SNES game case project begins!!

Awesome! Man I wish I had Gradius III - I need to pick that up from somewhere. Super R-Type is sweet but it's too friggin hard now that I'm older :) Speaking of which, I'm surprised we don't have the box for it yet since that's a fairly popular game.

[quote name='Backlash']Awesome! Man I wish I had Gradius III - I need to pick that up from somewhere. Super R-Type is sweet but it's too friggin hard now that I'm older :) Speaking of which, I'm surprised we don't have the box for it yet since that's a fairly popular game.[/QUOTE]

He did have a Super R-Type box, but it was like $10, so I said screw that.

hey guys, just found these game case projects, (n64/gba/snes) and am deffintly going to start with this, i was looking at snack-bar.com and a little disappointed as to the number of snes covers compared to n64, im not trying to be mean or anything like that, i just really hope the snes project takes off soon, because i have about 60 or so snes games, and only 20 n64 games, although im looking to buy some more. Unfortunatley i threw away all the boxes i had for my games years and years ago, they used to be in a closet in my laundry room, but they took up too much room so they got thrown out, right now im regretting that :( well i just wanted to let you guys know that this is a really good idea, and you guys are doing really well, sorry i can't help, but i'll keep my eye on the thread.

I would be doing this but I have none of those cases, no one to print them out, and I despise the art. We need to have custom art or something.

Anyone interested in scans of three Japanese Famicom games and/or manuals?

Shin Megami Tensei II, FFVI, and Super Puyo Pop Remix.

Just tell me what settings I should use to get the best results, 'cause my other attempts haven't gone over to well so far.

SFC stuff rocks man. Upload as much as you've got. Once I get healthy... I will start uploading some raws of Super Famicom stuff.

[quote name='FatBat']Why did I sell my SNES?[/quote]

Time to buy another! Shouldn't be too tough to find a good deal on another one. Got mine with a few good games and everything for only $40 locally.

[quote name='Segafiend']SFC stuff rocks man. Upload as much as you've got. Once I get healthy... I will start uploading some raws of Super Famicom stuff.[/quote]

Raw scans of FFVI done

Anyone know where i can get those cases for 64 that HAVE them in stock? (or more importantly less than a quantity of 100... ( my wife would kill me )

Id ask about the GBA cases but i found that on my own (DS cases)

However...are there ones I can use for original Gameboy or Gameboy color games?
or do you think a cut off disk on a dremel can make it fit?

I posted this at thecoverproject.net, but this place looks more active, so here goes:

A CAGer asked me to submit my SNES collection and I went ahead and browsed some of my boxes and this is what I have access to that isn't uploaded yet.

I just don't know how to upload these. I have a scanner but I don't have access to photo shop, would I just upload the raw scans here and have someone else do the work?

On to the titles:

Phantasy Star 2 and 3, and Shinning Force should all easy, they're just inserts and should scan well.
Sonic 3 is a cardboard box and is part of the "Mega Hits Series".
All of the boxes are in either really good shape or are just a little rough on the corners. Ogre Battle and the NES Tengen Tetris are the only ones that I am concerned with.

How do I scan the boxes? Do I empty them and break them flat so the scanner door closes? Or do I just leave the door open and leave the box as it is?
-----
The only SNES games I have that aren't uploaded are the ones pictured (Illusion of Gaia, Orge Battle, and LufiaII) as well as Inindo: way of the ninja, Tecmo Super Bowl, and Super RBI baseball.

Thanks! You certainly can upload scans and others will convert them to covers for the Media Shelving (or dvd) cases when they get a chance. There was an ftp site set up for this but I think it recently went down. Snowcone from TheCoverProject is working on setting up another one.

There was a thread (or more) at TheCoverProject about scanning, but basically most people empty the box and flatten it, and then scan both sides. That way you get both spines plus the front and the back ion two scans. You can do it without flattening the box; it's just a little more work.

[quote name='Riyonuk']I would be doing this but I have none of those cases, no one to print them out, and I despise the art. We need to have custom art or something.[/quote]

I guess you don't understand the purpose of the project. It's to archive original SNES covers. Custom art would totally defeat that purpose. Original is where it's at.

Second,
Can someone tell me why this topic is not a sticky while the N64 project is?

Third to SMMM,
Have you been able to scan any of the boxes you received? I've been waiting for that No Escape cover. :)

[quote name='Lizard Axe']Animaniacs is done.
my.php

This is a zip containing huge scans of certain areas on SNES boxes. I copy/paste these over the original cover scan to make sure the colors are solid and free of noise, and then delete the original area underneath. There's a TXT inside explaining how this is done. These are similar to the gameboy resources on Snackbar.

http://rapidshare.de/files/14117585/cover_resources.zip.html[/QUOTE]

Anyone download this and still have it? I lost this and all my other PSP stuff in a hard drive crash a few months back. :(

[quote name='Lizard Axe']Anyone download this and still have it? I lost this and all my other PSP stuff in a hard drive crash a few months back. :([/QUOTE]

oooh, so that's how you did that. Did you make them yourself or did you find them somewhere?

[quote name='SMMM']oooh, so that's how you did that. Did you make them yourself or did you find them somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I made them. I just scanned the logos and stuff at a really large size, set them to 2 colors (Black/White), cleaned them up, increased to 16 mil. colors, set the white parts as transparent and colored the black part the color it was originally.

[quote name='Picky']I guess you don't understand the purpose of the project. It's to archive original SNES covers. Custom art would totally defeat that purpose. Original is where it's at.

Second,
Can someone tell me why this topic is not a sticky while the N64 project is?

Third to SMMM,
Have you been able to scan any of the boxes you received? I've been waiting for that No Escape cover. :)[/QUOTE]

Talk about delayed reply, but we host both original and custom covers.

[quote name='kdunn77']Thanks to the gamescanner.org site for the raw front and back scan for this:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4202/castlevaniacover9xs.jpg

I know this is the thread for SNES, but with just a little case modification, NES Carts can fit into the game cases. The plastic for the cases is a bit tougher than the DS cases, but it can be done. I can post a picture later showing the few "posts" that remain after mosification.

Sorry for the slightly different color grays on the cover, but the only thing I have ever used Photoshop for is these covers.[/QUOTE]
My "thank you" to You for mentioning my small site is long overdue. Been "out" for a long time, but now I'm back to scanning. Got plethora of material, and not enuff time :D

bread's done
Back