Sleeping Beauty(BD) $23.86 @ Wal-mart.com

[quote name='eau']Is the DVD from the BD set the same disc 1 from the DVD edition?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. However the DVD is stored in a cardbord sleve.

I was able to get it price matched at Best Buy and get the alarm clock for my daughter. (She'll flip when she sees that.)
Thanks OP.

[quote name='psunami']I was able to get it price matched at Best Buy and get the alarm clock for my daughter. (She'll flip when she sees that.)
Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
No problem.

This is probably the best looking animation title ever. It looks incredible, the amount of details, the textures and the colors are absolutely amazing(CG movies cant touch this). I have about 150 BDs and this might be in the top 10 for best looking movies. Definite must buy.

[quote name='dyeknom']Just a bit of random information.

If you purchase this via Price Match in store... you are not eligible for the $10.00 gift card in the buyback program.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat163300050002&type=category&cmp=null&h=387

The buyback is when you purchase the movie, send in any old Disney DVD and get $10.00. Personally, I'd be tempted to take the buyback over the Price Match since I've upgraded Pirates 1 to blu-ray.[/quote]
Regarding this buy back program, do you get a rebate form printed from the register when you checkout at the store? When you send in a old Disney DVD, do you send the disc only or the whole case?

^ yeah good question. the details seem iffy on this.

also, i wonder if i could just send them back my dvd ver. of sleeping beauty. i really have no use for it.

I think that might have been their plan all along. or maybe not. iono.

Also to add, the envelope to send your disney dvd when you buy sleeping beauty, i got it on the same stand where i found the blu ray and dvds on display , on a big sleeping beauty display, right above the movies.

And i can fit a DVD case inside the envelope. take off the Sleeve/slip case or it wont fit.

[quote name='psunami']I was able to get it price matched at Best Buy and get the alarm clock for my daughter. (She'll flip when she sees that.)
Thanks OP.[/quote]
Did the same, thanks OP. I have a 3 yo and she is going to love the clock and we have a DVD for the car to boot. I hope Disney keeps including DVD versions with the BR versions.

I wonder if I should wait for the next DDD's 20% off event (in late November) and get it for $21 shipped instead.

Does it bother anyone else that this movie is 7.1 and movies like iron man, are 5.1?

same with nightmare before xmas...

I wish all BD\HD-DVD had been 7.1 from the get go, but if we have the capability to make a 7.1 audio track, why do it for a 50+ year old cartoon, and not a ~1year old action movie like iron man.

/rant

ime just came in the mail from an amazon prepreorder... I didnt realize this was a 2 disc set with another disc in a slipsleeve of the dvd version of the movie. Thats seems pretty bad ass to me :)

why a dvd and not a digital copy of the movie

Last edited:
This is how you ease average joe into bluray.
Too bad other studios aren't this smart.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']ime just came in the mail from an amazon prepreorder... I didnt realize this was a 2 disc set with another disc in a slipsleeve of the dvd version of the movie. Thats seems pretty bad ass to me :)[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good price for this movie. i just finished watching it today and the HD transfer blew my mind, it's that good. I'm looking forward to watching the PiP commentary in a few days. Disney has yet to fail me when it comes to Blu-rays, I'm really looking forward to Wall-E later this year.

bread's done
Back