepathy']idk, when it comes to stuff like this, it's rly ymmv. I remembered getting a copy of wii sports resort w/motion+ box from best buy in a bubble & it did perfectly fine on the journey.[/QUOTE]
You ever seen inside of a shipping hub? Lookup some videos on Youtube if you haven't. Stuff is handled quite a bit before reaching you by underpaid drones who hate their jobs. Then it's all palletized or tossed in a container, and buried in other stuff that's quite possibly heavy. The trucks that drive up to your door really only account for a small percentage of a parcels journey, and they're staffed by the more presentable employees in a shipping company...

I got lucky when I received my game on Tuesday. It came from Futureshop in mint condition (which shocked me) all because the mailman didn't try to force squeeze it into the mailbox and actually buzzed up and left it by the door.

I think there was to much mail in the box that day for him to begin stuffing (thankfully it didn't come yesterday since there was no mail so he may have stuffed it).

Even in the Amazon box it seems the box can get squished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5NozqRMlCE&feature=channel_video_title

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I still haven't got my copies yet, but when I do, if the box is mangled, it's going to FS to be swapped.[/QUOTE]
I think it's sold out everywhere.

I picked up my steelbook from FS today and it looks pretty sweet. This was for my instore preorder, if you preordered in stores i would get to your FS asap because the guy told me they called everyone who preordered but i didn't get a call. It looked like they only recieved like 20 steelbooks and the preorder list was at least 3 pages long.

I have my doubts about the online orders getting the steelbooks, from now on i will just preorder in stores since FS has no idea what "preordering" means.

[quote name='maigoyume']That's what I've heard as well, surprisingly my game only copy came in worse shape than the CE so that's getting swapped.[/QUOTE]
What was wrong with it, doesn't it just come in a plastic case? I've had a PS3 case arrive cracked once or twice when it was cold weather.

Oddly enough, I got my normal edition today (no steelbook, emailing them now), but didn't get my CE, even though they both shipped on the same day...

Good to hear that steelbook stock is apparently starting to come in.

Wow, am I ever frustrated... I called for an update on my order today (pre-ordered the first day the steelbook was made available) & was advised that unfortunately the steelbooks were all out of stock. So even though I had paid for the game, they said the steelbook was just a bonus so there was never a guarantee it would be in stock (my order status was confirmed for the game but the steelbook portion showed "shipment cancelled"! What's the point of pre-ordering something if they won't follow through?

My local FutureShop (Dartmouth Crossing) got the steelbooks in today, picked mine up and they gave me a free copy of Super Paper Mario to make up for the delay.

Wow, the service is so bad at my local FS they would probably ask you to give THEM a copy of paper mario to receive your Steelbook. They are so stingy, will go to any lengths to deny a price match, sell used products as new, etc.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']What was wrong with it, doesn't it just come in a plastic case? I've had a PS3 case arrive cracked once or twice when it was cold weather.[/QUOTE]Back of the case art was dented in (the paper was torn in multiple spots). This one was supposed to be a gift for a friend.

um here is what I did called in to my local store talked to the csr. Told them I didn't get one then they asked me if I got the ce I said yes.. I told them my buddy got one the other day. she transfered me to the entertainment guy? He said just come in and grab one. So i did the next day the emplyee asked who I talk to I said I don't remember gave me the steelbook and left...this was a local order so ymmv..

Good News!

This morning, CSR phoned me about the TLZ:SS steelbook and I was able to secure copies of it for free of charge. I'm glad I pre-ordered from day one when it was announced for the promo. I was afraid that they'll limited to 1 copy per customer but not. :D

Called my local store, asked if they had the steelbooks, told them about my preorder that got cancelled, CSR told me to bring in the receipt + game. Went to store, brought in receipt + game, manager got them to refund the game and buy it again WITH the steelbook and I was on my way.

[quote name='maigoyume']Called my local store, asked if they had the steelbooks, told them about my preorder that got cancelled, CSR told me to bring in the receipt + game. Went to store, brought in receipt + game, manager got them to refund the game and buy it again WITH the steelbook and I was on my way.[/QUOTE]
Did you pre-order online or instore? And did they cancel your whole Zelda order Game with steelbook or just the steelbook?

[quote name='retro.elite']Did you pre-order online or instore? And did they cancel your whole Zelda order Game with steelbook or just the steelbook?[/QUOTE]Preordered online, but I called in first to check if it would be okay. The entire order, then I ordered again using the voucher code they sent out and brought that receipt with me.

I ended up with a crushed CE from Future Shop, and I've been halfheartedly looking for a better copy.

