SNK Classics PSP version INCREASED to 29.99. WTF?

rebenns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Already gone up, and hasn't been released yet! If you want the PS2 version, it's still the original $14.99 price. Congrats on those of you SMART enough to preorder it.

UMD's are more expensive to produce than DVD's. At least that's what Sony claimed when they were charging $49.99 for certain PSP games 3 years ago. Who knows?

[quote name='mxpowar']Um, a price INCREASE would make this thread the opposite of a deal, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep, but there's no UNdeals forum. Just wanted to pass on the bad news, as this was something I was looking forward to, and to let others know that if you find someone still offering it for $19.99, it's a good deal, so maybe this might end up being a deal if someone finds such a place.

[quote name='mxpowar']Um, a price INCREASE would make this thread the opposite of a deal, right?[/quote]

Also price of gas INCREASED! I'm just kidding lol

[quote name='rebenns']Yep, but there's no UNdeals forum. Just wanted to pass on the bad news, as this was something I was looking forward to, and to let others know that if you find someone still offering it for $19.99, it's a good deal, so maybe this might end up being a deal if someone finds such a place.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there is a Deal/Store Discussion forum, which is where this belongs. Thanks for the information on the increase.

Thank you Amazon pre-order price guarantee. It has saved me cash on this and on the 2 copies of Wii Fit I ordered.

I noticed a few weeks ago @amazon the PSP version was listed at 19.99 and the PS2 at 14.99. Then, just a few days after that I saw the PSP version was 29.99 and has been the same price ever since. I was hoping maybe they would adjust it back down, because there's no way a PSP version should be double the price of the console game. I guess I should have pre-ordered off amazon.com when it was 19.99, but I had no idea they would jack up the price like that. No chance I'm buying this for 29.99.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I noticed a few weeks ago @amazon the PSP version was listed at 19.99 and the PS2 at 14.99. Then, just a few days after that I saw the PSP version was 29.99 and has been the same price ever since. I was hoping maybe they would adjust it back down, because there's no way a PSP version should be double the price of the console game. I guess I should have pre-ordered off amazon.com when it was 19.99, but I had no idea they would jack up the price like that. No chance I'm buying this for 29.99.[/QUOTE]

If you pre-ordered it you could have gotten the pre-order price guarantee. Sucks to be those who didn't.

If this was on Amazon that's normal. They'll have a huge sale and get in deal hunters to reduce overstock, then bump the price back up to break even on those who buy the game regularly.

Usually stuff like TV show box sets is the best example. Seasons of ER from 1-6 were all on sale for $20 a couple weeks and went back up to $35 recently.

Amazon changes its prices almost on a daily basis. As for the price of this game going up, it's not surprising. The UMD is probably a costly format, given no one else is using it outside the PSP and with pretty much all the movie studios abandoning it (with the exception of Sony Pictures, of course), the cost per UMD is likely several multitudes more expensive than a DVD. Heck, who knows, it might soon -- if not already -- cost more than a blu-ray.

[quote name='romeogbs19']The UMD is probably a costly format, given no one else is using it outside the PSP and with pretty much all the movie studios abandoning it (with the exception of Sony Pictures, of course), the cost per UMD is likely several multitudes more expensive than a DVD. Heck, who knows, it might soon -- if not already -- cost more than a blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

No, UMDs aren't getting more expensive to make as time goes on. That sort of cost only decreases. But even if it costs them ten cents to make a DVD and two dollars to make a UMD, that does not justify a $15 difference in retail price.

[quote name='Chacrana']Neat. A worse version of the game for more money.[/QUOTE]

How is it a worse version? This would be my preferred version.

[quote name='eastx']No, UMDs aren't getting more expensive to make as time goes on. That sort of cost only decreases. But even if it costs them ten cents to make a DVD and two dollars to make a UMD, that does not justify a $15 difference in retail price.[/QUOTE]

No, but Sony isn't setting the prices on this. It's possible Amazon didn't even know what to set the price as.

At any rate, it's been quite common for Playstation Portable games to start out higher than 2 games, and hold their price longer, presumably because they're in higher demand. Stinks, but these companies can charge whatever they want. (And I don't regret getting Sega Genesis Collection at the higher price.)

bread's done
Back