Sleeping Dogs 19.99 & Deus Ex: HR 14.99 on XBL

TaylorM06

CAGiversary!
Square Enix Sale on XBL. Those were the 2 big titles that were on sale, along with their DLC.

Some other games/DLC that are on sale:

Kane & Lynch 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Guardian of Light, Mini Ninjas, Dungeon Seige 3 and All Zombies Must Die.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Square Enix Sale on XBL. Those were the 2 big titles that were on sale, along with their DLC.

Some other games/DLC that are on sale:

Kane & Lynch 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Guardian of Light, Mini Ninjas, Dungeon Seige 3 and All Zombies Must Die.[/QUOTE]

I've got em both on Steam already, but that's actually a pretty solid price on those 2.

[quote name='legs1986']I've got em both on Steam already, but that's actually a pretty solid price on those 2.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If I hadn't played/beat/sold them already, and the fact that TR, GOW, Gears and Bioshock weren't all being released all this month, I would re-purchase them. But I know they won't get played anytime soon.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Now if only the disc copy of Sleeping Dogs would drop to that price.[/QUOTE]

It was $19.99 at Newegg a few weeks ago. I regret not buying it then instead of waiting for Amazon to match (which never happened)

[quote name='nypickle']It was $19.99 at Newegg a few weeks ago. I regret not buying it then instead of waiting for Amazon to match (which never happened)[/QUOTE]

It's a REALLY good game. I would pay $19.99 if it was the disc version. But I don't want to pay $20 for a downloaded game I've already beat.

[quote name='nypickle']It was $19.99 at Newegg a few weeks ago. I regret not buying it then instead of waiting for Amazon to match (which never happened)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's when i bought it. Highly recommend the game to anyone BTW, it's fantastic.

[quote name='Desousa93']i could careless, it doesn't hurt anyone to repost. I have checked that thread maybe 3 times and wasted my time every time. Deus ex hr is the only game I have contemplated buying dlc for now I will buy it on sale because of this thread.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! I hate when I see that "OMG REPOST WTF CAN YOU NOT READ AND DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST" bullshit. People see a deal, and they post it. Isn't that the point?

[quote name='TaylorM06']THANK YOU! I hate when I see that "OMG REPOST WTF CAN YOU NOT READ AND DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST" bullshit. People see a deal, and they post it. Isn't that the point?[/QUOTE]

No, that's not the point. It serves no purpose to clutter the Deal forum with two, three (as we had the other day) or more threads for the same deal. Not only does it push other, unique deals off the page, it fractures the discussion of the deal - which every once in a great while actually contains useful information.

In this case, however, I don't have a problem with this thread as the deals are buried in another (essentially perpetual) thread, and the OP never seems to put specific hot deals in the title (like, say, the Best Buy DOTD thread).

I keep getting really tempted by Sleeping Dogs, but there is SO much DLC for that game already that I keep hoping a GOTY (or whatever) edition eventually shows up that has it all included - be it because I'd buy that version, or because it would knock the vanilla edition down to probably 10-15 bucks.

[quote name='TaylorM06']THANK YOU! I hate when I see that "OMG REPOST WTF CAN YOU NOT READ AND DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST" bullshit. People see a deal, and they post it. Isn't that the point?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Great price for Sleeping Dogs, one of the better games from last year. I haven't tried any of the DLC but even just the vanilla version is worth it at this price

[quote name='gantt']No, that's not the point. It serves no purpose to clutter the Deal forum with two, three (as we had the other day) or more threads for the same deal. Not only does it push other, unique deals off the page, it fractures the discussion of the deal - which every once in a great while actually contains useful information.

In this case, however, I don't have a problem with this thread as the deals are buried in another (essentially perpetual) thread, and the OP never seems to put specific hot deals in the title (like, say, the Best Buy DOTD thread).[/QUOTE]

I understand the annoyance of something like "DEAD SPACE 3 $40" on one thread and then "DEAD SPACE 3 FOR 39.99" 2 more times. But I think deals like this that may be inside one of the mega threads is no big deal. I've posted deals like this previous times and I always get the OMG WTF response from someone because god forbid they have to scroll past ONE post that dupes ANOTHER MEGA THREAD post -____-

[quote name='gantt']No, that's not the point. It serves no purpose to clutter the Deal forum with two, three (as we had the other day) or more threads for the same deal. Not only does it push other, unique deals off the page, it fractures the discussion of the deal - which every once in a great while actually contains useful information.

In this case, however, I don't have a problem with this thread as the deals are buried in another (essentially perpetual) thread, and the OP never seems to put specific hot deals in the title (like, say, the Best Buy DOTD thread).[/QUOTE]

These deals are right in the OP of the XBL thread, no need to "dig" for them. Unfortunately CAG doesn't let me enter 250 characters in the title so I can't list every deal. Rather, I list broad descriptions of every deal, and put the reliance on each individual CAG to actually click on the thread.

[quote name='tylerh1701']These deals are right in the OP of the XBL thread, no need to "dig" for them. Unfortunately CAG doesn't let me enter 250 characters in the title so I can't list every deal. Rather, I list broad descriptions of every deal, and put the reliance on each individual CAG to actually click on the thread.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. ANything xbla related will be in the xbox live thread, as the same goes with psn related things. The "ultimate G.O.D. sale" imo is one of a VERY few expections to when it comes to creating a seperate thread for these sort of deals. Im all for the OP posting this, hell edit the thread and write you can get Sleeping Dogs for 400 MSP on the hungrian marketplace.

Well I appreciate the post OP, I wasn't going to visit the main XBLA thread so this caught my eye and I purchased Sleeping Dogs.

[quote name='bbj77']Well I appreciate the post OP, I wasn't going to visit the main XBLA thread so this caught my eye and I purchased Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

lol you coulda bought it for $5 on hungarian

[quote name='bbj77']Well I appreciate the post OP, I wasn't going to visit the main XBLA thread so this caught my eye and I purchased Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

:whee:

[quote name='KaneRobot']I keep getting really tempted by Sleeping Dogs, but there is SO much DLC for that game already that I keep hoping a GOTY (or whatever) edition eventually shows up that has it all included - be it because I'd buy that version, or because it would knock the vanilla edition down to probably 10-15 bucks.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really want to buy the game, but would rather get a complete version, if possible, so I'm still waiting.

bread's done
Back