Lucked out at the FS in Orleans this afternoon. They had 3 copies (pre-orders that were never picked up) in decent shape (some spider-wire rubbing, that gold stuff sure is fragile). They also had a handful of Steelbooks as well.

Grabbed one, so if anyone else is looking, they might still be there.

I emailed them and they said there was a manufacturer's error and they didn't receive them in time, so they'll ship December 2

So I finally got my CE in the mail today. It was completely destroyed. The box was all collapsed and crinkled and bent/creased, and was even torn on one corner. It's because they sent it in one of their immense mailers that's like shipping the game in a loose fucking grocery bag.

I don't know if I should complain to FS customer service to get them to send me another one or just try to exchange it in a store.

Exchange it instore first if possible. Chances are they're clean soldout, but you're way more likely to get one in decent shape. If that fails bitch online. But they're probably soldout there too, and the next copy will likely get damaged in the mail if they have one...

[quote name='ragnar14']Exchange it instore first if possible. Chances are they're clean soldout, but you're way more likely to get one in decent shape. If that fails bitch online. But they're probably soldout there too, and the next copy will likely get damaged in the mail if they have one...[/QUOTE]

I already sent them a big complaining email, because even if I exchange it in store, they should know how disappointed I am. I'll try to take it in tomorrow and see if they have any copies left.

So strangely enough I find a padded envelope on my table when I got home, and I had a hunch it was from FS or BB. It was a Skyward Sword steelbook!! Wow, so surprised they actually mailed me one. I called around and a few FS's said no to me.

However....my retarded mailman pushed it through my mail slot and it's pretty dented. I'll have to call around and ask if I can do an exchange or something. If not, then eh whatever it's not a big deal, I pretty much got it for free due to FS's mistake.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']So I finally got my CE in the mail today. It was completely destroyed. The box was all collapsed and crinkled and bent/creased, and was even torn on one corner. It's because they sent it in one of their immense mailers that's like shipping the game in a loose fucking grocery bag.

I don't know if I should complain to FS customer service to get them to send me another one or just try to exchange it in a store.[/QUOTE]

Update on this. There were no copies left in store. I got an email back from customer care saying I should lodge a complaint with Canada Post, and they're sorry but they have no more steelbooks... but my complaint/email wasn't even about a steelbook!!! I replied asking them politely to re-read my email.

This is 100% Future Shop's fault, NOT Canada Post. If they're going to ship a fragile cardboard box in a huge loose envelope without any indication that it's fragile, of course it's going to get wrecked.

This was my last order ever from Future Shop's online store.

[quote name='Icetron']So strangely enough I find a padded envelope on my table when I got home, and I had a hunch it was from FS or BB. It was a Skyward Sword steelbook!! Wow, so surprised they actually mailed me one. I called around and a few FS's said no to me.

However....my retarded mailman pushed it through my mail slot and it's pretty dented. I'll have to call around and ask if I can do an exchange or something. If not, then eh whatever it's not a big deal, I pretty much got it for free due to FS's mistake.[/QUOTE]

Yay, mine showed up in the mail as well, in nice shape too :)

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Update on this. There were no copies left in store. I got an email back from customer care saying I should lodge a complaint with Canada Post, and they're sorry but they have no more steelbooks... but my complaint/email wasn't even about a steelbook!!! I replied asking them politely to re-read my email.

This is 100% Future Shop's fault, NOT Canada Post. If they're going to ship a fragile cardboard box in a huge loose envelope without any indication that it's fragile, of course it's going to get wrecked.

This was my last order ever from Future Shop's online store.[/QUOTE]
Just because it's marked fragile doesn't mean it's going to be treated as fragile. I had a purolator person tell me that.

Got my steelbook today.

It's not as nice as I thought it would be. Kinda flimsy and the inside design isn't very nice. My Ratatouille and Cars steelbooks from many years ago feel a lot more sturdy than this one. They must be using a lower gauge metal or something to save costs.

Meh.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']

This was my last order ever from Future Shop's online store.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy shipped it in the same exact envelope, might want to boycott them as well while you're at it. I ordered two and one came in mostly good condition, the other kinda banged up. Luck of the draw.

[quote name='Shinn23']Just because it's marked fragile doesn't mean it's going to be treated as fragile. I had a purolator person tell me that.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, and I also know that it's possible to receive damaged products with any online retailer, but I'd rather hedge my bets and go with one who actually makes an effort from now on.

Btw, anyone in ottawa who still needs steelbooks, I found some at Gloucester Centre Futureshop. See if you can get one by asking nicely or something :p

bread's done
Back