Sleeping Beauty 2-Disc Platinum Edition Blu-Ray USED - $6.74 - Fulfilled By AMAZON

Great price! I'll swing for one. 693 in stock from one of the listings (Source Media Like / New) and 999+ on the other listing from same seller?

[quote name='Arakias']Great price! I'll swing for one. 693 in stock from one of the listings (Source Media Like / New) and 999+ on the other listing from same seller?[/QUOTE]

yea thats REALLY odd... I just saw that. but the seller has good ratings.

weird. either way its a great deal if it goes through!

I wonder if this was bought from that seller?
1.0 out of 5 stars "used-like new" should have been "honestly don't buy", September 22, 2011
Two-Disc Platinum Edition BR/DVD Combo.
I own alot of BR/DVD combo and this was not like those. this case was a two disc holder (owner lost original case and try to pass this one out- placed DVD copy in a slip case and inserted in the BR Case. all discs were dirty. DVD disc has a chip at the edge and did not function properly. over all, this item was a disappointment and will be returned.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if this was bought from that seller?[/QUOTE]

oh boy I hope not....

@Yankees - I'm not sure. this is a 3rd party seller that is simply fulfilled by amazon so it's hit or miss.

I just received my order from the same seller after placing the order a few weeks ago for a dollar more. The item came without the slipcover, the artwork pretty beat up in the blu-ray case (large creases/tears in the shape of a disc as if the whole case had been badly smashed). The discs, however, were pristine, and included the DVD. Not bad for the price, imo. I'm curious to know what condition others will receive them in...

P.S. I just noticed after looking at photos online that the DVD came in a generic sleeve, and not the original promo sleeve. Not a biggy, but interesting nonetheless.

[quote name='Darshminder']I just received my order from the same seller after placing the order a few weeks ago for a dollar more. The item came without the slipcover, the artwork pretty beat up in the blu-ray case (large creases/tears in the shape of a disc as if the whole case had been badly smashed). The discs, however, were pristine, and included the DVD. Not bad for the price, imo. I'm curious to know what condition others will receive them in...[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, did the seller sell your item under "Like New" condition like this one?

In for one. Worst thing that happens is I have to contact Amazon and get my $ back if it is not worth the $6.74. I don't need a perfect copy for that price, just one in reasonable shape and that plays.

Thanks OP

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']Out of curiosity, did the seller sell your item under "Like New" condition like this one?[/QUOTE]

Yup:

Sleeping Beauty (Two-Disc Platinum Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live) [Blu-ray] $7.49
Condition: Used - Like New
Sold by: Source Media Group

Normally, I would have totally argued the condition, and probably sent the item back for a refund. In this situation, however, the price was so low for an item that has been OOP and overpriced for a while, it wouldn't have been worth shipping it back. Additionally, if I were the seller, I would argue that cases/artwork are smashed in retail stores ALL THE TIME and sold as "new". Soooo, yeah, it is what it is. As much as my OCD is killing me, I'm not sure there is any cheap way to relieve the anxiety at this time.

Some of the only things I'm not selling are my Disney movies... and I need this one for my collection. The price is just right too. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad.

I bought one of these a week or so ago and got mine in the mail, not in a like new condition. I had the two disc case with the DVD in a slip cover and the artwork was a little rough.

But for the price I think I'll print off some new artwork and transfer this to a 3 disc case and be happy. I didn't expect to get a slipcover.

[quote name='Blaster man']There are 4 sellers charging the same price all with amazon fulfillment. Which seller are you guys buying from?[/QUOTE]

I only see one, SourceMedia, and they lowered the price to $6.61

[quote name='ssjmichael']I see now. The acceptable one says it doesn't have the DVD though. It's really up to you.[/QUOTE]

Good eye. I didn't look that closely at it. I'll buy it from the very good condition seller and report back when I get it. That should be Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's down to $6.47 from ExpressMedia/SourceMediaGroup. Thanks OP. Hope my copy is closer to 'like new', than not.

Okay guys, I just got my copy from Master DVD (listed as "very good" condition).

