Smokers Unite

Pulsar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
OK, with yesmoke.ch gone, where is everyone getting cigarettes from? I've been looking for a while, but most places are WAY over $20.

Also, don't flame. You don't like smokers, and you don't smoke. Keep it to yourself. We don't care.

there is an indian reservation just down the road from my school, 20 bucks for a carton of newports. thats what i do. and have done for years. that sucks if that is the only way you can get smokes on the cheap.

Now, I'm not a smoker, and this is just a hunch, but I don't think that he lives anywhere near an indian reservation...considering there aren't many left. :)

TITLE 18 , PART I, CHAPTER 114
§ 2341. Definitions

As used in this chapter—
(1) the term “cigarette” means—
(A) any roll of tobacco wrapped in paper or in any substance not containing tobacco; and
(B) any roll of tobacco wrapped in any substance containing tobacco which, because of its appearance, the type of tobacco used in the filler, or its packaging and labeling, is likely to be offered to, or purchased by, consumers as a cigarette described in subparagraph (A);
(2) the term “contraband cigarettes” means a quantity in excess of 60,000 cigarettes, which bear no evidence of the payment of applicable State cigarette taxes in the State where such cigarettes are found, if such State requires a stamp, impression, or other indication to be placed on packages or other containers of cigarettes to evidence payment of cigarette taxes, and which are in the possession of any person other than—
(A) a person holding a permit issued pursuant to chapter 52 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as a manufacturer of tobacco products or as an export warehouse proprietor, or a person operating a customs bonded warehouse pursuant to section 311 or 555 of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1311 or 1555) or an agent of such person;
(B) a common or contract carrier transporting the cigarettes involved under a proper bill of lading or freight bill which states the quantity, source, and destination of such cigarettes;
(C) a person—
(i) who is licensed or otherwise authorized by the State where the cigarettes are found to account for and pay cigarette taxes imposed by such State; and
(ii) who has complied with the accounting and payment requirements relating to such license or authorization with respect to the cigarettes involved; or
(D) an officer, employee, or other agent of the United States or a State, or any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States or a State (including any political subdivision of a State) having possession of such cigarettes in connection with the performance of official duties;
(3) the term “common or contract carrier” means a carrier holding a certificate of convenience and necessity, a permit for contract carrier by motor vehicle, or other valid operating authority under subtitle IV of title 49, or under equivalent operating authority from a regulatory agency of the United States or of any State;
(4) the term “State” means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands; and
(5) the term “Attorney General” means the Attorney General of the United States [1]

TITLE 18, PART I , CHAPTER 114
§ 2342. Unlawful acts

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to ship, transport, receive, possess, sell, distribute, or purchase contraband cigarettes.
(b) It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to make any false statement or representation with respect to the information required by this chapter to be kept in the records of any person who ships, sells, or distributes any quantity of cigarettes in excess of 60,000 in a single transaction.

TITLE 18, PART I, CHAPTER 114

§ 2344. Penalties

(a) Whoever knowingly violates section 2342 (a) of this title shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
(b) Whoever knowingly violates any rule or regulation promulgated under section 2343 (a) or 2346 of this title or violates section 2342 (b) of this title shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(c) Any contraband cigarettes involved in any violation of the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to seizure and forfeiture, and all provisions of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 relating to the seizure, forfeiture, and disposition of firearms, as defined in section 5845(a) of such Code, shall, so far as applicable, extend to seizures and forfeitures under the provisions of this chapter.

There is a reason places like these don't last long.
Of course, I don't understand why people would deal with them on websites.... if they don't mind breaking the law to begin with, what's to say they won't mind conducting a little mail fraud or identity theft while they are at it.

i used yesmoke.ch for over 3 yrs now and have only had 5 cigs in the yr 2005 so far. i still have like 5 packs left from my last yesmoke shipment months ago. i think its time to cut down and quit. untill of course i'm at a club realllllyyy drunk soon and have one. but ive been pretty good

[quote name='Greetard']Now, I'm not a smoker, and this is just a hunch, but I don't think that he lives anywhere near an indian reservation...considering there aren't many left. :)[/quote]

? depends on the state, in Washington we have plenty of them, in fact there's one 30 minutes away from my house.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Greetard']Now, I'm not a smoker, and this is just a hunch, but I don't think that he lives anywhere near an indian reservation...considering there aren't many left. :)[/quote]

? depends on the state, in Washington we have plenty of them, in fact there's one 30 minutes away from my house.[/quote]

Yeah, I live around a half hour away from them too.

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Greetard']Now, I'm not a smoker, and this is just a hunch, but I don't think that he lives anywhere near an indian reservation...considering there aren't many left. :)[/quote]

? depends on the state, in Washington we have plenty of them, in fact there's one 30 minutes away from my house.[/quote]

Yeah, I live around a half hour away from them too.[/quote]

Yep without them my 4th of July would really suck.

