So Did Anyone Get One Today (04/22)?

I was at CC picking up an online order, I showed up at 10:05, waited in line, and by the time I got to the front they still had 5 or 6 Wii's left... everyone today was focused on Pokemon, would have been the perfect time to snag one ;)

I've already got one, though.

Went with my brother to pick up the new Pokemon game at 10am, saw one person leave with one, saw another two behind the counter. I've already got mine though.

I managed to snag one Friday at Target. Hopefully this isn't just a one time restock and that they can constantly keep them stocked now.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I think the Wii crisis is finally letting up.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, the system is out of stock in the first 30 minutes these stores get it and doesn't come back in stock for days, unlike the 360 / PS3 I can buy whenever I want anywhere I want.

When the Wii is readily available on store shelves with no hassle over it, then the Wii crisis will have let up ;)

As it stands now, you'd still have to go out of your way to get a Wii if you really wanted one.

[quote name='Roufuss']When the Wii is readily available on store shelves with no hassle over it, then the Wii crisis will have let up ;)[/QUOTE]
And this is when I will seriously think about buying one.

I already have a Wii (camped out for 4 hours back in late November/December) but haven't seen a single one in a store since then. Yikes

[quote name='AshesofWake']god damn it's April, wtf.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember where people claimed you could just walk right into any store on launch and grab one, guess they were wrong. Same with the ones who said PS3 would be impossible to get....5 days later, guess they were wrong.

Went to CC in Irvine, CA to get Pokemon DS and after talking with the cashier, learned that over 30 people were lined up before they opened, but they only had 13 systems.

Pretty amazing that its still getting lines that long in April.

Glad I got mine ages ago.

picked mine up this mornign at tru. great experience there.
i was a littl eunsre of my purchase until we turned it on and played our first bout of boxing, my 5 year old knocked me out and was going NUTS the whole fight, worth every penny.

My wife surprised me with one yesterday. She didn't get it a store but from a guy on Craigslist for a $30 upcharge. (knowing her it was worth the $30 to not have to wait in line this morning)

I went around today and didn't see a one.

[quote name='gizmogc']Yeah, I remember where people claimed you could just walk right into any store on launch and grab one, guess they were wrong. Same with the ones who said PS3 would be impossible to get....5 days later, guess they were wrong.[/QUOTE]

You could just walk right in on launch day and grab one in Portland, ME where I live. It's the fact that they sell out quickly that is the issue. I mean if a store opens at 10am and you are there at 10am then you'll get one. If you're there at 11am then you won't get one. They sell out of the system within an hour.

I just walked right into BB on launch day and picked up my Wii, but within 20mins they were sold out.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I saw two Wiis on the shelf able to be purchased at 11:30 at Target. First time I've seen them on any shelf.[/QUOTE]

Gaaah! I looked up itrackr today at lunchtime and it said they had them in at my local Target, so off I went, and predictably, didn't see any. I scanned the barcode that I printed out and it said they were in the stockroom, so I asked the 16 year old working in the electronics situation if he could go get one, and I was told they're holding them for next week's Sunday ad. Now what kind of bullshit is that? They're going to have them sit there for an entire week? OK I get it if a delivery comes in on Fri or Sat and they're going to hold them till Sunday, but a whole week makes no sense to me.
Yeah I know, its not like I actually put in the effort like, actually getting out of bed at a reasonable hour on a Sunday :) , but it is annoying from the perspective of seeing other people say they see them sitting there on the shelves at their local Target, and I get stiffed like this with quite frankly, some absurd logic. Anyway, no more hide and seek games for me with the Wii, when I see one, I'll buy one, but I'm not rabid enough for one, I guess!

Went to CC at 7 am this morning. Finally got my Wii! I am loving Wii sports, i played it all afternoon with my friend. I still need to try out WiiPlay and Zelda TP

[quote name='d00k']Are people still having a hard time finding Wii's? There are tons of them at every store I go to. I didn't know this was still a problem.[/QUOTE]

What stores do you go to? I've looked for one and have yet to even see one for sale! (have seen demo units of course) I went today to Best Buy but only could arrive early afternoon, and as always they were sold out of their shipment by then (they said they sold them straight away). If you have a place where you can get "tons" of them, I suggest eBay as an easy money-making tool for you NOW.

[quote name='elprincipe']What stores do you go to? I've looked for one and have yet to even see one for sale! (have seen demo units of course) I went today to Best Buy but only could arrive early afternoon, and as always they were sold out of their shipment by then (they said they sold them straight away). If you have a place where you can get "tons" of them, I suggest eBay as an easy money-making tool for you NOW.[/quote]

Seriously. You can still sell it for $350 buy it now on ebay. Get your CC and go buy them all. I have a feeling that post was a bulls**t post.

[quote name='elprincipe']What stores do you go to? I've looked for one and have yet to even see one for sale! (have seen demo units of course) I went today to Best Buy but only could arrive early afternoon, and as always they were sold out of their shipment by then (they said they sold them straight away). If you have a place where you can get "tons" of them, I suggest eBay as an easy money-making tool for you NOW.[/quote]

I went to Target a couple months ago to get my DS Lite and they had four or five Wiis. Every time I go into Target I see at least three of them. "Tons" was a bit of an overstatement, I will admit, but I really do see them pretty much everytime I go out. Wal-mart also had about five last time I was there.

[quote name='d00k']I went to Target a couple months ago to get my DS Lite and they had four or five Wiis. Every time I go into Target I see at least three of them. "Tons" was a bit of an overstatement, I will admit, but I really do see them pretty much everytime I go out. Wal-mart also had about five last time I was there.[/quote]

You still haven't said where exactly this is.

