Snake Eater question- WHERE THE HELL IS...

use the map the red spots where hhe is use. use the thermal and shotgun up close . when you hit him with the shot gun hell run away. but if you have the thremal you'll see his foot prints and just follow them. he'll use a stun greande when you get close so you'll have to get a good shot in. also shooting him while your chasing him with shotgun works

[quote name='moe11888']I've read about this in one of my magainzes. It sounds like an interesting boss.[/quote]

He's probably the best one so far but it is kind of a pain in the ass after a while.

can anyone tell me why my screen is getting drastically smaller by the second, its about 5 inches wide and 5 inches tall and its a circle

[quote name='Slipknot9762']can anyone tell me why my screen is getting drastically smaller by the second, its about 5 inches wide and 5 inches tall and its a circle[/quote]

Is this after the torture scene? If so, did you pay attention to what happened in the scene?

[quote name='Slipknot9762']can anyone tell me why my screen is getting drastically smaller by the second, its about 5 inches wide and 5 inches tall and its a circle[/quote]

because his tranq. darts shrink your field of vision.

heal yourself

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Slipknot9762']can anyone tell me why my screen is getting drastically smaller by the second, its about 5 inches wide and 5 inches tall and its a circle[/quote]

because his tranq. darts shrink your field of vision.

heal yourself[/quote]

ahhh i feel a dumbass thanks

[quote name='Slipknot9762'][quote name='moe11888']I've read about this in one of my magainzes. It sounds like an interesting boss.[/quote]

He's probably the best one so far but it is kind of a pain in the ass after a while.[/quote]

I agree, he is a pain in the ass, but when you finally beat him, it feels great.

Like people were posting earlier, I just followed the points on the map and went to all the locations he might be, by tring to sneek up on him by his sides or back. I think I even used the Directional Mic a couple times to pick up his parrot sqwaking. And then with the thermal googles I tried looking for him.

Wow, you can use the directional mic too? This was easily one of my favorite boss battles of any of the MGS games. The way you could use just about any equipment you have to beat him just makes it all that more fun.

That is one amazing boss battle sequence. I beat him by first running around to get him to show himself (if possible, chase him down with the shotgun). Then getting an idea of his hiding spots, cycling through them myself and using my gadgets to try to pinpoint him. It's risky cause he can spot you and pick you off. But, there is no rush like finding him and he doesn't know you have a sight right on his thick old-guy spotted cranium. That was one of the best gaming rushes I've had in a while.

I used the thermal goggles a little, but more than anything, I watched for the shimmer off of his gun. That was more useful than the mic or any of the scanning equipment.

Also, if he started talking, get up and MOVE! One time he walked up to me and capped me from behind. Overall, it took me about 45 minute to an hour to complete the sequence.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, you can use the directional mic too? This was easily one of my favorite boss battles of any of the MGS games. The way you could use just about any equipment you have to beat him just makes it all that more fun.[/quote]

Yeah, I just thouht maybe it would work if I could hear him breathing. But instead I heard some squaking from his parrot. I equiped my Thermal Googles and sure enought he was there. Then POW, a well placed bullet in the head.

I also liked the fight against the Shagohod. He just kept coming.

next time you play the game get the sniper rifle and shoot him in the head on the dock when you first see him

when you do, make sure to duck :wink:

and shooting the parrot pisses him off a lot (which is great)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']next time you play the game get the sniper rifle and shoot him in the head on the dock when you first see him

and shooting the parrot pisses him off a lot (which is great)[/quote]

haha i killed his parrot, hes like "NOOOOOO you killed my parrot", it was pretty funny

you know whats funny either i suck at looking or this dude on average takes about 45 minutes to find, he came up behind me and killed me once but other than that i never seen him again

[quote name='CaseyRyback']next time you play the game get the sniper rifle and shoot him in the head on the dock when you first see him

Damn, now I want to try this stuff. I really regret trading this is now.

ok I've done everything and now im starting to get very pissed off...I cannot find this old dueche and its really wanting to make me throw my ps2 out the window...who lives in or near chicago who can come to my house and help me? :lol:

[quote name='Slipknot9762']I cannot find this old dueche and its really wanting to make me throw my ps2 out the window...[/quote]

Lead with the controller. Oh and throw the XBox first, that's sure to break any window.

[quote name='Slipknot9762']ok I've done everything and now im starting to get very pissed off...I cannot find this old dueche and its really wanting to make me throw my ps2 out the window...who lives in or near chicago who can come to my house and help me? :lol:[/quote]

You just have to get lucky and guess where he might be. Remember to use the Thermal Goggles. Even if he shoots you and runs you can still see his footprints with the goggles. The fight took me about 30 - 45 minutes. You'll feel good once you beat him.

save your game, and change the internal clock on your ps2 forward to a week later. When you resume, the End will be dead of old age.

Took me an hour or two to beat him the first time - but I did it with the tranq gun (just like all the other boss battles). It was one of the best boss battles I have ever played, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']save your game, and change the internal clock on your ps2 forward to a week later. When you resume, the End will be dead of old age.[/quote]

Come on, are you serious or are you just fucking with us?

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']save your game, and change the internal clock on your ps2 forward to a week later. When you resume, the End will be dead of old age.[/quote]

Come on, are you serious or are you just shaq-fuing with us?[/quote]

It's true, but that's only a last resort. Come on people! It's not that hard of a boss battle!