Here's the rundown:
The blu ray case is in good shape, not perfect but definitely acceptable to have in my collection. The case only has space in it for 1 disk. I don't know if that's the way they produced these at the time but it's possible since this is probably one of the earliest Disney combo releases (2008).

In the one slot is disk 1, the blu ray. Disk 1 is in perfect condition (not a scratch on it).

Blu ray disk 2 is in a sleeve tucked inside with the inserts. This blu ray is in perfect condition.

The DVD is in a separate sleeve and that sleeve was taped to the outside of the blu ray box. This sleeve was clearly manufactured this way and was produced as part of the original packaging (regardless of weather the 2nd blu disk was supposed to be in a sleeve). It's sleeve has artwork on it and on the back I can still see/feel the rubber sticky glue that's used to stick add-ons to cases (I'm not sure what it's called but you guys would know it. To get it off, you sort of roll it around into a ball and try to scrape it off). The DVD is in perfect condition but it's sleeve is in rougher shape, showing creases at the bottom.

Three inserts are included. Two are advertisements and one is the Disney rewards code. I typed this code into my account and it added the points. So this code, out since 2008 was active and unused until now. I got 125 points for it.

Sleeping Beauty 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition Blu-ray
You've Earned 125 points!
sleepingbeautyplatinumeditionbluray1268616168344.jpg

All in all, well worth $6.61. I'm very happy with this.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Woot! I get mine today hopefully all is as good as above.

M[/QUOTE]

Did you buy yours from Master DVD or Media Source like me?

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']What are the odds that this will come with the slip over & the inserts?[/QUOTE]

I bought one fulfilled form source media group a few weeks ago for 9 something shipped. It didn't have the slipsleeve. inside it has the 2 blu ray discs and the dvd in the little sleeve.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I bought one fulfilled form source media group a few weeks ago for 9 something shipped. It didn't have the slipsleeve. inside it has the 2 blu ray discs and the dvd in the little sleeve.[/QUOTE]

The one I ordered a week ago came exactly the same way. Still a crazy good deal for $7.

Got mine today from Source Media.

-All of the discs are pristine. No scratches, just little specs of dust that were easily blown off.
-The case itself was a little beat up, but nothing major.
-The artwork in between the plastic and the case was worn out, too, but nothing major.
-No inserts.
-No slipcover, but this doesn't bother me.

Looks like the original packaging, although the DVD came in a sleeve. I thought since this was the "platinum" release that disney would at least have put the DVD in a little swinging hinge in between the 2 blu ray discs...

Overall, a very good buy for the price.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Got mine today from Source Media.

-All of the discs are pristine. No scratches, just little specs of dust that were easily blown off.
-The artwork in between the plastic and the case was worn out, too, but nothing major.
-No inserts.

Looks like the original packaging, although the DVD came in a sleeve. I thought since this was the "platinum" release that disney would at least have put the DVD in a little swinging hinge in between the 2 blu ray discs...

Overall, a very good buy for the price.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I wish I had an unused insert at least.

M

Source Media for me. Got it today. No slipcover or inserts. Blu Ray discs and case in good shape, but DVD has a massive "rub scratch" on it - not a deep scratch more like a smear scratch. I'll have to test the DVD tonight to make sure it plays. Otherwise - price was right - can't complain about the missing slipcover/insert.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Got mine today from Source Media.

-No inserts.

Overall, a very good buy for the price.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was just bummed that it didn't have the insert for more points.

Source Media seems questionable about their product descriptions. I just ordered Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes from them that was described as being in "like new" condition but was missing the original game case and shipped in a generic two disc dvd case. The artwork and manual was all there, but the discs were definitely not "like new". Doesn't seem to just be Sleeping Beauty related.

Got mine from Source Media.

-All three discs were in perfect condition (DVD in a paper sleeve)
-Case had a broken clasp
-Artwork was fine
-No inserts, no slipcover

[quote name='gar3']Got mine from Source Media.

-All three discs were in perfect condition (DVD in a paper sleeve)
-Artwork was fine
-No inserts, no slipcover[/QUOTE]
Same here

Back and spine of case look a little worn, but everything else was perfect. DVD came in a sleeve and no slipcover or inserts, but I'll live. Thanks, CAG!

bread's done
Back