Smash Bros. release date question

Drnick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
ok, so the Smash Bros. Brawl release data is march 9th, which is a Sunday. Usually games come out on tuesdays and thursdays (like movies), at least so I thought.

Anyway, is the game actually in stores on sunday march 9th? or is that when it ships out?

thanks!

I'm pretty sure most stores will be getting the game this week and holding it until Sunday. Some EBstops are doing midnight releases which leads me to believe that there's no way a place like Wal-Mart or Target would be willing to wait until Tuesday-ish to sell the game. For what it's worth, there was a big sign at my local WM that advertised the game as being instore for sale on the 9th.

When I was getting lunch today, I passed EB Games and they had a sign up saying they will allow people to line up for the game starting 3/8 at 10pm.

[quote name='daminion']so the question is... which store will break the release date and accidentally start selling them early :)[/QUOTE]

Judging from past fiascos (Bioshock and Mass Effect spring to mind) Kmart and TRU are the usual suspects. I might swing by the nearby Kmart but my hopes aren't too high. Besides, my EBstop copy is already paid off.

[quote name='Duckbutt']When I was getting lunch today, I passed EB Games and they had a sign up saying they will allow people to line up for the game starting 3/8 at 10pm.[/quote]

Ill be inside my gs participating in the tourney i wonder if they will let us(the losers cause i suck at SSBB) leave the store with our preordered copies if we loose early or w/e:roll:

yeah, I have mine reserved at gamecrazy (you get a free rental at hollywood if you reserve there). but if I could get it early, I'd be pretty psyched.

I'll go by my local k-mart in a few days and see what I can find

bread's done
Back