So as of today, Nov 2nd, 2014... Which current Gen console is most worth the cost?

Guilty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I'm focused on exclusives, because I play multiplatform games on pc...

Owners of both or even just on...wanna chime in?

Wife gave the okay to get one system tomorrow couch free...

Is the Xbone worth it? I have ps plus....I will want the ps4 for Bloodborne alone... but that's a ways off... thoughts?

Already have a Wii U...

Honestly, I'd just wait until February when Bloodborne releases and pick up a PS4 then, unless you come across a really good deal this holiday.   The Xbox One is a good deal, particularly if you like Halo and racing games, but it doesn't sound like those are really compelling to you, at least from your post.

No, I am actually interested in Horizon, SO, and Halo, as well as a few others... I guess I was waiting for someone to talk me out of a Xbone. I want there to be more than there is on the PS4 right now, but it seems like it's backbone is currently built on Multiplats.

This isn't articulated well, because I am on a phone, away from home... I was also trying to avoid a xbl sub, as I have been away from it for some time.

I'm just going to give it a shot. 2 BB stores nearby have to SO bundle, and I'll get the 2 for 1 deal at target for games. If I hate it, I'm sure that bundle will resell nicely.

Thanks.

None of them. I don't have $500 to blow. And if you've a bandwidth cap, still gotta be rather wary.
Well good thing neither of them cost $500. But going just by right now I'd say the x1. You get the system plus a game for $350 basically making the system $300. And I would say once you beat the two infamous games there isn't much to play right now. Might not be a bad idea to wait for uncharted 4 to hit before picking up a ps4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gen console most worth the cost? for me i think i'll go for this  sony PS4. base on my research, it has more graphical power than the Xbox one and 32 times more system memory than the PS3 and a firm focus on pure gaming experiences rather than media mojo, it has established itself as the next-gen console to beat. think so :)

You're a PC Gamer so I would assume you don't care THAT much about the graphical capabilities of consoles, and so far I'm pretty happy with my Xbox One. Awesome exclusives like Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive, plus MCC is coming. 

Sure, PS4 will get theirs soon, but 350 bucks for a next-gen bundle, it's a sweet deal.

Then again, Atlas did release Catherine accross PS3 / 360. And those Persona fighting games.

I'd Say $350 for free game(s) is kinda the sweet spot for next-gen. Really, they both pale in comparison to PC nowdays, but I ended up getting with an Xbox One because it's kinda the best deal between the two. I expect to get more mileage out it than a PS4 with stuff like Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, D4. Then again, I like quirky games.

On the flipside, you already pay for PS Plus, and they have Infamous Second Sons, The Order, P.T. (for me, this would be a pretty big reason lol).

Thanks guys. As said, I am a pc gamer, with a nice rig, and have a Wii U. (No it's not a joke, there are good enough games to warrant owning the system)

I went with the Xbone, and I will likely pick up a ps4 next Winter. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Also, for the record, Sunset Overdrive is nuts, and Horizon 2 is the best racer I have played since maybe PGR2. 

Really enjoying D3 UE Edition with my son, and even picked up D4 for good measure. (THAT is a weird fucking game.. it's like a train wreck... I want to look away, but I have to know what will happen next)

He chose poorly

indiana_jones_grail_knight3%5B1%5D.preview.jpg

As a PC gamer myself I've been preferring my xbone over my PS4.

Glad to hear you picked up Horizon 2, it's awesome!

If you ever want to play some add me on XBL: Space Cat V

bread's done
Back