SMT: Nocturne not playing on 60GB

SkaGoblin

CAGiversary!
Hey all, I recently picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne when it was the DoD on Amazon a while back, and I'm having an issue. When I try to play it, it plays the Playstation 2 screen, then just hangs. I think I've gotten it to actually load maybe twice in two weeks.

I have a 60 GB system, which should mean I can play this with no problems, but I was wondering if anyone is having issues with this game or any other PS2 game on 60GB systems?

Thanks all.

Some of the game pressings from the reprint came up screwy. People have reported slowdown, long loading times, and in some cases the game not loading at all.

My copy ran fine on my 60gb, so it sounds like you've got an issue with the disc. Just contact Amazon and they'll replace it for you.

[quote name='SkaGoblin']Hey all, I recently picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne when it was the DoD on Amazon a while back, and I'm having an issue. When I try to play it, it plays the Playstation 2 screen, then just hangs. I think I've gotten it to actually load maybe twice in two weeks.

I have a 60 GB system, which should mean I can play this with no problems, but I was wondering if anyone is having issues with this game or any other PS2 game on 60GB systems?

Thanks all.[/QUOTE]I'll check it out later. Sometimes when there's an update, it screws with games (like I remember with one update, Wild Arms 4 didn't work with my 20GB).

EDIT: Tested mine and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the same problem 3 months ago..on a whim today i decided to try it one last time before calling atlus and seeing if i could get a replacement. lo and behold it worked first try! weird huh.

bread's done
Back