SNES Rarities

shiningslade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
So I walked into my friend's store the other night. He just recently remodeled the place. It's a Heavy Metal/T-shirt/Novelty shop. He occasionally buys used games from people too. Normally he has a crappy selection for games, but I looked in the case & almost fell to the floor. I scored Secret Of Mana, Lufia, Lufia II, & Illusion Of Gaia all CIB for $3 each!!:drool::hot::hot: I couldn't believe it! Awhile back I'd grabbed a FF III cart only from him, but I totally never expected to find these finds, especially CIB.

[quote name='shiningslade']So I walked into my friend's store the other night. He just recently remodeled the place. It's a Heavy Metal/T-shirt/Novelty shop. He occasionally buys used games from people too. Normally he has a crappy selection for games, but I looked in the case & almost fell to the floor. I scored Secret Of Mana, Lufia, Lufia II, & Illusion Of Gaia all CIB for $3 each!!:drool::hot::hot: I couldn't believe it! Awhile back I'd grabbed a FF III cart only from him, but I totally never expected to find these finds, especially CIB.[/QUOTE]

....good show, but I hate you now.

I guess he didn't know the true value of the games since he doesn't specialize in that. If you managed to get them for $3 each, I can't imagine what your friend actually paid for them.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Is that how much he was selling them for or did he cut you a deal?[/quote] He had them stickered at $2.99 He has no clue what video games are worth. He does buy the stuff from people though super cheap. I think he got these with some other games and a system. Probably gave them $10-$15 for it all. He doesn't pay much for used games.

[quote name='naes']You know, you could have told your friend what it was worth.[/quote]

Why in the hell would he go and do a stupid thing like that!?

Good point.

My bad, OP. You should take advantage of friends.
[quote name='Scorch']Why in the hell would he go and do a stupid thing like that!?[/quote]

It's okay, I understand. Video games ARE more important than friends.
[quote name='shiningslade']Believe me, for what he pays out for used games, he's still making money at $3 a pop.[/quote]

IF he was that good of a friend he would have seen them the day they came out on the sales floor.

Probably more like acquaintances.

Friend or not, if thats the asking price there is nothing wrong with grabbing them. Now if he had put $7 on each of them, and you tried to lowball him down to $2, yeah shame on you. Damn good find though.

Having ran my own collectible stores for years, I have to say that my prices rarely reflect the "going price," especially if I'm selling something I don't know much about personally. If I pay 25 cents each for 20 items and sell them for $3 each, that's a hell of a profit. If some one gives me $60 for those 20 items and turns around and sells them for $300, well, good for them. They probably would have collected dust in my store for 10 years if I marked them that high.

I disagree. Friends respect each other.
[quote name='jah2004']Friend or not, if thats the asking price there is
nothing wrong with grabbing them. Now if he had put $7 on each of them, and you tried to lowball him down to $2, yeah shame on you. Damn good find though.[/quote]

bread's done
Back