Smallville Season 2 - Best Buy

[quote name='cag1000']14.99 walmart B&M is the cheapest
plus no shipping[/QUOTE]

What is 14.99 at walmart? everything at mine was 19.96 as of Friday.

Because I pricematched Target's price, my price after 110% PM was $15.39, meaning I couldn't pricematch BB's lower price. If I knew BestBuy was lowering their price even lower, I could have saved even more! Oh well, the speculation market's a nasty one.

Very strange. The deal seems to be dead, since a lot of the dvds are now up to regular price, but if you click Grico's link a few posts up, it clearly says 15.99 box sets until the 19th of November.
Bah. I was about to order the first two seasons too.

[quote name='Ricochet']Very strange. The deal seems to be dead, since a lot of the dvds are now up to regular price, but if you click Grico's link a few posts up, it clearly says 15.99 box sets until the 19th of November.
Bah. I was about to order the first two seasons too.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Doesn't make any sense, since I was going to order WOT: S1 and S: S2. Now, they're coming up regular price. :whistle2:s

Methinks it might be time to call BB and get them to fix this issue.

I emailed them about the prices right after I posted about them here. I'll let you know what the reply is when I get it.

[quote name='ryanbph']any more info on this? Is it available at the B & M stores?[/QUOTE]

It should be available at the B&M, but both BBs in my area were sold out, which is why I opted to go online. Bah.

[quote name='ryanbph']any more info on this? Is it available at the B & M stores?[/QUOTE]

On the day this thread was posted I went in to B and M to buy Smallville Season 2. At the service desk they said they had never heard of the sale, but I told them it was on the website and the person said that they price match their own website now (apparently this is a relatively new policy). So, no this doesn't appear to be brick and morter without a price check, and since the website has bumped them all back to full price there is now nothing to price match against. I'm surprised the web page for the sale is still up, as best buy.com tends to take away stuff in a hurry if they don't want to offer it anymore. I can confirm that as of today there were no sale signs on the sets so it would appear this deal is dead now.

Thing is about this deal is that it clearly states that it goes on into mid November.

Anyhow, I got the standard customer service runaround when they replied to my email about the matter:

Best Buy strives to provide accurate information regarding our online
products and we work hard to correct any issues as quickly as possible.
We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department and, if
necessary the web site will update shortly to reflect the corrected
information concerning this product. We encourage you to check back
with us soon.

Meaning that they'll either put the price back down or take the sale banner down all together.

[quote name='Ricochet']Thing is about this deal is that it clearly states that it goes on into mid November.

Meaning that they'll either put the price back down or take the sale banner down all together.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed a printout of the whole listing of box sets, and saved it into a PDF file. Just in case they yank it in the next few days.

I would have attached it to my post, though it's too big to attach, so if someone needs it, PM me with an email address and I'll send it along via email.

I called earlier this morning and got some more runaround. BB's customer service is pretty bad - no offense, but I hate talking to Indian people who can barely speak English. Plus I got disconnected twice.

In any case, they told me, basically, that there was nothing they could do, and they would pass the information along to the right resources who would get back to me "in a few days." I'm guessing that they'll remove the webpage that Grico's link points to entirely. I started to babble about honoring their prices, but got the same "sorry we can only pass on your information." I would've stayed on longer and talked to a higher up, but I had school.

Now that I think about it, I should just call back.

All right, just called back again.

BB customer service told me that the item in question was already "dispatched," meaning that they forwarded it to a "research team" which would contact me via email in two to three days. They also said that a few other people have called in with the same problem - that they already have the URL and know the pricing mistake. They wouldn't, however, guarantee me that I'd recieve the boxsets for the sale price - I was told that the customer service people were pretty much kept in the dark, and that the research team may give some kind of voucher or coupon code or fix the page to display the correct price, or they wouldn't do anything at all. They told me that if they wouldn't honor the price, the research team would be the people to talk to, implying that I would know how to contact them via the email they're going to send.

We'll see in three days.

Well I was right - they weren't going to honor their prices. Here's the email I got:

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your order. I'm Lou- Ann with
Customer Care.

We apologize for any inconvenience but there was a pricing error
reflected on the website. At this time we cannot substitute your order
with another item as prices and availability of products and services
are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where
discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer
and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an
order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been
confirmed
and your credit card charged.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to
www.BestBuy.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional
questions or concerns.

Your avatar makes me wanna play junkyard musical instruments slathered in Jell-O pudding. It also reminds me of the guy on here who said Bill Cosby tapped him on the shoulder at Wal-Mart while he was playing a Mario game.

i just picked up my in - store pickup today without any problems at west covina, ca best buy. i was suprised considering i had terrible experiences with my last 3 in store pickups at the city of industry, ca best buy. if you don't have to don't do an instore pickup at that location. all three times i did the in store pickup, i would receive the email stating that my item was ready. but guess what? when i arrive at customer service the items weren't there. 2 x's they didn't even have the item in stock. the third time they went and got the item from the video game department.

[quote name='Socheata']Looks like the link is down as well (for the $15.99 box sets page).[/QUOTE]
Glad I printed out the page to PDF.

Don't think it'll matter, since they'll weasel their way out of it like they do everything else. :roll:

Better idea folks... just get it at Wallyworld for $19. Yeah its a few dollars more, but at least you don't have to fight with the incompetent lackeys at Worst Buy to get a good deal on the boxset.

I just picked up season 1 and 2 yesterday at walmart for 14.75 a piece. They had about 15 left of season 1 and only 2 of season 2

bread's done
Back