SMG and MassEff Guides 13.59! @ Amazon

russellgreco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I apologize if this was already posted, seached for it and coulnd't find it.

Super Mario Galaxy guide, 13.59 (cheapest I've seen)

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Galaxy-Prima-Official/dp/0761556435/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196697677&sr=8-1

Collectors 19.79

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Galaxy-Collectors-Official/dp/076155713X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196697677&sr=8-2

Mass Effect Guide, 13.59

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Prima-Official-Guide/dp/0761554084/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196697765&sr=1-1

Plus, if you do some of your other holiday shopping and spend a bit more (or buy both guides) you qualify for super saver shipping.

How is this a deal exactly? Don't mean to shit on your thread but don't these normally cost like what 15 bucks. Not a lot of saving.

Amazon always sells guides at discounts unless its a limited quantity item like the Soul Nomad guide (which I don't believe was truly limited edition).

They need to drop the price back down to $16.xx on the Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness guide =\

The collector's edition SMG guide is nice, it's like the Zelda TP collector guide, hardcover with Silver pages (as opposed to the gold ones in the Zelda TP one).

There's also a collector's edition Zelda PH guide that matches the Zelda TP one but for some stupid reason Amazon jacked up the price to $42.99 so that when they take 34% off it's $28.37 (the MSRP is $29.99) which is BS, it should be $19.XX.

Seriously though I don't get the point of stategy guides, if you can't do it normaly, then don't do it at all. The expense of asking for help is outrageous in these circumstances and if you cannot do any different then you deserve to have your money taken from you.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']Seriously though I don't get the point of stategy guides, if you can't do it normaly, then don't do it at all. The expense of asking for help is outrageous in these circumstances and if you cannot do any different then you deserve to have your money taken from you.[/QUOTE]

While FAQs are more accurate and more importantly free, I just cannot stand their format. Everything is so clumped together and extremely monotonous, it makes it a pain to find a specific part you're looking for even with Ctrl+F. I wish they could do them with a few pictures or format the font. That's I prefer to have a physical guide- plus, they usually include some artwork too which is nice.

But these days, Brady and Prima guides are a joke. They almost always full of mistakes and missed information. The only good guides are those made by Nintendo, DoubleJump (though they're a bit too hardcore), or Versus.

I used to get guides for every RPG but now I only get one if they're from a good, reliable company.

[quote name='freshzen']Amazon always sells guides at discounts unless its a limited quantity item like the Soul Nomad guide (which I don't believe was truly limited edition).

They need to drop the price back down to $16.xx on the Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness guide =\[/QUOTE]

QFT. I feel like such an idiot for buying it for $25. Why does Amazon sell it for $25 anyway, retail is $20 according to Double Jump. Sorry for hijacking thread.

Usually I see them for 20 everywhere, msrp, store wise. So when I see them for 13 or so I at least give it a double take. Yeah I can agree that some of the guides are pretty shameless in terms of accuracy and I tend to only buy nintendo guides as of late.

Buy.com has the cheapest strategy guides I've seen on the net. Plus, you can sign up for google checkout and get $10.00 off plus FREE shipping on orders over $25.00. I've used the google checkout with about 10 different e-mail adresses and got $10.00 each time. Hey now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back