Where I live, not a single Wii. And when I go to EBGames to chat with the employees and when customers call, I usually say the response, Wii huh? They nod.

I got my Wii a few weeks after the launch. Waited 4 hours in the cold Sunday Morning.

[quote name='d00k']I went to Target a couple months ago to get my DS Lite and they had four or five Wiis. Every time I go into Target I see at least three of them. "Tons" was a bit of an overstatement, I will admit, but I really do see them pretty much everytime I go out. Wal-mart also had about five last time I was there.[/QUOTE]

My local stores had Wii's today. The key word is had. BB, CC, TRU, Wal-Mart and any other place that had any were sold out within an hour. I live in Portland, ME and they sell out very quickly with each shipment.

I finally got one at CC today. Had to wait in line though, and was 7/11. We probably turned away around 15 people who got there too late. From what I heard, lines at BB and TRU were way worse.

Anybody who is seeing Wiis in stores probably lives in the middle of nowhere.

I can safely say that I'm out at stores on a somewhat regular basis, and I have yet to see any Wiis aside from the one I missed out on and the one I bought, both at EB.

CC never has them, WM has a tag for them but there is never actually room in the case anyway... so, yeah, I'd still say you either have to hunt or luck into one.

[quote name='d00k']I went to Target a couple months ago to get my DS Lite and they had four or five Wiis. Every time I go into Target I see at least three of them. "Tons" was a bit of an overstatement, I will admit, but I really do see them pretty much everytime I go out. Wal-mart also had about five last time I was there.[/QUOTE]

If you can find one and want to do cash or trade, I and others on these forums are looking for them but can't find any to buy...

Woke up about 7am thinking I should head out to wait in line at either Circuit City or Toys R Us. I decided to stay home a little bit and decide if I really wanted to get a Wii, and if so, do I really need/want to wait in line for one. So 8:30am rolls around, I head out to Circuit City, who hands out vouchers I think a little before 9am. I read that a TRU or two opened early so I decided to roll to the one down the street and wait in line there. Chatted it up with a friendly couple who were getting a system (or 3) for their grown children. I also got a voucher at TRU (who didn't open till 10am) and gave the couple my CC one so they could get a third one.

I went home and am enjoying Wii Sports. I also used the 10% off games coupon Best Buy had and got Wii Play and Super Paper Mario with the $10 gift card. Great system from what I've played so far, love baseball and bowling! Oh yeah, also got Pokemon Pearl at CC after getting my Wii at TRU.

[quote name='Sway']Woke up about 7am thinking I should head out to wait in line at either Circuit City or Toys R Us. I decided to stay home a little bit and decide if I really wanted to get a Wii, and if so, do I really need/want to wait in line for one. So 8:30am rolls around, I head out to Circuit City, who hands out vouchers I think a little before 9am. I read that a TRU or two opened early so I decided to roll to the one down the street and wait in line there. Chatted it up with a friendly couple who were getting a system (or 3) for their grown children. I also got a voucher at TRU (who didn't open till 10am) and gave the couple my CC one so they could get a third one. .[/QUOTE]

Hmm, sounds like they were buying some for their good friend Mr E.Bay, esquire.

3 of my coworkers got them today (monday). They weren't at the same store at the same time either. I'm out in the Chicago burbs.

I went in to CC at 10:30 to get the ad to price match Pokemon at BB, and they had like 6 Wii's just sitting there. Well, people were around, and I would see people leaving with Wii's, but with enough people there, they weren't all there for the Wii.

The reason CC had the Wii's just sitting there was because they were on hold for folks who got a voucher. They handed out the vouchers an hour before open, and you had two hours after open to come pick them up.

This is how I got mine on Sunday. Took my daughter, we had a great time.

I got my system last Sunday the 22nd expecting to do an impulse buy of Pokemon Diamond, but ended up taking home a Wii, I ended up firing up my credit card and took the plunge.

Target in Montclair CA had like 4-6 of them shipped, and I ended up picking up 1. They said it was supposed to be their May shippment but they got it early.

Got one today, when I wasn't even looking...I was in EB to see if there was anything good for the B1G1 sale, and I overheard the clerk saying to someone else that they had a few Wiis, so I butted in and asked if I could get one...and I got one. Funny how that happened, I never would have thought to even ask in an EB, I figured thats the one place where there's no chance in hell of getting one.

A buddy of mine also just got one 5 mins ago at a Gamestop in Tempe AZ.

There are signs showing that the supply is starting to come in if you look at ebay prices. The $400-450 Wii sellers arent getting any bids at all and the systems themselves are closing down at about $250 + $30 shipping.

1 million a month must be enough.

Was doing my weekly Target Clearance shopping when I remembered that Speedy said they were supposedly available this Sunday. Lo and behold, there was one left! Updating my system now. It's effin taking FOREVER :whistle2:/

[quote name='schuerm26']You still haven't said where exactly this is.[/quote]
I'm in Brookline, NH. The stores I'm going to are in the next town over. I was just at Target yesterday and I didn't think to look to see if they had any, I really wish I had.

[quote name='rygar']
Anybody who is seeing Wiis in stores probably lives in the middle of nowhere.[/quote]
I do kind of live in the middle of nowhere. Either that or nobody around here is really into that sort of stuff.

[quote name='taz98spin']I picked mine up yesterday @ Target! But think I might sell it..[/quote]

You're not going to turn a profit so might as well turn around and return it.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']You're not going to turn a profit so might as well turn around and return it.[/quote]

He's right, you'll end up with a possible loss. I checked this morning, most are ending around the $280-290 mark. So thats a loss $ (gas not included :p).

bread's done
Back