Small, annoying computer problem...

coolbrys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Okay, this may sound stupid, but it's happened for too long and it annoys me a lot. Whenever I right click on my desktop to change the resolution or properties, etc (something that I end up doing a lot), there is at least a two second delay from the time I right click until the time the menu comes. I know this isn't normal because I work with a lot of different computers and even the crappiest of computers come up with the menu quickly.

I have tried defragging, tried going into the file that brings up the configuration directly and replacing it, etc, but I can't seem to fix this. Is there anyone who understands and might know of a way to bring up the menu instantaneously?

Thanks!

The fade effects in XP can cause that delay. Check in display propertys> appearance>effects and make sure that stuffs off. Other then that idk.

That actually helped me (now the actual windows like Firefox come up a lot faster) but it didn't help that one problem... thank you though, it did help me!

OP, I have the exact same problem and though I haven't gone through such an extensive mark up on my computer as you have, I have degragged it and it still does it. I will try to do the suggestion that was posted by that CAG and see what it does.

By the way, what are the Fade Effects in XP/what do they do?

From what I see, it affects what it looks like when you minimize and maximize a window, as well as how menus come up.

It didn't work for me, but I found out that it could be an added menu bar when you right click (IE ATI control center), and if you take it off it may help.

bread's done
Back