SNK Vs Capcom $14.99 EB New

[quote name='pimp tyranny']is it a bad game or something? i guess only the MVC games are rare.[/QUOTE]

The control, gameplay, and graphics were all disappointing/lackluster, IMHO. I rather wait for the KOF2k2/2k3 bundle coming for Xbox or spend the money on Capcom VS SNK 2.

It actually shows up as $14.99 when added to the cart, or searched for. The product page, for me, said $20.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']is it a bad game or something? i guess only the MVC games are rare.[/QUOTE]
These people are being overly brutal on this game. I have SVC chaos and love it. Violent Ken kicks serious ass.

[quote name='CappyCobra']These people are being overly brutal on this game. I have SVC chaos and love it. Violent Ken kicks serious ass.[/QUOTE]

I mean, if you're not serious about this game, then yeah, it's just like any other fighter.

But if you are, then just avoid this game, MAYBE get it at $10.00. But I won't. You're WAAAAY better off getting CvS2.

[quote name='CappyCobra']These people are being overly brutal on this game. I have SVC chaos and love it. Violent Ken kicks serious ass.[/QUOTE]

yea, it gets picked on way too much. aside from some shitty collision detection, and some control issues, I really like the game.

I like 2d fighters but Snk Chaos felt really crappy to me. This game was also crappy online. To many people would use Shin Akuma and sit in a corner and do nothing but Supers. I just recently trade in Chaos and they gave me almost 24 dollars with the extra 5. So if you can find it under 10 dollars take it to gamerush to make a profit.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']I mean, if you're not serious about this game, then yeah, it's just like any other fighter.

But if you are, then just avoid this game, MAYBE get it at $10.00. But I won't. You're WAAAAY better off getting CvS2.[/QUOTE]
SVC Chaos is not perfect by no means. It's just that it's a little different direction for VS's series games. More 'Alpha' like. No big-ass air combos, retarded infinite combos and the like. Yes there are SOME collision issues but it's still fun on XBL IMO.

Now if you REALLY want to start talking 'balance' & 'collision' issues, look no further than Marvel Vs Capcom 2. With 50+ character roster, only 5-6 of that roster are powerlords. Next time you play that in the arcade, look for the player who uses Cable, Blackheart and Sentinel. You'll tend to notice that player is usually on the win column.

[quote name='CappyCobra']SVC Chaos is not perfect by no means. It's just that it's a little different direction for VS's series games. More 'Alpha' like. No big-ass air combos, retarded infinite combos and the like. Yes there are SOME collision issues but it's still fun on XBL IMO.

Now if you REALLY want to start talking 'balance' & 'collision' issues, look no further than Marvel Vs Capcom 2. With 50+ character roster, only 5-6 of that roster are powerlords. Next time you play that in the arcade, look for the player who uses Cable, Blackheart and Sentinel. You'll tend to notice that player is usually on the win column.[/QUOTE]

Haha Blackheart hasn't been good in years. In the top quarter, yes, but he hasn't been considered top tier in quite some time. MvC2 isn't balanced by any means, but it's got the most characters that you can win with. There's 2 or 3 characters that are the most overpowered (storm and sentinel, forget who else), but there are a little less than 20 characters that could still hold their own against anybody. That's pretty good (regardless of how many characters are on the roster).

In any case, I'll pick this up when it drops to $10. Capcom Fighting Jam needs to drop that low too.

[quote name='evilmax17']Haha Blackheart hasn't been good in years. In the top quarter, yes, but he hasn't been considered top tier in quite some time. [/QUOTE]
He's not soo good as a primary character. But as a side helper, hoo-boy lookout! Bring some crackers 'cause there will be plenty of cheese to go around. Pair him with Cable and Sentinel as your primary fighters and you have an unbeatable team (IF you know how to use them). Blackheart's Ice/Firewall keeps jumpers at bay while Cable/Sentinel combo are doing the Van-Damage.

[quote name='ToxicAdam']Its THAT bad? I will trust the consensus.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $40 since a friend said it was good in the arcade. I still havent forgiven him. I hated the fact that I owned it. When I got a cheap gamecube game, I carefully opened the plastic seal and slide snk vs capcom into it and used an iron to reseal the plastic and returned it like new. I included all the original stuff like manual, disc, even the sticker on the side of the case.

