Sleep Is Death - a storytelling game for two players by Jason Rohrer

fizzywix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Looked for a thread about this, but didn't find one.

http://www.sleepisdeath.net/

Pre-order by Friday and get TWO copies of the game for $9, and get it on Friday, a week early.

Otherwise, get it on the 16th for $14

Previews:
Kotaku

IGN

Destructoid - Controller Mode

Destructoid - Player Mode

Joystiq

So, this looks pretty awesome.

One person is the Player, the other is the Controller. The game world, characters, and objects are created by the Controller. The Player and Controller alternate taking 30 second turns. The Player can move his character, type words to be spoken, or type actions. The Controller reacts to the Player as he sees fit and modifies the world accordingly. It plays out like old Sierra adventure games, but with human controller AI. At the end of the story, a flipbook-like slideshow is made to remember and review.

See it in action in the previews and on the official website here (a slideshow that explains and demonstrates everything about the game)

I'm very interested after listening to the HAWPcast and Anthony talking about it, I'm just afraid that if I buy it I won't play it with anyone.

Whoa, neat concept. Also, I see it was co-sponsored by my alma mater, GT. (Though the LCC school is kind of a joke at Tech.)

this sounds like some sort of roleplaying shenanigans

yup, just "watched" the slide show. game is entirely dependent on the DM. look forward to Cock's Tale of Bouncing Penis and Nuttsack's Quest. Also rape.

I'll vouch for it as well, pretty cool concept. The main problem is the lack of in-game matchmaking, you have to resort to sites like SIDTube in order to find someone and unless every player uses it, you're kind of missing out a bit if you can't get one of the friends you know personally to play.

Here's my review of it: Sleep is Death Review

The flipbook feature is certainly a noteworthy feature, reading stories that others made is often amusing along with recapping your own.

bread's done
Back