SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters Clash for DS $9.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='jaybird']I am - and I'm the OP. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Sent it in right after XMAS though, so the waiting time through New Year's and all that probably doesn't count. I would bet theyre only getting to it now....hopefully.

I sent mine in as well. Iirc it was before Christmas so I was expecting it to arrive in late December. Maybe 1-2 weeks turnaround so I'm hoping mid January for the new cart.

Just FYI, I ordered this when the deal was still valid and received a shipping delay notice from Amazon. I received the cart on Monday and it was the corrected version.

[quote name='bmOptimus']Just FYI, I ordered this when the deal was still valid and received a shipping delay notice from Amazon. I received the cart on Monday and it was the corrected version.[/QUOTE]

Damn you!

Seriously though, glad you got lucky.

Still waiting for my replacement. Whoever said it was a 10 day turnaround time must have got lucky or something.

I'm still waiting for mine, but sent it in right before Christmas. I was expecting it to take the old generic 4-6 weeks.

Actually, now that I know my save file won't get transfered over I don't really care if it shows up tomorrow or in two months, as I doubt I'm going to play it much.

I wish there was some way to tell from the outside of the case. My Best Buy has this for $15 now.

Sent mine in on the 25th as well and still haven't got anything yet.

Based on what other people have said about the turn around, they should be getting here soon I'd imagine.

So the glitch only happens on the second play thru? How far into the 2nd play thru ? About 98% of the time I don't ever touch a game after I beat it the first time,altho with cards games its always nice to play a 2nd time with a powerful deck.If the glitch doesn't happen till the middle or end of the 2nd play thru than I think I better off keeping the glitched version.

I'm just worried they won't send anything back because 1)quite a few ppl have been watiing awhile,2)there doesn't seem to be a way to check the status of your replacement (just like that stupid Big Daddy Figure I'm STILL waiting for) and 3) I didn't receive any email or confirmation that my online registration went thru sucessfully.Would just hate to end up sending it in and not recieving anything back,especially when I'm almost positive I wouldn't play this more than once.

[quote name='bmOptimus']Just FYI, I ordered this when the deal was still valid and received a shipping delay notice from Amazon. I received the cart on Monday and it was the corrected version.[/quote]
How do you know it's the corrected version? Any visual difference to tell them apart?

The only difference between the broken and corrected versions is the color of the sticker on the actual cartridge.

The sticker on the broken version is completely in color.

The sticker on the corrected version has the game logo in color, but the background is grayscale.

So unfortunately, you have to open up the box to find out; there is no way to tell from the outside package.

[quote name='bmOptimus']The only difference between the broken and corrected versions is the color of the sticker on the actual cartridge.

The sticker on the broken version is completely in color.

The sticker on the corrected version has the game logo in color, but the background is grayscale.

So unfortunately, you have to open up the box to find out; there is no way to tell from the outside package.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the plastic wrap gave it away (I read that somewhere on here, at least) - the neatly-folded wrap indicated the old version, and the cheaper-looking heat-sealed wrap was the revised one. This is all hearsay though, I don't know from personal experience.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']This game has a 40ish rating on metacritic, fwiw.[/QUOTE]

Aye.

I loved the original and I love card games, so even though I've heard horrible stuff about it, I still need to try it to satisfy my morbid curiosity.

Worth trying it for ten bucks to IMO.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']So the glitch only happens on the second play thru? How far into the 2nd play thru ? [/quote]

It happens on the 9th floor on your second time through the tower.

[quote name='phear3d']deal is dead then?[/QUOTE]

Deal has been dead since a day or two after it started. All you need to do is check Amazon to confirm, dude.

[quote name='Apathy']It happens on the 9th floor on your second time through the tower.[/quote]

Thanks for that info.Is the 9th floor far into the game? I'm very unfamilar with the game and haven't played it yet.Floor 9 of out of 10 would be pretty deep but if its 9 of 100 or something like that than it might be best to just send it in.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks for that info.Is the 9th floor far into the game? I'm very unfamilar with the game and haven't played it yet.Floor 9 of out of 10 would be pretty deep but if its 9 of 100 or something like that than it might be best to just send it in.[/quote]

There's 21 floors.

You can kill it on your first play through too, but it's POSSIBLE to get through once as long as you don't talk to a certain character twice (but I guess the second time through would get you the real ending).

[quote name='Veronica Mars']So, we can "Skip" the glitch?
Who do we NOT need to talk to?[/QUOTE]

No, you can't skip it. It's a mandatory conversation.

