SNES & NES Fan Translations

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Anyone know of some fan translations for either SNES or NES? I'm mainly looking into RPGs. I know quite a few already but was curious if I'm missing something good. Here's what I know:

SNES
Secret of Mana 2 (Seiken Densetsu 3)
Bahmaut Lagoon
Romancing Saga 3
Sailor Moon RPG
Tenchi Muyo RPG

NES
Sweet Home
Mother (not really a fan translation)

The only one I've actually played and beat is Secret of Mana 2. So If you want to comment on any of the games I mentioned above please do so. I'd like some feedback since I'm looking to play something off beat.

RS3 is pretty good but it takes a while to get used to the system and really learn how the game is played.

SM RPG was fun IIRC but there's a part where if you don't level up your guys, they get killed in the next area and you can't level them up there either.

TM RPG takes like an hour to beat. Not very fun.

Bahamut Lagoon is pretty easy. I got near the end and stopped.

I would toss in DQ5 and DQ6 but those are being localized, those are probably the best of the translated games.

-----

SNES-
Famicom Detective Club is kinda fun if you're into those old-school adventure games.

For Square, you have Live a Life, Treasure of the Rudra's and Treasure Hunter G.

I think Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia have already been localized...

There's also SMT and SMT2 if you're into that.

Live A Live is excellent. One of my favorite SNES RPGs. It's quite unusual, though.

It contains one of Yoko Shimomura's earlier soundtracks, with some really great music.

Looking at my own archives, I see two other unmentioned games (which I never got around to playing, myself):

Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun (An action-rpg supposedly like River City Ransom)

Metal Max Returns (Another RPG)

[quote name='ID2006']Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun (An action-rpg supposedly like River City Ransom)[/QUOTE]
Sadly, this game sucks.
There is nothing like River City Ransom, not even River City Ransom for the GBA.

Well, there is one game called Technos Samurai Downtown Special, but it's quite confusing and the translation isn't too good.

I forgot what I played translated on NES. I know FF3 is much, much better on the NES than the DS.

[quote name='kainzero']Famicom Detective Club is kinda fun if you're into those old-school adventure games.[/QUOTE]yyyyyyyeay I have had this game on my radar for a while.

I jus needa sit down and actualy play it.

Romhacking.net is the place to keep your eye on for new fan translations; I was just checking it out now before coming here.

Aeon Genesis is one of the more frequent translation groups.
FEDA - is a shining force-like game for the snes.

bread's done
Back