"slimpack" old horror movie dvds at horrormovies.com NOW .75 CENTS EACH!

alfonsosoriano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Slimpack, in case you dont know, means they don't come in a dvd case (which is something you can change yourself if you wanted to.

http://www.horrormovies.com/advance...c_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=0&pto=1.00

*COMPLETE LIST WITH YEAR FILMED*

Carnival of Souls (1962)
Cathy's Curse (1977)
Christmas Evil (1980)
Creature (1985
Dead Men Walk (1943)
Death at Love House (1976)
Die Sister, Die! (1972)
Fangs of the Living Dead (1969)
Good Against Evil (1977)
Horror Hotel (1960)
King of the Zombies (1941)
Mad Monster and The Black Raven DOUBLE FEATURE *$0.99*
Moon of the Wolf (1972)
Night of the Living Dead (1968) *$0.99*
Scream of the Wolf (1974)
The Severed Arm (1973)
Sisters of Death (1978)
Swamp Women
Teenage Zombies (1959) *$0.99*
Wolfman (1979)

I ordered 19 (already have Night of the Living Dead) and after shipping, it was 19 movies for $21.78. Not too bad even if some of these aren't good. I'll take it. I'd love to see as many horror movies as I can. But hurry, have to place your order in 50 minutes or you're going to have to wait. I'm sure somewhere you can get DVD cases for cheap if you prefer that and make your own stuff if you don't want to keep it slimpack. The $0.99 ones are DVD cases though.

Carnival of Souls is awesome and far ahead of its time. If you are really into older horror you will love this movie, you can definately see how it influenced horror movies down the road. Not too old (20 years or so) but I have to recommend the changling. Also not .99 :)

Alright, thanks. I'll probably end up picking up a few of these. Not bad prices. I found some cheap prices on DVD cases online so if I want, I can do that too to make them look better.

Carnival of Souls is supposedly great, but I've yet to see it because I'm hoping to grab the Criterion version from my library. Night of the Living Dead is great, as you know. Horror Hotel is decent enough and Swamp Women is Roger Corman, so it's gotta be worth a buck at least. All the others look kinda cheesy, but they are a buck after all.

You can probably find these at your local dollar store too. I saw a article about these, this one distributer said most of these movies are public domain now so anyone can make and sell them. He said there are a lot of ones that are just plain shitty quality and not playable.

I actually own some of these already, but it's still a great deal. I might get some of the ones I don't have.

Anyway, here are the ones I do have:

Carnival of Souls - Fantastic film. Far better than the Wes Craven remake and amazing atmospheric cinematics. Also available in the Criterion Collection.

Christmas Evil - Pretty stupid, really. Almost "so bad it's good", but not quite. Good lead performance, strangely. Worth .99. Silent Night, Deadly Night is better, though. Both of those movies are on a double feature DVD for a buck, too. Used to have it, but lost it.

Night of the Living Dead - Probably one of the finest indie flicks ever... and one of the best films, for that matter.

The Severed Arm - Haven't watched it yet. Looks a little inept, but I'm not positive. Interesting plot, though.

Horror Hotel - Haven't watched this yet, either.

I've seen Fangs of the Living Dead, but I don't really remember it. I might have to order it.

Those older zombie movies might be worth a look. Before Romero, zombies were explained by voodoo, science or drugs.

Too bad they don't have Bela Lugosi's White Zombie, which you can find at dollar stores and grocery stores. One of the best horror films ever, especially for the 1930s. First zombie film EVER. Lugosi's performance if brilliant.

Carnival of Souls (1962) - Pretty good, but it's been a while.
Christmas Evil (1980) - Horrible, not even good for humor.
Die Sister, Die! (1972) - Horrible
Horror Hotel (1960) - Bad in a good way. People are planted in the ground, and the sign explodes for no reason.
King of the Zombies (1941) - Not really good, but worth watching for the ridiculous level of racism.
Night of the Living Dead (1968) - Great, of course.
Sisters of Death (1978) - Terrible, if I remember correctly.

Hm, I honestly thought I would have seen more of those. Anyway, all of these movies are probably on Archive.org for free. Much worse quality than even these DVDs are sure to have, but you can find out if they're worth owning.

Also, if you like this sort of thing, this 50 movie horror pack is pretty worthwhile:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VMG007003
Overstock has the full list of movies involved:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=629075

[quote name='CokeCola']Horror Hotel (1960) - Bad in a good way. People are planted in the ground, and the sign explodes for no reason.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you thinking of "Motel Hell"? That's the only roadside accomodation horror flick I can think of where people are buried in the ground. Including, if I remember, "Cliff" from Cheers. I'd pay double the price listed to see that again... :)

[quote name='Graystone']How much is shipping. I might pick up some of these.[/QUOTE]

It varies. Just put some in the cart and check out.

Ha, I don't even care if alot of these are bad.

[quote name='cheapskategamer']Aren't you thinking of "Motel Hell"? That's the only roadside accomodation horror flick I can think of where people are buried in the ground. Including, if I remember, "Cliff" from Cheers. I'd pay double the price listed to see that again... :)[/QUOTE]
Damn, you got me. I was trying to think which letter burnt out to make "Horror Hotel," but it was the o in "Motel Hello." Motel Hell, in any case, is available in one of the Brentwood 10 packs, I think. I guess if I've seen Horror Hotel, I don't remember it.

I just want to let you guys know about the quality. I popped in one from 1941 I think, and the quality was very watchable. It even had a bonus 25-minute film, which I did NOT expect.

So many to watch, where to start!?

At the dollar stores (dollar tree) they have movies like these sometimes (check soon for halloween...)...They aren't very good. Not the transfer...just the movies in general.

bread's done
Back