SNES Cartridge Holder [Project]

I'd use drawers, but thats just me. I'd also do the decoupage on the sides, but that is if you can find enough images. Best of luck. :)

Edit: If you're dead set on using shelves, I'd add more. That way you don't have to lift as many when you decide to pull one out. You could probably split all of those you have now once and it'd probably end up working better for you. :)

[quote name='advanced']I'd use drawers, but thats just me. I'd also do the decoupage on the sides, but that is if you can find enough images. Best of luck. :)

Edit: If you're dead set on using shelves, I'd add more. That way you don't have to lift as many when you decide to pull one out. You could probably split all of those you have now once and it'd probably end up working better for you. :)[/QUOTE]
It's extremely hard to find enough images. Old nintendo stuff is expensive, you know! I could print it out, but that seems like a cop-out! :p

On the drawers... I use drawers for all my old games. I play my SNES a lot, though, so the cartridges are always sitting out ready to go. Would be nice to have a better place to put them.
And on the shelves, they're only 10-inches tall each. I can basically hold the other cartridges in place with my palm when I want to take something out.

I could split them in half, though, definately. 4.75 inch cubbies then, since I'm using half ince material Still should hold about 30~ games. Since the shelves are set it and screwed in from the sides, I can do this after, if 3 shelves prove too difficult.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I have found it very hard in the past to stack SNES games on top of each other. They always seem to slide forward...[/QUOTE]
I've found this hard, too. Luckily, It's got added depth so the stacks dont need to be completely straight up and down, which helps prevent this (also, I've got some rough black stuff that keeps stuff from sliding around that they'll be sitting on). This is also why I added the three shelves, which keep the stacks about 10-high at max.

EDIT: I do have some vinyl Nintendo-themed decals somewhere, I could put those on the sides I think! Have to find em.

It would be better if there were tabs separating each cartridge. As it stands now, you're going to have to do a lot of shuffling to get games into and remove them from and put them back into alphabetical order.

[quote name='Chuplayer']alphabetical order.[/QUOTE]
No.

I might put tabs on a later revision, depending on how much of a hassle this... Don't know what to use for the tabs, though.

Hmm, how could I make tabs? If it's not too difficult to do I might consider that. I also might just lye it on it's side. After all, the only reason for this is so the carts aren't sprawled out on my floor/in boxes.

[quote name='Chuplayer']It would be better if there were tabs separating each cartridge. As it stands now, you're going to have to do a lot of shuffling to get games into and remove them from and put them back into alphabetical order.[/QUOTE]

I second this tabs idea, if each game could get its own slot like the old official storage cases your design would be boss. Even little wooden pegs running along the sides, something to support each game cartridge, would go a long way.

bread's done
Back