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Greetard']Now, I'm not a smoker, and this is just a hunch, but I don't think that he lives anywhere near an indian reservation...considering there aren't many left. :)[/quote]

Yeah, I live around a half hour away from them too.[/quote]

Theres a bunch in Wisconsin too.

look at a map of indian reservations still left in the us. my boy has one and they are actually pretty sparce and small, though some, out west more so are bigger. there are about 5 in a 100 mile diameter from me, plus they tried to make some property in downtown BUffalo "indian land"

[quote name='Pulsar']OK, with yesmoke.ch gone, where is everyone getting cigarettes from? I've been looking for a while, but most places are WAY over $20.

Also, don't flame. You don't like smokers, and you don't smoke. Keep it to yourself. We don't care.[/quote]

You know what. Until its happening to you or a close relative you wont give a shit. Just wait one day you will wish your stubborn ass quit long ago.

When your hanging out with friends and family and two months later your so sick from stage 4 lung cancer (90+% are diagnosed in stage 4 the fatal stage) and the drugs they have you on you wish you were dead. And not to worry it will be just a week or two after that and you will be.

People bitch at you because they care.

I read a report that they are trying to charge people BACK TAXES for ordering cigarettes online (since they are avoiding state taxes when they do that) I think one lady owed like $20,000 or something...which is crazy.

I guess you are supposed to declare ALL your online purchases, but not many people do.

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='Pulsar']OK, with yesmoke.ch gone, where is everyone getting cigarettes from? I've been looking for a while, but most places are WAY over $20.

Also, don't flame. You don't like smokers, and you don't smoke. Keep it to yourself. We don't care.[/quote]

You know what. Until its happening to you or a close relative you wont give a shit. Just wait one day you will wish your stubborn ass quit long ago.

When your hanging out with friends and family and two months later your so sick from stage 4 lung cancer (90+% are diagnosed in stage 4 the fatal stage) and the drugs they have you on you wish you were dead. And not to worry it will be just a week or two after that and you will be.

People bitch at you because they care.[/quote]

No.. people bitch about it because they can't learn to keep their noses clean and out of other people's business. I smoke, and I'm proud of it. I'm just buying cartons locally waiting for yesmoke.ch to come back online (and its still expected to).

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='Pulsar']OK, with yesmoke.ch gone, where is everyone getting cigarettes from? I've been looking for a while, but most places are WAY over $20.

No.. people bitch about it because they can't learn to keep their noses clean and out of other people's business. I smoke, and I'm proud of it. I'm just buying cartons locally waiting for yesmoke.ch to come back online (and its still expected to).[/quote]

I didnt mean myself caring as I dont even know him.

and Cornfedwb its your life. Everyone in my family smokes with the exception of one aunt and myself. I was just to cheap to start, and didnt get into the whole smoke cigs to rebel deal.

My wife just recently quit only after seeing my perfectly healthy 61 year old Grandfather get diagnosed in late September (out of the blue) and Pass in November. I mean that changed her habit that quick. Its a terrible terrible thing. But like most these stories until you or a close one go through it you will take it for granted.
Shit my Grandfather even after he got sick said he always figured it would be the next guy not him.. Sorry to bitch its a sore spot for me right now. When I saw "Smokers unite" I was curious as to what this was about. If it had said find me cheap ass cigs I would never have entered the topic.

See, the thing is, we still don't care what you have to say. We smoke, we know it. There are warning labels on the packs, you hear about it in health class, there are commercials about it on TV. WE STILL DON'T CARE. I only put that so this thread DIDN'T turn into a flame war, over and over again, like every other times cigarettes are even mentioned on this site. I think it's funny that someone makes a drug reference, and noone even notices, as though it's perfectly acceptable, but GOD FORBID someone smokes.

[quote name='Pulsar']See, the thing is, we still don't care what you have to say. We smoke, we know it. There are warning labels on the packs, you hear about it in health class, there are commercials about it on TV. WE STILL DON'T CARE. I only put that so this thread DIDN'T turn into a flame war, over and over again, like every other times cigarettes are even mentioned on this site. I think it's funny that someone makes a drug reference, and noone even notices, as though it's perfectly acceptable, but GOD FORBID someone smokes.[/quote]

No its not a flame war. And your right. No one talks about drugs or alcohol. And honeslty I dont care who smokes. Its just not a good sight when/if it catches them thats all.

Heres a sight with no minimums I believe.
www.kilbucktradingpost.com

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='Pulsar']OK, with yesmoke.ch gone, where is everyone getting cigarettes from? I've been looking for a while, but most places are WAY over $20.

No.. people bitch about it because they can't learn to keep their noses clean and out of other people's business. I smoke, and I'm proud of it. I'm just buying cartons locally waiting for yesmoke.ch to come back online (and its still expected to).[/quote]

No, a lot of people bitch about it because some smokers don't care about people around them and blow smoke into other people's faces. I don't care if someon wants to smoke, but I have one friend who deos and is always blowing it in people's faces because he doesn't pay attention to where he blows the smoke. I don't know if you do that, but thats the one thing I can't stand about some smokers. Its fine if you want to smoke, but you should respect people who don't want to just like you want people to respect your right to smoke. This isn't directed at you cornfedwb, just something I wanted smokers to be more aware of.

bread's done
Back