Snake360 - Contests end 1/25 - $450 in prizes!

yyr

CAGiversary!
Hi to all CAGs!

As many of you know, one of the features of the New Xbox Experience launching on November 19th is the Community Games channel, where you'll get to play games from worldwide indie developers. Well, I am one such developer, and would like to present a look at my contribution to society: Snake360.

It's a new version of the classic Snake game you've probably seen before, but this one has 3D graphics, normal, co-op, survival and 4-player battle modes, over 200 levels, and a ton more. Boatloads of replay value, and it's just 400 MSP ($5) for the full version.

I have a couple of videos up and a bunch of info here: http://www.snake360.com

I hope you guys will be looking forward to trying it out on November 19th!

~Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicely put together trailer!

I definitely liked one thing you did there: you added some unlockables! A great way to add value. I never understand why big name publishers seem to act like such a thing has no place in arcade games... it's the perfect thing for them!

Congrats on your successfully made community game, and I definitely look forward to trying it on the 19th! And much respect for taking the initiative, and doing some marketing yourself!

(^_^)

Haha cool I used to play snake all the time so i'll check out your game for sure. Congrats on having your stuff hit XBL.

Just posting to let you all know the game has been released!

Unfortunately, due to something I could not test before release, the game crashes at the end of the 4-minute trial mode. The full version is unaffected. I've already submitted a version that should hopefully not crash, but it won't be up until at least Sunday.

Malik112099, you can use several different control schemes. The best is to use the A/B/X/Y face buttons...you get digital precision and don't have to deal with the d-pad.

Thanks everyone for checking it out!

Just thought I'd let you guys know that our Holiday Contests have now begun! We're giving away $450 in Microsoft Points and LIVE Gold subscriptions! Head over to www.Snake360.com and check it out...good luck to all entrants!

Time's running out on the Snake360 Holiday Contests and there's still a really, really good chance to win your share of prizes if you decide to join in now! The deadline for entry is next Sunday.

The first contest is a race to 90% completion of the single-player mode, and nobody has completed it yet. The first player to do this wins $50 in MS Points & 13 months of LIVE Gold.

The second is a competition in Survival Mode that runs on three different levels. There are actually two sets of prizes: one for the longest combined survival time, and one for the highest combined score. First place on each is a choice between $50 in MS Points and 13 months of LIVE Gold.

The third involves uploading a YouTube video of you and your friends playing Battle Mode. The most entertaining video will win $80 in MS Points. No videos have been uploaded yet...

If you want more info on the game or the contests, head over to www.snake360.com. I hope you guys enjoy it!

bread's done
Back