Smokin Hot Best Buy Coupon (Up to 25% off)

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Taken from SD (F4E1)

10%, 15% and 25% off at Best Buy on "Toys"

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/pdf/2564_coupon.pdf

List of things that Best Buy considers Toys

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=toy&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq746f79%7E%7Encabcat0010000%23%238%23%2357&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

and

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=toy&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq746f79%7E%7Encabcat0700000%23%23e%23%231nm&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

No exclusions listed on the coupon. As always YMMV but its a legit coupon.

Here is a possible scenario:

PS3 80GB 499.99
+ Motorsports Authentics - 1:24-Scale Jeff Green Monte Carlo Die-cast Car 2.99
+ Motorsports Authentics - 1:24-Scale Jeff Green Monte Carlo Die-cast Car 2.99

Total: 505.97 - 25%(126.50) = 379.47

Does that means Video Games & System are included as Toy? I need a new PSP Slim System, Orange Box PS3 and Super Mario Galaxy with this 25% coupon!

Expect a manager to fight you on this when it comes to video games. They will say it's a web site glitch and have the right not to honor it :(

Oooooh friggin sweet! I don't have much money at the mo', but it looks like with my $45 in gift cards, $10 in RZ coupons and this coupon, I could pick up a 360 Arcade version for about $165 after tax. (I'm working this out as I type it up...) So I've got another $21 in GamingLagoon and $20 in PrizeRebel monies, 1350 points on Goozex for games. Yeah I definitely might have to jump on that!

Quick, someone try to use this coupon on a 360 and let me know if it works! Potential serious props to you, OP!

Wow, I can't imagine they would honor this on video game systems, or even games... Good luck to anyone that tries it, though :)

i need an Orange Box (360)+ cod4, suppose i could try to pick up addition items.

btw, bestbuy selling toys? do they even have a toy section?

[quote name='royalbliss1']tagged I think I am going to try this tomorrow on an elite 360 and a couple of games[/quote]

Let us all know if it works..

Xfactor4

I'll do it tomorrow morning and I'll let you know if it work but I'm trying out for games not system. So far, I'm picking out The Orange Box+RockBand+Super Mario Galaxy with 25% RZ coupon!

If you goto the BB page that the OP posted and then click on the word "Toys" under "Shop by Category" you lose all of the videogame stuff.

But if you can get a store to honor the coupon, then do it.

I can see this being one of those deals that works only for one day...but it'll work, so word to the wise
get movin!

[quote name='Tirade']

List of things that Best Buy considers Toys

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=toy&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq746f79%7E%7Encabcat0010000%23%238%23%2357&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

and

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=toy&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq746f79%7E%7Encabcat0700000%23%23e%23%231nm&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

[/quote]

I don't know how you possibly came up with those search results as "toys." Just go to the front page and click the "Toys and Kids Electronics." Those are "toys." No video games/systems in sight.

I work for Best Buy and I would never honor that on any system or game. It's a cut and dry case of people reaching for a deal.

[quote name='Curly21029']I don't know how you possibly came up with those search results as "toys." Just go to the front page and click the "Toys and Kids Electronics." Those are "toys." No video games/systems in sight.

I work for Best Buy and I would never honor that on any system or game. It's a cut and dry case of people reaching for a deal.[/quote]

LOL... So says the Best Buy employee !!

Xfactor4

hmm...I wish the op posted the forum from sd (instead of having to wait til morning to actually see results on cag)

I looked for it myself, but to no avail...

[quote name='Xfactor4']LOL... So says the Best Buy employee !!

Xfactor4[/QUOTE]

no he has a point

if a 50% off BB coupon were to come out that excluded "toys" every CAGer would shift sides and agree unanimously toys do not include things like video games.

[quote name='Xfactor4']LOL... So says the Best Buy employee !!

Xfactor4[/quote]
No. So says the person with common sense.

I could have easily left out the fact that I'm an employee. I didn't. The truth is I'm bored with a case of slight insomnia and killing time. I happened to see this thread here and I figured I'd warn all you nice folks before you waste your time standing in a long line of last minute shoppers tomorrow.

Another secret for you: the company has watchdogs. I'm not one, but whenever there are people trying to screw with the system or play an angle a company wide email is sent out promptly. Hell, I'm fully expecting to see this detailed when I go into work tomorrow after seeing this thread.

Trust me on this one, there's going to be a whole lot of disappointed posts tomorrow if anyone decides to go forward with this attempt.

If you don't want to believe me then fine. I'm posting for your benefit. Just do me a favor. Go on bestbuy.com, roll over the drop down menu for "Toys and Games" and click the link for "Toys and Kids Games." That's the stuff that this coupon applies to.

[quote name='Curly21029']No. So says the person with common sense.

I could have easily left out the fact that I'm an employee. I didn't. The truth is I'm bored with a case of slight insomnia and killing time. I happened to see this thread here and I figured I'd warn all you nice folks before you waste your time standing in a long line of last minute shoppers tomorrow.

