Slowdown in VC game sales

[quote name='b3b0p']$5 is too expensive. Only reason I will not ever buy a VC game. $1 for the most expensive game is the highest I will offer.[/quote]

lmao well i would pay $5 for n64. I paid the $10 for Starfox 64 because i had ti have it. I bought the wii when it was released. Huge fan. :D

[quote name='b3b0p']$5 is too expensive. Only reason I will not ever buy a VC game. $1 for the most expensive game is the highest I will offer.[/quote]

AHHHHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, oh, wait, it's sarcasm! Hoo boy.

PSX graphics don't bother me. I was enjoying some Breath of Fire IV earlier and honestly, if you can live with the graphics on the Nintendo DS, I don't know how the PSX graphics become hard to look at.

There isn't a single game that is coming out on VC that I want that I don't already have. My SNES is in the next room and it'd take as much effort to hook it up as it would to acquire Wii points. I grew up in the SNES era, and I'm just plain sick of yesteryear's games. I have NO incentive to fire blind on something I don't already own, and I don't have sex fantasies about anything I do own enough that I'll likely play it again.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']PSX graphics don't bother me. I was enjoying some Breath of Fire IV earlier and honestly, if you can live with the graphics on the Nintendo DS, I don't know how the PSX graphics become hard to look at.[/QUOTE]

I mainly only play 2D games on the DS, and most crappy looking PSX games are 3D ones (while the few 2D like Symphony of the Night do look fine).

But still, the 3D stuff on the DS like Mario Kart does still look better than most 3D games on the PSX as the DS is basically a slightly more powerful N64 with the benefit of having a high resolution smalls sceen. The N64 already looked better than the PSX in terms of having better anti-aliasing which reduced jaggies, it was just hampered by the fog/low draw distances which the DS doesn't seem to have as much.

[quote name='dallow']I'm afraid of playing Silent Hill because I don't want my memories tarnished by a bad framerate, pop up, muddy textures.

But I do want to be scared again.
They should just remake it for PS3, a perfect remake, nothing added except for better graphics.

The first one is still the best one to me, still the scariest.[/quote]I coudln't agree more. There were a ton of great games in that era that I would love to see remade with more capable visuals that allow better atmosphere and playability, much like Capcom did by remaking the original Resident Evil for the Gamecube.

Getting many of the games that at their core are great games remade would really help to preserve them. There's even a few games from this generation that I'd like to see remade. Shadow of the Colossus was epic and grand, but its horrid framerate and grainy look isn't going to age any better than most of the PS1 titles have. Getting that one remade on the PS3 would be great, and it would probably pay better tribute to the original vision and scope of the game than its PS2 release did.

2D games tend to just hold up better. Super Mario Bros. got a face-lift in Mario-All Stars, but truth-be-told, I'd rather play it with the original look. There's just so much crap going on with 3D games in their controls and their cameras that make things go down hill fast, especially in the earlier games.

I played a ton of Jet Moto, Gran Turismo, Destruction Derby, and the original Need for Speed back in the day, but I wouldn't even think about rebuying any of those titles again because they've aged very poorly and by-and-large they have better versions of the concepts or sequels to the game outs there.

[quote name='supershammy']AHHHHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, oh, wait, it's sarcasm! Hoo boy.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm?

I'll pay $2 for Earthbound maybe.

Will you pay 50 cents max for a gallon of milk? Will you only buy gas if it is a dollar a gallon? Will you only buy products that are only a fraction of their gross value?

You are a totally unreasonable consumer and Nintendo does not mourn the loss of your customership.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I mainly only play 2D games on the DS, and most crappy looking PSX games are 3D ones (while the few 2D like Symphony of the Night do look fine).

But still, the 3D stuff on the DS like Mario Kart does still look better than most 3D games on the PSX as the DS is basically a slightly more powerful N64 with the benefit of having a high resolution smalls sceen. The N64 already looked better than the PSX in terms of having better anti-aliasing which reduced jaggies, it was just hampered by the fog/low draw distances which the DS doesn't seem to have as much.[/QUOTE]

I can't really agree. In general I think the Playstation and N64 had more impressive 3D visuals, although that may have as much to do with the money spent on game creation as the hardware involved. I mean I haven't really seen anything on the DS that would indicate it's more powerful than the N64. I just think it's in that generation somewhere. Seems to have some advantages and disadvantages compared to the PSX and N64.

i just got my wii and the only thing i need off the virtual console is splatterhouse for tg16. i have everything i want already. im new to the wii, so hopefully they keep adding more soon.

bread's done
Back