SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/plush $20 new at Gamestop

kidray666

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Not sure when this dropped, but just noticed it. Not available online, but at 3 stores within 20 minutes of me, or so it says. I could pick one up for someone if rewarded for my extra effort ;)

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']This has been on sale for $20 for many months now. I didnt think any gamestops would still have these in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been that way since late last year. I remember trying to get one but they were all gutted and in shitty condition.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, it's been that way since late last year. I remember trying to get one but they were all gutted and in shitty condition.[/QUOTE]

It's not really bad that they're gutted. There was a problem with these where a lot of people got the disks broken, which you can't tell unless you opened up.

People are having trouble finding these now? The 3 Gamestops near me all have at least 2 of these left. I expected them to sell with the price drop way back when and it seems like they somehow got MORE of them instead...

At the price I might pick it up. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: and several local stores have it, so it doesn't look too hard to find.

[quote name='mis0']How many of these LE boxsets were made anyway? I know that they are numbered, but up to what!?[/QUOTE]

I went to ebay hoping to compare numbers from pics but couldn't tell. From what I've seen in person I think it's in the ballpark of 50k, but I could be wrong.

Where I am, at least, I haven't seen any Devil Summoner 2s on shelves at any Gamestops since February, so it might be worth picking up as insurance against resorting to ebay highwaymen in the future.

[quote name='mis0']How many of these LE boxsets were made anyway? I know that they are numbered, but up to what!?[/QUOTE]

I *think* this was discussed in the last thread about this price drop. I don't remember any specific numbers though. I'd also be curious to know this.

theyre hard to find, but not really valuable or in demand. seems they made limited amounts, but just over the actual market for this niche game.

[quote name='postulio']theyre hard to find, but not really valuable or in demand. seems they made limited amounts, but just over the actual market for this niche game.[/QUOTE]

This. From what I've seen it seems like they made somewhere between 50k - 60k of these and never actually printed another "non-limited" run because the market wasn't that big.

Saw two of these last week at my local GS. Might go back and pick one up but I really don't need any more LE crap taking up space in my house. Just got Agarest War today and told myself that was the last one.

[quote name='sabanoo']This. From what I've seen it seems like they made somewhere between 50k - 60k of these and never actually printed another "non-limited" run because the market wasn't that big.[/QUOTE]

And I'd imagine that the only reason they printed that many copies in the first place was because of the extra anticipated sales from how much they were hyping the fact that Devil Summoner 2 was going to be "limited" before release. Figured they'd nab a few speculators on top of the people who were genuinely interested in the game. They did the same thing with Steal Princess, and that went to the bargain bin :roll:

I suppose the rule of thumb now is to not believe Atlus when they talk about the potential future rarity of their own games. It's always the ones that you never expect that disappear from shelves, like My World My Way. Who honestly expected that?

Any of those aforementioned GS coupons work in-store? Forgive my laziness in not actually reading that GS coupon thread. =P I think I'll do that now.

*edit*
NVM.

online only and not available online.

Some gamestops actually got restocked with these not too long ago. Kind of sucks since the one I got was gotted with a junkie box, but it was the last one any local store had so I took the plunge.

[quote name='mitnosi']2 stores in my area still have them, is the game good?[/QUOTE]

It is if you like weird JRPGs and can deal with lots of random battles. Its different to say the least, but not quite as good as the Persona games though. If you don't like it, you will always have the plushie!!!

They went up to 60k

[quote name='mitnosi']2 stores in my area still have them, is the game good?[/QUOTE]

Very good game, if you haven't yet tried out the Shin Megami Series of games you should; they are a blast. Start w/ Nocturne and go from there. That one will suck your life away! :lol:

I got one a few months ago for $20. The box looks like the employees stomped on it and then body slammed it off the roof of the store, and the game's case looked like a pre-schooler went sticker crazy on it. Was the only copy available within 25 miles of me, so I had to settle for what I could get. GS never fails me in the "It's new, we just opened it." (and continued to rape it) department.

[quote name='destro4eva']Very good game, if you haven't yet tried out the Shin Megami Series of games you should; they are a blast. Start w/ Nocturne and go from there. That one will suck your life away! :lol:[/QUOTE]
"Is the game good" is the most stupid question a gamer can ask. It doesn't matter how good a game is, if you don't like a specific genre, you will not get any sort of satisfaction or value if you play it.

Thanks for the heads up. Imma pick up a copy of the game. My area seems to have a couple of stores with the game in stock.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I got one a few months ago for $20. The box looks like the employees stomped on it and then body slammed it off the roof of the store, and the game's case looked like a pre-schooler went sticker crazy on it. Was the only copy available within 25 miles of me, so I had to settle for what I could get. GS never fails me in the "It's new, we just opened it." (and continued to rape it) department.[/QUOTE]

Its new (even though every employee in our store played it and took it home) must mean it hasnt been officialy sold one time.

bread's done
Back