So... Circuit City is basically badass

JBlade00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
So, I really wanted to get in on the Toys R Us Buy 2 get 1 free deal. Only problem is the 2 in my area don't have the Splinter Cell: Double Agent game in yet... I went in yesterday and called today w/ no avail. I then decided to try my luck with Circuit City and price-matching. They told me to bring in the flyer so they could check it out. Toys R Us is literally right next door so I just went, got a flyer and took it into CC. I first checked to see if they had SC: DA in... and they did, along with the other game I wanted, Oblivion. I went to talk to the employee who directed me to the manager that was working the floor. He checked out the ad and said "Yes, we can do this no problem :)" So basically I got Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Oblivion and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (hadn't heard anything about it, but figured I could check out the reviews before opening it). I got it for about $130 after tax. The way they made it work is by taking $30 off of 2 games, so basically I got 2 brand new games for $30 each and then a regular priced one :)

I am super happy and this is why I just bought a 42" Samsung Plasma from them last week. Just awesome customer service!

~Jon

I totally agree with you. CC is much better @ providing Customer Service, compared to Best Buy. I'm tempted to try my CC to get a couple of DS games.

You got a nice manager as I believe Buy X Get X deals technically aren't part of their PM policy. Just goes to show that it never hurts to ask.

I agree that Circuit City is bad and Circuit City is ass. They have terrible customer service in my area. The only thing worse than the customer service is the selection of games.

[quote name='ragtop70']I agree that Circuit City is bad and Circuit City is ass. They have terrible customer service in my area. The only thing worse than the customer service is the selection of games.[/QUOTE]
You must have a shitty CC. Mine is the hot fire.

My Circuit City would only give me the free X3 with MUA or match the Best Buy 4.99 MS points card. I took the free game and found out that was the wrong choice as X3 was only worth 8 bucks in trade :( I didn't think of trying to match the B2G1 because there really aren't any other games out I want until next week when I get hammered with NWN2, Children of Mana and FF12

I didn't know about the X3 deal when I got the game (they didn't mention it) I did go back a bit later and tried but the guy basically said since I got the B2G1 I couldn't get the X3 deal. I didn't really care because I got $60 free instead of $30-40.. I understood. I did try to pre-order gears of war and COD3, but they didn't have either of the freebies so I wasted a trip out there completely... lol

FYE is badder ass.

Bought 6 360 games, crappy 06 sports titles, at Gamestop with a bunch of different deals going on for a total of $74. Then traded them into FYE for NBA 2k7, Saints Row, and Splinter Cell Double Agent. They just charged me tax.

3 games for $89.

Not all CCs are cool... it really depends on the manager and people working there. But at my CC, I've had a ton of luck with their clearances and other things. Especially since their service reps usually help you out with deals if they can.

Best Buy, in my eyes, is home to all the douchbags and ass fucks of each respective town.

Also, I just bought a 42" Samsung plasma from them. I almost bought one online, but then I went and spent like 2 hours looking at the different tv's and talking to one of the sales rep dudes forever. He was very honest and helpful, and even though he pushed the extended warranty pretty hard I decided to go w/ CC and pay a little more just because I felt they deserved a sale from me. I tried to get them to price match to amazon, but to no avail. But hey, I have my tv now and I've been drooling over a new one for months... I'm very happy.

And yes, BB tends to suck balls. I can't stand when you walk into a store, take a straight line and some intent towards a direction and the employees will still find a way to stop you and ask if you need help. Funny thing is, it's become a reflex now to say "nope, just looking" even if I do need help. I've said it too many dang times! haha

Circuit City is the best place for music cds and movies new releases and tv's and cameras. There computers are where they lack. But there good in all.... much better than fye.... also some circuit city's are now getting trade in for games..

bread's done
Back