Another secret for you: the company has watchdogs. I'm not one, but whenever there are people trying to screw with the system or play an angle a company wide email is sent out promptly. Hell, I'm fully expecting to see this detailed when I go into work tomorrow after seeing this thread.

Trust me on this one, there's going to be a whole lot of disappointed posts tomorrow if anyone decides to go forward with this attempt.

If you don't want to believe me then fine. I'm posting for your benefit. Just do me a favor. Go on bestbuy.com, roll over the drop down menu for "Toys and Games" and click the link for "Toys and Kids Games." That's the stuff that this coupon applies to.[/quote]
Hey guy,

I wasn't making fun with that post ! I meant SO SAYS an AUTHORITY like as in Someone who actually works there ! :lol:

Xfactor4

P.S. Watchdogs and company wide e-mails !?!?! WTF ?!!? Damn, thats scary crap dude and bad news for all us CAG's and lovers of GREAT DEALS! Now since you are registered here as a CHEAP ASS GAMER, please don't go spoiling or ruining all our CHEAP ASS GAMER DEALS and coupons !?!?! Please ?? :) We don't need anyone NARCING us out or turning us in !

[quote name='Curly21029']No. So says the person with common sense.

If you don't want to believe me then fine. I'm posting for your benefit. Just do me a favor. Go on bestbuy.com, roll over the drop down menu for "Toys and Games" and click the link for "Toys and Kids Games." That's the stuff that this coupon applies to.[/QUOTE]

you act as if bestbuy employees are incapable of errors and that this deal is "impossible" because every employee will see right through it and deny it.

however youre wrong and bestbuy employees do make errors and i see this as something that could easily slip through the cracks of a retail giant like bestbuy.

its cool to post things like "im warning you guys that this has a slim chance of working and dont be disappointed if you go in tomorrow and arent successful" but to act as if its impossible is dumb.

i mean shit, did you know that bestbuy employees have lost tens of thousands of dollars on TV sales because you guys allowed returns on that $600 HDTV deal/didnt verify direct TV signup?

edit: scratch that maybe its past one hundred thousand, the SD and FW threads combined are tens of thousand, let alone the other deal sites+people who dont post

[quote name='Xfactor4']
Now since you are registered here as a CHEAP ASS GAMER, please don't go spoiling or ruining all our CHEAP ASS GAMER DEALS and coupons !?!?! Please ?? :) We don't need anyone NARCING us out or turning us in ![/quote]
But we aren't doing anything wrong. For the most part... :)

[quote name='Foo228']hmm...I wish the op posted the forum from sd (instead of having to wait til morning to actually see results on cag)

I looked for it myself, but to no avail...[/quote]

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=697671

Here you go.

I'll probably order a couple things online and try to use the coupon tomorrow...like they're saying over on SD, it'd be easier to do that since you can say if you searched "toy", those video games came up.

People trying to justify console video games as toys are really stretching it....even for this site. I would say there's no way this will fly at Best Buy, but you might strike gold with an ignorant cashier. I would imagine their computer system will put the whammy on this flight before it leaves the ground, but I guess it's worth a shot in the dark.

[quote name='doodofdoods']What do you do with toys? you play with them. What do you do with video games? you play with them. I rest my case.[/QUOTE]

My penis is a toy? :cry:

As stated before, do what you want. I'm just giving you a perspective from the inside. And hey, if you want to come at me with any kind of hostility, get fucked, will ya'?

Since our local BB closed at 11 pm my g/f and I ran out there as soon as we saw this thread to try the coupon out. We picked up a PSP Battlefront bundle, Wii Play, and COD4 for 25% off! A word of warning though, the coupon didin't scan and had to be overridden by a manager so YMMV.

Good luck CAGers and have an awesome holiday! =)

[EDIT: See confirmation post above from Randomthts] -- More than likely, when the games and coupon are scanned in, the coupon will come up as "Valued Customer $0.00". So the cashier will have to override it to get the coupon to work.

With the extreme volume of people shopping tomorrow there is a strong likelihood of getting it to go through just to keep the lines moving. I wish everybody luck with their endeavors but have a feeling this will be a big YMMV situation.

Thanks OP for the chance but I've already finished all of my Christmas shopping, good luck to the rest and let us know how it goes!

Gratefully yours,

Alex

Wish I had a printer in my new place. I can get a copy from someone but by the time I get there on Wednesday, I'm sure Best Buy will hae cracked down on this deal. Good luck to everyone trying this tommorow.

[quote name='btw1217']My penis is a toy? :cry:[/quote]

No, but if Best Buy sold dildos it would be hard for the store to not honor the coupon.

With the extreme volume of people shopping tomorrow there is a strong likelihood of getting it to go through just to keep the lines moving. I wish everybody luck with their endeavors but have a feeling this will be a big YMMV situation.

Exactly how I feel.

[quote name='Curly21029']Well aware. Again, another company email. It actually made me laugh when I heard that stores fell for it. It was a failure of standard procedure really, and scammers have had countless other chances prior to and since this incident to abuse the system in the very same way. It just so happen that one person got through on one particular sale and then spread the word.

