Smash TV - play entire game from demo

Brian234

CAGiversary!
This is weird. I just downloaded the Smash TV demo on Xbox live, and played the entire game single player (all 3 full levels). I would have assumed the demo would restrict me to a few rooms or maybe 1 level, but no! I wonder if it was a glitch or something special I was doing.

Brian

Very many. At least one per room. I'll try again today and if it doesn't work I'll try to recreate the things I was doing at that time (such as downloading demos from other games).

I tried to reproduce it this morning. While I couldn't play the whole game free, I think I'm on to something. If you press the green X guide button right after you enter the final 'demo' room but before the trial message pops up, then dismiss the 'guide' menu, you can keep playing your game even though the trial message is on top of you. So, it seems the Xbox guide menus override the game ones.

It's possible the game I was downloading in the background completed right when I entered that final demo room thus displaying the 'completed downloading' message, which might override the trial timeout message. Maybe there's another way to force a similar message (like a friend logging onto Xbox live).

...or you can just pay 5 bucks. :p

Seriously, thanks for the tip. I might try it. (if you want Smash TV like action for cheap, get "I Made a game with Zombies". It's 80 points, and it's awesome!

It's more for the challenge than the money. Another possibility is that this trick (once figured out) might work with other games. (It'd be my own little mini WIN.)

I'll check out the Zombies game tonight! At $1, now we're talking (I always hoped the Indie games would be priced around there).

[quote name='Brian234']It's more for the challenge than the money. Another possibility is that this trick (once figured out) might work with other games. (It'd be my own little mini WIN.)

I'll check out the Zombies game tonight! At $1, now we're talking (I always hoped the Indie games would be priced around there).[/QUOTE]

It's worth 80 points just for the music in the game.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']It's worth 80 points just for the music in the game.[/QUOTE]

Your right.

I'd have paid the 80 points just for that Adam Sandleresque theme song.

You could do the same thing with the shadow complex demo, but they patched it. You could always delete the patch though...

This is a bit off-topic, but do you have to be online to play indie games?

Because when I'm not connected to xbox live but am using both the xbox I downloaded "I MAED A GAME" onto and the profile I bought it with it still asks me to sign into xbox live, and when I decline it boots me back to the main menu. I looked this up on google (not exstensively, but a search or two) and didn't see anything about needing to be connected to play indie games.

Is this some kind of glitch or is it a necessity to be connected for the full indie game to play?

[quote name='Eldredpe']This is a bit off-topic, but do you have to be online to play indie games?

Because when I'm not connected to xbox live but am using both the xbox I downloaded "I MAED A GAME" onto and the profile I bought it with it still asks me to sign into xbox live, and when I decline it boots me back to the main menu. I looked this up on google (not exstensively, but a search or two) and didn't see anything about needing to be connected to play indie games.

Is this some kind of glitch or is it a necessity to be connected for the full indie game to play?[/QUOTE]

It's a necessity, unfortunately. I think it has something to do with indie games not being rated or something to that effect.

bread's done
Back