Smack Talk (360) $10 at CircuitCity

[quote name='TM2 Rampage']Wow, a 3rd party accessory to help you annoy other players... the reviews make it sound interesting.[/quote]

I saw this and thought it had been more expensive... I kind of want it just for some Army of Darkness lines during Perfect Dark Zero, "This, is my Boomstick!"

My friend Goosedude has this, and i must admit...for $10, it might be worth it.
If I could pick one up cheap...I wouldnt mind screwing around with it.

[quote name='guyver2077']wow looks interesting

how would you record an mp3 or sound file on it?[/QUOTE]
Headphone jack.

Plug in a CD player, MP3 player, or computer, and then just play the sound and record it on the thingy.

Wow, personally I see no reason for this. I remember one time I was playing Halo 2 and a guy just kept playing Spice Girls "Spice Up Your Life" the whole time! Actually now it sounds pretty funny. At the time it wasn't.

Read the second review on the page...

I LOVE THIS THING I MEAN THE PEOPLE GET SO MAD BECAUSE I TRASH TALK THEM....BUT ITS SO FUNNY

I have it....its amusing.....pretty easy to record sounds with the supplied line-in cable. DOn't expect any long files.....the recording is only for about 15 seconds MAX per sound bank.....

Funniest thing I did was use a bunch of Riley Martin samples....and smack talked some redneck guy....he was totally confused.

"Howard you NEED to get a life man! This is Riley Martin. Friend, I say FRIEND to the aliens......."

Awesome idea!:applause:

[quote name='goosedude']I have it....its amusing.....pretty easy to record sounds with the supplied line-in cable. DOn't expect any long files.....the recording is only for about 15 seconds MAX per sound bank.....

Funniest thing I did was use a bunch of Riley Martin samples....and smack talked some redneck guy....he was totally confused.[/quote]

[quote name='goosedude']I have it....its amusing.....pretty easy to record sounds with the supplied line-in cable. DOn't expect any long files.....the recording is only for about 15 seconds MAX per sound bank.....

Funniest thing I did was use a bunch of Riley Martin samples....and smack talked some redneck guy....he was totally confused.[/quote]

Ya i saw these at frys a while ago and instantly thought of putting in arnold soundboards. man that'd be great.

[quote name='falcinator']"Howard you NEED to get a life man! This is Riley Martin. Friend, I say FRIEND to the aliens......."

Awesome idea!:applause:[/QUOTE]

O-kwa tan zin wan my brothers.

Nice, I was actually going to get one of these at Gamestop.com for $19.99.

I'm not going to be annoying with mine, but I'm definitely going to put some funny shit on it. I was thinking some stuff like Mr T, cartoon charaters like Captain Caveman, maybe a burp/ fart, I have a mp3 of a lion's roar for my gamertag "bipolarlion", lol.

You know, that sounds like a silly idea, but at the same time I can see it being really quite cool. I can think of some sound clips that would be perfect for that thing...

[quote name='CheapyD']My friend Goosedude has this, and i must admit...for $10, it might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I may have to get this. I won't use it liberally, but it could be good for laughs when I'm playing with friends or whatever.

I bought one of these about a month ago and it's the best 3rd party accessory every created for a system. I loaded it up with a bunch of funny clips and use it all the time. The best is when I put Blue Iris clips on there and was talking dirty to other guys I was playing with. They really thought I was a dirty old grandma: "Ohhhh, is it veiny?"

A tip for anyone that gets this...make sure all your samples are *AT LEAST* 128k. Anything lower will sound like garbage and people won't be able to hear them well. Most of those audio clips that you'll find on online soundboards are at 32-64k, so you'll want to get something better. A lot of my clips I grabbed straight from my DVDs/CDs, so the quality is pretty good.

And also, TURN UP THE VOLUME ON YOUR COMPUTER ALL THE WAY WHEN RECORDING SAMPLES. If it's any lower than max volume, nobody will be able to hear your samples.