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']save your game, and change the internal clock on your ps2 forward to a week later. When you resume, the End will be dead of old age.[/quote]

It's true, but that's only a last resort. Come on people! It's not that hard of a boss battle![/quote]

Ok I know I'm reaching my limit of posting on this thread before I start annoying people but that is cool. There's too many cool hidden things you can do in MGS (all of them).

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']save your game, and change the internal clock on your ps2 forward to a week later. When you resume, the End will be dead of old age.[/quote]

It's true, but that's only a last resort. Come on people! It's not that hard of a boss battle![/quote]

LMAO

there are so many ways to beat this guy it is unreal

All I did was camp near that waterfall and use my sniper rifle, goggles, and thermal. Took me less than 15 minutes because he kept going to the same place.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']save your game, and change the internal clock on your ps2 forward to a week later. When you resume, the End will be dead of old age.[/quote]

Haha and do that and you get the whole support team to make fun of you...Kojima is just a man of mystery :lol:

Find the Dragonov sniper rifle in that shack before you enter the woods. When the sun comes out, find a place to camp and look for the reflection of his scope. when it starts to rain use the thermal googles to track his foot prints and directional microphone and listen for his snooring.

What I did, using a tranq gun because I wanted the tranq rifle reward, was simply go through the three areas and run around until he took a shot at me. Once he shoots his location is shown on the map. Simply stalk up to him (D-Pad is a life saver) and pop him with a dart. You may get more than one shot off on him if he doesn't use as stun grenade and simply takes off running.

That is not true, just in case anybody was wondering. He's already old as hell and he's waiting around for a true battle. So, either you cap him in the head early on or you hunt for the old SOB.

But, be careful just camping in one spot for too long. He'll more than likely find you and pick you off. Remember.....look for the shimmer of sunlight off his gun. That works like a charm.

It is when I'll be as old as him for not finding him

Anyone tried this guy on extreme mode yet? I'm going to try it and was just wondering how hard he was. To tell the truth though, I think a lot of bosses are really easy on extreme mode if you know where to hide and stuff in MGS series. Like I remember beating Vamp and the Harrier in MGS 2 without getting hit once on extreme mode...

what happens when you shoot him on the dock?

[quote name='jughead'][quote name='CaseyRyback']next time you play the game get the sniper rifle and shoot him in the head on the dock when you first see him

what happens when you shoot him on the dock?[/quote]

When you kill him in the dock, instead of facing him in his usual level, you get to fight Ocelots little gang.

[quote name='jughead'][quote name='CaseyRyback']next time you play the game get the sniper rifle and shoot him in the head on the dock when you first see him

what happens when you shoot him on the dock?[/quote]

You just don't fight him at all.

:rofl: I'm going to have to try this!

yea I dont see how this can be fun you walk around like 3 parts of the forest chasing him playing wild goose. It's just plain annoying. They could of atleast done one part of the map instead of three.

[quote name='Slipknot9762']anyone agree, since everyone else says its fun?[/quote]

I couldn't agree less. It was an amazing gaming experience that I hadn't experienced anything else before in a game. At first it was annoying and frusterating, but once I found a method, it was hella fun.

I don't see anybody seconding my "look for the shimmer" technique, but I'm telling ya, it works.

no no, in my end adventures i saw the shimmer twice. Did anyone look through the sniper rifle for him and he come up right behind you? He said "I haven't had a battle like this in years." while I was looking through the sniper rifle and then he took shot me in the face point blank with a tranq dart. After this I woke up in the Lab with the jail cells. I didn't go back though I jusr reset my ps2 so I wouldn't have to walk back.

[quote name='jughead']no no, in my end adventures i saw the shimmer twice. Did anyone look through the sniper rifle for him and he come up right behind you? He said "I haven't had a battle like this in years." while I was looking through the sniper rifle and then he took shot me in the face point blank with a tranq dart. After this I woke up in the Lab with the jail cells. I didn't go back though I jusr reset my ps2 so I wouldn't have to walk back.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me twice. That's why I discourage camping in one spot for too long. I just reset the game, too.

Look at your in-game map. See those red circles? That is where he will almost always be. Those are his sniping points. You CANNOT run up to those points and find him. You need to hide for a while, then sneak up to one of those points. If he's not at one, try the next closest one. Best done when it's raining, and you can use the rain camo.

I found him to be easiest in the area that has a creek running through it. The creek forms little waterfalls that you can climb up as well. Near this creek is a hollow log. I crawled inside the log, equipped proper camo, had thermal goggles and directional mic handy, and waited. About 10 steps north of this log is one of his sniping points. Since it's almost flush with one side of the area, he always faces west-southwest from this point. It was extremely easy to sneak up on him because I came out of the log almost behind him. Wait until you see him go by (or see footprints with thermal goggles), pop out, shoot, go back in log after he runs, wait a few minutes, repeat.

BTW you can hear him talking with the directional mic. He will say "This...is the end..." and you can also hear him breathing. I only found that useful for ruling out general areas, not for getting a specific drop on him. Example: If I pointed it north and heard him talking, I knew he was in one of the two spots north of me, not the one or two to the west or south.

bread's done
Back