SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ Plush for $35 @ GameStop

Sentinel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this in an email from Atlus, not sure if it is a big deal (they think it is), but just in case:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73846

... $5 off the original price, and with the Raiho plush. This is in-store only, and you can search on the web site for local stores that have it in stock. I suspect that GameStop ordered too many of these and are now trying to (gradually) clear them out to make room.

Oh man, it's in stock from most of my local GSs... Eh, it's still $35 + tax for something i won't open/play, pass... but thanks for the info.

One benefit is that since its in the pre-order package, its probably actually sealed. Although on second thought, I wouldn't put it past some GS employees to crack it open.

[quote name='ninja dog']Another "super limited OMG its gonna be rare" game by Atlus.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I think the online retailers are basically sold out (including GameStop online) and are on the second run (without the plush). GameStop stores seems to have gotten too many of them, which is not surprising given that niche items like this aren't what the stores are geared for.

[quote name='ninja dog']Another "super limited OMG its gonna be rare" game by Atlus.[/QUOTE]

Don't think anyone ever said DS2 was going to be rare. You could still get the first one really cheap when the second came out.

It is frustrating seeing pre-order bonuses on store shelves. I'll give Atlas a pass because they didn't charge me extra for the bonus and also the game was on sale before it came out. Still a little annoyed by the Gears of War 2 flashback map pack being just a $5 add on. I could have waited a week and got the game $10-$20 under retail.

I got it a few weeks ago (new, with the plush) at FYE in the buy-one-get-one-free PS2 game sale (got Rogue Galaxy with it). It had been sitting on the shelf there for some time, and I was surprised that no one had grabbed it (it was even several weeks into the sale at that point). Based on that, though, it doesn't seem like this one was as rare/sought after as some of the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paddlefoot']Don't think anyone ever said DS2 was going to be rare. You could still get the first one really cheap when the second came out.
[/QUOTE]

yes, they did and no, you couldn't. Atlus, as they do with all their games, emphasized how limited the plush bundle would be and the price for DS1 spiked a few weeks before DS2 came out.

[quote name='ninja dog']yes, they did and no, you couldn't. Atlus, as they do with all their games, emphasized how limited the plush bundle would be and the price for DS1 spiked a few weeks before DS2 came out.[/QUOTE]

The plush bundle is going to be rare, yes. The game itself won't, because if there's demand they'll do another pressing, like they're doing for Digital Devil Saga 2 -- but those won't come with the plush. So how "rare" you consider it to be all depends on how worried you are about the plush, really.

[quote name='paddlefoot'] It is frustrating seeing pre-order bonuses on store shelves. I'll give Atlas a pass because they didn't charge me extra for the bonus and also the game was on sale before it came out.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Atlus ever called the plush a "pre-order bonus," they said it would be with "every launch copy" -- which it was. If the launch copies didn't sell out in pre-order, of course they'd be on the store shelves. Maybe Gamestop and/or some other retailers called it a pre-order bonus, but they were wrong.

[quote name='ninja dog']yes, they did and no, you couldn't. Atlus, as they do with all their games, emphasized how limited the plush bundle would be and the price for DS1 spiked a few weeks before DS2 came out.[/QUOTE]

Bull, unless you consider Atlus stating "Every single launch copy will include a Raiho plushy" to be an emphasis on very limited availability.

I'm debating whether or not I should purchase this, even though it's probably a game I won't get around to playing in awhile. $35 doesn't seem too bad, I wonder if there's going to be a better deal or I should just pay up.

[quote name='bvharris']One benefit is that since its in the pre-order package, its probably actually sealed. Although on second thought, I wouldn't put it past some GS employees to crack it open.[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop at a local mall by my place, ripped open one of their copies good =\

[quote name='aerozero']The Gamestop at a local mall by my place, ripped open one of their copies good =\[/QUOTE]

Really? Does it still come with the Raiho plushie? I believe the store by me has a sealed copy.

Got mine. The case was out on the shelf, but it had a little sticker saying plushie on it. I took it up to the counter and they grabbed the box with the plushie in it and brought it out. I don't care much about opening the shrinkwrap on a game, so I didn't really care that the disk had been removed. The guy sealed the case with a sticker and the box in case I wanted to return it or something. :lol: If I return the game, it isn't going to be with the plushie.

Got it yesterday. The Gamestop I went to still had a couple left I believe. I'm probably not going to get around to playing the game in awhile though.

bread's done
Back