BTW, you get only 5 seconds for each bank (not 15 like someone previously said)

[quote name='diablofreak']this will get you avoided by every single player on XBL :D[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised. A lot of times after I play my clips, some people will realize they're pre-recorded and will ask you to keep playing them. Like "Who is your daddy and what does he do?" is a crowd favorite, as well as any other Arnold clip. They'll crack up and say "Again! Again!" like a little kid. :lol:

OOS online right now, but every store in my area had it for pickup.

Going to get mine today.

Also, guyver mentioned this above, but if anyone wants any Mortal Kombat voice sample clips let me know, I extracted a ton of them from the arcade ROM. Just please keep requests limited to MK 2 or 3, as MK1's samples are really screwy and difficult to put together.

Classic Arnold from the Predator:

"Kill me I'm here! Come on! Kill me! DO IT NOW!! KILL ME!"

Or the classic arnold scream they make fun of on Mad TV.

[quote name='KaneRobot']OOS online right now, but every store in my area had it for pickup.

Going to get mine today.

Also, guyver mentioned this above, but if anyone wants any Mortal Kombat voice sample clips let me know, I extracted a ton of them from the arcade ROM. Just please keep requests limited to MK 2 or 3, as MK1's samples are really screwy and difficult to put together.[/quote]

The only ones id really use are a few khan ones..

outstanding!
your weak pathetic fool!
you suck!
fatality!

and maybe his crazy laugh.. i think i have most of them.. dunno..

im also thnking of putting some ace ventura

If I had this, I would record samples from the old lady from "Any which way but loose" (the film with Clint Eastwood). She had a nasty mouth which is perfect for Xbox live.

lol it would be so funny like in lost planet or rainbow.. a game that allows alot of people..

if suddenly they hear:

allllllllll riiiiighty then!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, the default installed wavs on here are amazingly bad. I don't even want to erase them.

"Youuuuuuuu've just been SMACKED by Gaaaaaaaaaaame Doctor's Smacktalk!"

Also, button #3 has Barney Gumble's burp on it. Someone alert 20th Century Fox.

*Edit* - I put up a picture of the bulk it adds to the controller in the thread in the 360 forum. Some may be turned off by it, but me? I'm just fine with it, since it gives me so many ridiculous opportunities.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Oh man, the default installed wavs on here are amazingly bad. I don't even want to erase them.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can restore the default sounds by pressing that tiny button on the front. But like you said, they are all so incredibly bad, so I don't think I'll ever want them back on there again anyway.

Nice bonus to my story of picking it up earlier - they had no fucking idea what this thing was, so I actually bitched enough when I got there and they ponied up their 24 minute guarantee gift card.

Really though, I gave them more than enough time, I didn't even leave until a half hour after I placed the order.

*EDIT* -

[quote name='norkusa']I'm pretty sure you can restore the default sounds by pressing that tiny button on the front. But like you said, they are all so incredibly bad, so I don't think I'll ever want them back on there again anyway.[/QUOTE]

....er, nope. That just erases all of them.

So much for my "I'll never erase it" thing earlier.

I don't know about you guys, but this thing sounds like a lot of fun. I actually get a whole other level of entertainment from smack talking on XBL against someone who's being a jerk.

I can't wait to put "That's a SPICY meat ball!" on it. :lol:

Out of stock online

[quote name='Venkman']Classic Arnold from the Predator:

"Kill me I'm here! Come on! Kill me! DO IT NOW!! KILL ME!"

Or the classic arnold scream they make fun of on Mad TV.[/QUOTE]

don't forget, "One ugly motherfucker"................:applause:

I picked one up online after it came back in stock. Also found a cheap external HD enclosure for 10 bucks after rebate that pushed it up to the point of free shipping (been looking for one for a while now too).

Movie Quotes? nah, I want to have "The Price is Right" failure noise on here :D

bread's done
Back