Say, has anyone who sent their game in to SNKPlaymore gotten it back yet?
Or could anyone who has done it previously guesstimate how long it took?

[quote name='nwaugh']I thought that the plastic wrap gave it away (I read that somewhere on here, at least) - the neatly-folded wrap indicated the old version, and the cheaper-looking heat-sealed wrap was the revised one. This is all hearsay though, I don't know from personal experience.[/QUOTE]

That was my experience at TRU. My friend and I both got copies there, both had the "cheap" shrinkwrap, and both were the corrected version of the game. :bouncy:

[quote name='SDC']Say, has anyone who sent their game in to SNKPlaymore gotten it back yet?
Or could anyone who has done it previously guesstimate how long it took?[/quote]

i mailed my copy out on the 3rd of this month. i'm "hoping" it comes back b4 Feb..

does snkplaymore even email you a confirmation notice? *shrug*

Yeah, speaking of defective DS carts I sent Codemasters my Bubble Bobble three months ago and still haven't received or heard anything. I sent them an email.
Hopefully SNK is a little faster.

Makes one wonder why the recall form even asks for an e-mail address. They should at least e-mail you to say they got your request and are processing it. To at least let you know it didn't get lost in the mail.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, speaking of defective DS carts I sent Codemasters my Bubble Bobble three months ago and still haven't received or heard anything. I sent them an email.
Hopefully SNK is a little faster.[/QUOTE]

I've had a similar experience with Bubble Bobble. I sent it to them in August, confirmed they received it, and have emailed them three times since asking what's up. Each time they stated more carts were expected in the next few weeks and would be sent out when received. I'm starting to get a little pissed considering it's closing in on half a year since I sent the original in. :bomb:

[quote name='SDC']Say, has anyone who sent their game in to SNKPlaymore gotten it back yet?
Or could anyone who has done it previously guesstimate how long it took?[/QUOTE]

WOW they must really dropped the ball or something lately. back in june/july when the recall was first done people were getting the games back within 7 to 10 days of sending. i got my replacement copy in 8 days.

They can't have limited copies that ran out. Otherwise there's no excuse for them to not have return your mailed copy by now. They're just lazy fucks is all.

Yeah, I know some fanboy might play the "SNK climbed out from under, give them a break" excuse, but that was a long time ago and they have since run out of pity passes for when they fuck up.

The SNK recall link is saying that the offer is now over, which still wouldn't lead me to think they wouldn't honor anyone that had sent in the game before that though.

I don't think that they will do anything.

I mean, even if they have to, whose gonna make them?
Not being negative, but when I called, no one knew nothing.

I just e-mailed back the CS rep who had helped me back on12/19, to see if he knew what the turnaround time was.

I have a funny feeling that all of our defective carts are just sitting in the PO Box we sent them to and they don't know what to do with it. There must have been a ton of them sent due to the deals/clearance at amazon and sears.

Hopefully they get their act together soon or if not, send them all back so we can try and return it to amazon. It's 10 bucks down the drain and my return window at amazon is quickly closing on January 31, which I assume is the same for all of us that bought it through amazon, due to the extended return schedule for the holidays.

[quote name='NineH']I have a funny feeling that all of our defective carts are just sitting in the PO Box we sent them to and they don't know what to do with it. There must have been a ton of them sent due to the deals/clearance at amazon and sears.

Hopefully they get their act together soon or if not, send them all back so we can try and return it to amazon. It's 10 bucks down the drain and my return window at amazon is quickly closing on January 31, which I assume is the same for all of us that bought it through amazon, due to the extended return schedule for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

In that case I'm sure we'll all see the defected carts returned to us on Feb 1, so that they don't get hit with a huge return from Amazon... ;)

Seriously though, it's kinda like I took a $10 bill and mailed it to SNK. So far it's just money down the drain. Ridiculous that I've only got an empty case to show for it.

I sent in my copy of Bubble Bobble Revolution around mid july and got the replacement shortly just a little over a week after, they also sent out Rainbow Islands Revolution for free as a "bonus" for the problem.

Still nothing for me from our buddies at SNK.

I sent them an email on the 16th to all the email addresses I could find on their site and still no reply.

Forwarded on the email again today as well.

I might have to start setting my MVS carts on fire and throwing them through their windows soon!

I bought the game and sent in the cartridge (around early December), and supposedly they are going to send one. I've called them a few times and finally last night I got a voicemail saying they were going to check on it and send one in the mail... we'll see.

bread's done
Back