Slow loading today

Keen314

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm seeing some godawful loading today on CAG. Pages take 10+ minutes to load. One thing I found while waiting for my tabs to load was that cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com isn't responding to pings. Dunno if that's normal for that server, but hope it helps.

All seems normal at this end.

Next time you experience a slow page load, paste the link to the exact page here and I'll check it out.

[quote name='John']All seems normal at this end.

Next time you experience a slow page load, paste the link to the exact page here and I'll check it out.[/QUOTE]

It's on every single page load on CAG. It's taken me an hour just to post this response.

Looks like there's an issue reaching 67.201.31.224, which is what cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com resolves to. Doing a tracert shows that I get to the point where the packet leaves Comcast's network, and reaches a netdna IP, but then nothing after that. This is at home, where I have Comcast as my ISP. At work I don't have this issue, and I see the same issue on all of my computers here at home, so this seems to be an issue with Comcast and CAG's CDN.

Meant to include a snippet of my traceroute.
Code:
wilc0076@Nibbler:~$ tracepath 67.201.31.224  
6:  pos-2-14-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net        46.175ms  
7:  pos-0-1-0-0-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net   50.295ms  
8:  75.149.231.254                                       48.564ms  
9:  69.174.30.2                                          43.645ms 
10:  no reply
With the rest being no reply. In the meantime, I've just added cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com to my hosts file, pointing at 127.0.0.1 so at least I can read CAG from home.

It's not the first time our CDN has had network issues - I'll look into it, but in the meantime you're better off changing your hosts file override to 67.225.136.20, that way you'll bypass the CDN.

I can concur on the cdn issues.. very slow loading and I came in here to see if the problem was noticed.
I am experiencing it also.
-Mike

bread's done
Back