So anyone excited for Jumper?

The book, though labeled "young adult", was quite good. Even the sequel was interesting.
Actually the movie does look pretty good, and it looks like it actually kept many of the concepts from the book. I'd be interested in seeing it.

The original book was very good, and not for a child at all (deals with rape and alcoholic fathers). If it were a straight book adaptation then I could honestly say it would be an awesome movie, however they added in a group of people who are chasing after the people who are teleporting as the antagonists.

[quote name='sonderiaom']The original book was very good, and not for a child at all (deals with rape and alcoholic fathers). If it were a straight book adaptation then I could honestly say it would be an awesome movie, however they added in a group of people who are chasing after the people who are teleporting as the antagonists.[/quote]

Reading it now, but if the movie followed the book it seems it'd be much less sci-fi and more drama and whatnot. Not something I'd look forward to.

Also, in the book Davy cries a lot. A LOT. The character in the book is fine, but I'm hoping they don't have Hayden be so emotional, certainly doesn't seem so from the trailer but you never know. As far as the terrorist hijacking thing, I doubt they'll go into that with the new antagonists.

[quote name='Jack7Of7Spades7']Also, in the book Davy cries a lot. A LOT. The character in the book is fine, but I'm hoping they don't have Hayden be so emotional, certainly doesn't seem so from the trailer but you never know. As far as the terrorist hijacking thing, I doubt they'll go into that with the new antagonists.[/quote]

Hopefully it doesnt go down like this:

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5F22sYA67j0&feature=related[/MEDIA]

bread's done
Back