slow downloads?

refusedchaos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
272 (100%)
hey why does it take so long to download something on my PS3 lately? it used to be fast now it took literally all day to download the Dynasty Warriors Gundam demo....also for the GRAW2 and Heavenly Sword demo...my 360 downloads demos quick while my PS3 takes fooover!!!

I think it depends on when you are downloading. But my downloads used to be slow, but now i have a faster internet and they are much faster then before. don't know if that helps at all.

For the fisrt month of owning a ps3 I agree with you. Download speeds did suck. In the last week they have improved here in the northwest.

My speeds have always been quick. Close to 1MB/sec. Last night started off the same, downloading the FolkSoul demo. But around 65% through, it slowed to dial up speeds. That is the first I have saw that. Hopefully the trend does not continue.
~S

I'm sure it was just congestion....I bitched too in the beginning, but it seems to be better...although, last night I just let it go while I watched TV.

I haven't had any problems yet with download speeds and I haven't opened up any ports for my PS3 yet on my router either.

I agree, I started downloading the Folklore demo last night, played Shadow of the Colosus for about 30 minutes to find it was only 5% done, and this was at around 11:00 p.m. last night.

I really hope Warhawk isn't this damn slow on Tuesday.

[quote name='refusedchaos']hey why does it take so long to download something on my PS3 lately? it used to be fast now it took literally all day to download the Dynasty Warriors Gundam demo....also for the GRAW2 and Heavenly Sword demo...my 360 downloads demos quick while my PS3 takes fooover!!![/QUOTE]

Same experience here. The 360 servers must have more bandwidth at their disposal, since I'm dling to both through the same switch. Hopefully Sony upgrades that soon.

bread's done
Back