Ditto

[quote name='evilmax17']Haha Blackheart hasn't been good in years. In the top quarter, yes, but he hasn't been considered top tier in quite some time. MvC2 isn't balanced by any means, but it's got the most characters that you can win with. There's 2 or 3 characters that are the most overpowered (storm and sentinel, forget who else), but there are a little less than 20 characters that could still hold their own against anybody. That's pretty good (regardless of how many characters are on the roster).

In any case, I'll pick this up when it drops to $10. Capcom Fighting Jam needs to drop that low too.[/QUOTE]

this game is way better than CFE, and I highly prefer Capcom fighters to everything else. CFE was a hack job plain and simple. SVC was just rushed for the holiday season in 03, and never really got all the changes it needed with the Xbox release. Deep down there is a good game in SVC, where as CFE makes you understand why capcom stopped making fighters.

[quote name='steelsticky']any way to score free shipping on that?[/QUOTE]
add a used game and use saver

[quote name='CaseyRyback']this game is way better than CFE, and I highly prefer Capcom fighters to everything else.[/QUOTE]

Lol no way man, SvC is just a bad game, there are infinites, f'ed up hit boxes and so many other obscure errors. Even though CFJ is a rehash of sprites, its still worth playing more than SvC, because CFJ feels more like CvS2. The game's okay if you're not serious into it. 3S > CvS2 > HSF2 > A3 > CvS1 > SvC.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Lol no way man, SvC is just a bad game, there are infinites, f'ed up hit boxes and so many other obscure errors. Even though CFJ is a rehash of sprites, its still worth playing more than SvC, because CFJ feels more like CvS2. The game's okay if you're not serious into it. 3S > CvS2 > HSF2 > A3 > CvS1 > SvC.[/QUOTE]

I personally hate the alpha series with a passion as I never have fun with it and I think Mark of the Wolves is superior to 3S. I also dislike Hyper SFII. I wish they would have made all the games seperate so that I could play straight ports of all the SFII games pre SSFII as I could care less for the new challengers and the upgrades they made. SFII was perfected with CE and Turbo to a lesser extent, and I try to block out anything past that.

the limited extremely crappy roster and the feeling that I had been here and done that 100 times over made the game seem dated the second I stuck it in my PS2 with regards to CFE. It was the first time I ever felt burnt by a Capcom fighter, as even if I hated the game, I could see that some work was put into it, unlike this one. SNKP at least put out a really good roster (they could have included some more people, but for a first outing 36 characters was a lot, and it was nice they were not all standards of both companies) and while the SNK sprites were not redrawn, seeing the Capcom sprites re-drawn was a blessing in so many ways. The gameplay was nothing mind blowing I will admit that, but it had a distinct old school feel that I really liked, and if nothing else, showed that a sequel could be really good (CvS 2 built on 1 showed that it could be done)

also, I am not going to deny that the other games on your list are not better than SVC, but most of those are close to 5 years old, if not older.

Yeah...I actually enjoyed this game. (maybe it's just my inner SNK-fanboy coming out) Although it definitely wasn't worth the $50.00 they were trying to charge at first. My only gripes were that the controls can be a little stiff (you get used to it though) & I wish that when someone got KO'd, it could be a little more dramatic. (They just fall & it's over) Anyways....at that price though...I say PICK IT UP! :)

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I'm sure there's a Fighting fanatic out there who wants it.[/QUOTE]

I really want this game, but is it worth $14.99?...:whistle2:k

I have a couple things to say (and no one probably cares).

1st things first. There are few games that aren't worth $20. I can't think of any right now, but there are some. I'm sure many people will disagree with me but whatever.

This game is definately worth $15. It's worth the 20 I paid for it. Yes it is flawed. Yes the graphics aren't the greatest. But it's fun, and that's what counts.

Oh and whoever said Violent Ken rocks is truly mistaken. He is by far one of the worst characters I have ever played as. The only person I'd pick Violent Ken over in this game is Mars People.

[quote name='THe VGM']Oh and whoever said Violent Ken rocks is truly mistaken. He is by far one of the worst characters I have ever played as. The only person I'd pick Violent Ken over in this game is Mars People.[/QUOTE]

I challenge you to a duel! :D If you're ever on XBL my screen is 'Cappy Cobra'. I'll show you just how 'bad' Violent Ken is ;)

heh I picked this up even without xbox live I found it to be barely worthed horrible soundtrack and not to mention the sound effects....

bread's done
Back