Still, you're correct. There are some pretty shitty employees out there, especially with all the recent hires due to the holiday rush. So hey, go ahead and try it if you must. All I can tell you for certain is that the coupon will not activate automatically on video games since they are not part of the promotion. (all coupon-based or promotion-based sales are activated automatically by the POS) When it doesn't package out, someone of Management or Senior or higher status of the Operations department will be tapped to look into it further and make a decision. I can only speak for the employees at my store, but this would be a cut and dry scenario. The answer would clearly be "no." The HDTV deal did not require an override of any kind since it was return-based and anyone of Representitive 2 status or higher can complete a return transaction regardless of the original transaction stipulations.

As stated before, do what you want. I'm just giving you a perspective from the inside. And hey, if you want to come at me with any kind of hostility, get fucked, will ya'?[/QUOTE]

Just making sure you realize that you have some extremely rose (or blue and yellow) tinted glasses on.

(as Randomthts has proven)

[quote name='alexandertyler'][EDIT: See confirmation post above from Randomthts] -- More than likely, when the games and coupon are scanned in, the coupon will come up as "Valued Customer $0.00". So the cashier will have to override it to get the coupon to work.

Thanks OP for the chance but I've already finished all of my Christmas shopping, good luck to the rest and let us know how it goes!

Gratefully yours,

Alex[/quote]

That's exactly how the coupon showed; a couple things to consider is the manager never saw the coupon before and it was five minutes till closing so we didn't have much trouble. I suspect come tomorrow there will be info regarding the coupon available to the employees.

[quote name='Randomthts']Since our local BB closed at 11 pm my g/f and I ran out there as soon as we saw this thread to try the coupon out. We picked up a PSP Battlefront bundle, Wii Play, and COD4 for 25% off! A word of warning though, the coupon didin't scan and had to be overridden by a manager so YMMV.

Good luck CAGers and have an awesome holiday! =)[/quote]

That was on a $200.00 item, wait until someone tries on a $500.00 item...

If you were able to get on this deal, can you make a scan of the receipt? I plan on going in tomorrow during the rush to buy myself a 360 elite.

Yeah this is stretching it, but it could work tomorrow considering how crowded it'll be.

And btw, searching "toy" online, does not mean it's a toy. There's a whole category for toys. Idk what makes you guys think it's so.

Nothing is worth going out and wading through the crowds of people today. I was Target at 10PM last night and it was as chaotic as if it were 12 noon.

I think I may go out and try it.

I just got to any cashier right? Never did this whole coupon/price match thing.

I can't pick up a 360? Why?

[quote name='Xfactor4']

P.S. Watchdogs and company wide e-mails !?!?! WTF ?!!? Damn, thats scary crap dude and bad news for all us CAG's and lovers of GREAT DEALS! Now since you are registered here as a CHEAP ASS GAMER, please don't go spoiling or ruining all our CHEAP ASS GAMER DEALS and coupons !?!?! Please ?? :) We don't need anyone NARCING us out or turning us in ![/QUOTE]

You should settle down. There's a reason why Best Buy considers people who use websites like this 'devil customers.'

BB and CC have people that they pay to troll forums like these to see what deals are being exploited, and when they are, they get pulled. It's actually rather smart on the fiscal business side, but not that smart on the CS side.

I don't understand why people are getting upset at the BB employee, he speaks the truth. I'm sure there will be at least ten people here that get pissed off that the deal didn't work for them and swear never to shop there again - he's just warning you of the obvious.

If it works for you, awesome. Might try to pick up a PS3. But I'm expecting it not to by and large.

this deal is going to by extremely ymmv. having worked at best buy for awhile it really is up to the cashier and whether or not they want to honor it. if they like their job they wont. if they dont then they dont give a sh.it and will let it slide. then there are the employees that like seeing the deals broken and how long they last and exactly what you can get away with.

[quote name='doodofdoods']What do you do with toys? you play with them. What do you do with video games? you play with them. I rest my case.[/quote]

I know this was on the first page and I'm a little behind, but wouldn't this lead young men to believe that their penis was in fact a toy via associative reasoning?

From Dictionary.com:
toy [toi] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
–noun
1. an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.
2. a thing or matter of little or no value or importance; a trifle.
3. something that serves for or as if for diversion, rather than for serious pratical use.
4. a small article of little value but prized as a souvenir or for some other special reason; trinket; knickknack; bauble.
5. something diminutive, esp. in comparison with like objects.
6. an animal of a breed or variety noted for smallness of size: The winning terrier at the dog show was a toy.
7. a close-fitting cap of linen or wool, with flaps coming down to the shoulders, formerly worn by women in Scotland.
8. a simple, light piece of music, esp. of 16th or 17th century England, written for the virginal.
9. Obsolete.
a. amorous dallying.
b. a playful or amusing act; diversion; pastime.

I would say #3 would certainly qualify video games as toys.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/toy

bread's done
Back