SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1!!!

[quote name='opportunity777']Actually, given the usual subpar crap SNKUSA seems to paste together at times, I think you are being a realist.

I think they can do a really good job with this title. I'm hoping for MS on PS2 quality at worst, but I'm not betting on it.[/QUOTE]

Yah know, I think I'll buy it anyways, just to support SNK/P. Besides it beats buying them all on the VC, asuming it's gonna be $20 retail.

It just sucks that I have the collections of Metal Slug, AOF, Fatal Fury 1 & 2, & I'm planing on getting World Heroes when it come out state side. Would've liked to see Windjammer too.

[quote name='opportunity777']Actually, given the usual subpar crap SNKUSA seems to paste together at times, I think you are being a realist.

I think they can do a really good job with this title. I'm hoping for MS on PS2 quality at worst, but I'm not betting on it.[/QUOTE]

I think that apart from the lack of 480p, the US releases for KOF XI and NGBC were fine. Hell, I replaced my Japanese copy of NGBC with the US one since the load times are (from what I hear) fixed.

Seems to be luck of the draw with these guys.

[quote name='Chacrana']I think that apart from the lack of 480p, the US releases for KOF XI and NGBC were fine. Hell, I replaced my Japanese copy of NGBC with the US one since the load times are (from what I hear) fixed.

Seems to be luck of the draw with these guys.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely hit or miss. Sometimes, SNKUSA seems to take a decent amount of care in putting out products, and other times it has been down right lazy and pathetic.

I honestly believe they have gotten better over the years, but I'm hoping it's not some temporary leap in quality.

s42127w5qht.jpg

[quote name='Chacrana']I promise you, we can find screenshots.[/quote]
I'm posting 1 screenshot of every game for many reasons. one, I want to see them myself and see what type of game it is and how it looks, two i think some others do too, especially without needing to search, three it helps draw interest for the game, particularly from people unfamiliar with snk or their titles, four, it keeps interest in the thread about this game high so people don't forget it's coming out. sorry for the bad punctuation, typing fast/silently.

"Anthology Collection"? If that's really part of the title, they need to look up those two words in the dictionary.

I'll probably wind up getting the PS2 JP release of the Samurai Shodown collection rather than risk SNKPUSA messing it up.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']not really. they are intentionally delaying the wii release due to the VC.[/quote]
Even so they'd still make a lot more $ selling VC titles after this releases, it's not like this is going to sell well.

I'm hoping they have this for $20 at TRU since that's what it's listed as on their site. Especially since you could get $10 off if you get another handheld game.

If you have a Microcenter B&M nearby, you can grab it there or do a PM. They have it advertised in their bi-weekly flyer for $19.99 (til May 11th). Great compilation, btw.

[quote name='Master Shake']I'm hoping they have this for $20 at TRU since that's what it's listed as on their site. Especially since you could get $10 off if you get another handheld game.[/quote]

Where is this deal?

[quote name='blackjaw']Has this been pushed back to 5/5 by everyone, or just EB?[/QUOTE]

Amazon's date was pushed to May 1st yesterday, which is a shame.

It's even more of a shame that SNK apparently fucked up the PS2 compilation, as some of the games have slowdown, but hopefully the important stuff (Metal Slug, Baseball Stars 2, and Shock Troopers) will be unaffected. I'm still frustrated by SNKPUSA's sheer uselessness.

Anyway, true to SNKPUSA standards, the game's begun it's (hopefully brief) delay process, so who knows when it'll come out? At least I have Persona 3 to keep me busy.

since I got sick of waiting for the retail release (which I will be buying)..

Shock Troopers is fecken awesome. I haven't noticed any major slowdown so far, and I've played most all the games on the collection. I'd reccomend it. I'm not sure about load times off the UMD.

King of the Monsters! fuck YEAH! I wish it had the second one as well.

[quote name='jer7583']since I got sick of waiting for the retail release (which I will be buying)..

Shock Troopers is fecken awesome. I haven't noticed any major slowdown so far, and I've played most all the games on the collection. I'd reccomend it. I'm not sure about load times off the UMD.[/QUOTE]

How do the games look and run on the psp?

everything seems to run pretty well- I'm not much of a Neo Geo person though- never owned one or had many arcade machines around my area, so I wouldn't know too many small discrepencies. The games are fun, I like the golf game a lot.

And I did delete the ISO, I just wanted to give it a shot- I'll absolutely be buying this whenever it gets around to being released.

Neo turf masters makes it all worth it.
Everything else is gravy.
There are at least 6 other great games on there.
Soccer is fun, shock troopers is great, last resort is great, baseball stars 2 is awesome, and there is still a lot more fun to be had.
Where is this the cheapest right now?

[quote name='HuppSav']Neo turf masters makes it all worth it.
Everything else is gravy.
There are at least 6 other great games on there.
Soccer is fun, shock troopers is great, last resort is great, baseball stars 2 is awesome, and there is still a lot more fun to be had.
Where is this the cheapest right now?[/quote]

$14.99 on Amazon. Free shipping on $25 orders and no tax for most.

I ordered two copies earlier today from there actually.

I hope Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad is on Vol 2. That opening level in the sequel is so memorable, IMO.

If there is a Vol 3, 4, 5, etc... it'd be nice to get SVC Chaos thrown in there.

Other games i'd like to see:

Garuo: Mark of the Wolves
Breakers / Breaker's Revenge
The Last Blade 1 & 2
Neo Bomberman
Pulstar
Rage of the Dragons

and last but not least....
Super Dodgeball :twisted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo-Geo_games

don't forget about waku waku 7 and matrimelee
rage of the dragons is weak compared to those games

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I tried to pick this up at GS today, but it wasn't even in the system. I ended up getting the Sega Genesis Collection instead. :D[/QUOTE]It's coming a little later. Sometimes, a PSP game isn't in GS system until they know the final release (or it just ships to them). That was the case for PQ2 when I tried to preorder.

Got it from Amazon for the PSP. I am totally in love. Samurai Showdown is so much better than I remember. Initially I thought Sengoku sucked, but the more I played the more I got hooked. I had never played Top Hunter, it is amazing.

I just got it this weekend and had a chance to play it this afternoon. Great collection, complete with the slowdown in Last Resort (fun game...)

I must really be out of practice, because I used to be good at King of the Monsters. ;) heh. And Neo Turf Masters is so much nicer than the NGP version. It brings back memories. I didn't personally own a Neo*Geo, but I knew a few folks who did... and it was fun as a pre-internet multi-player platform. :)

I wonder if the next volume will have Viewpoint? One game I'd like to see on the PSP... :)

bread's done
Back