So do you think we'll ever get more Mii customization?

Stinkfinger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
It's a pretty robust system as it is, but there's a ton more that can be done. So does anyone think (hope) we'll be seeing some Mii related VC stuff? I sure hope so. Making those stupid little things shouldn't be as much fun as it is.

I hope so, maybe some t-shirts or something along the lines of the clothes creator in Animal Crossing would be damn sweet. It shouldn't require too much effort on their part even, but knowing Nintendo, they might leave it like it is here while Japan gets some cool stuff that makes us envious and bitter Americans.

I really liked Wombat's one idea from a CAGcast. Where if you beat the game or did somethign in the game you unlocked certain things you could customize your Mii with. Wombat gave a great example as if you beat Zelda you unlock a Zelda hat. That type of achievement" system would be hott.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I really liked Wombat's one idea from a CAGcast. Where if you beat the game or did somethign in the game you unlocked certain things you could customize your Mii with. Wombat gave a great example as if you beat Zelda you unlock a Zelda hat. That type of achievement" system would be hott.[/quote]

That does sound extremely cool. I'm not holding my breath though.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I really liked Wombat's one idea from a CAGcast. Where if you beat the game or did somethign in the game you unlocked certain things you could customize your Mii with. Wombat gave a great example as if you beat Zelda you unlock a Zelda hat. That type of achievement" system would be hott.[/quote]

I have been saying shit like this to a friend of mine since release. beat Zelda, and get a master sword to carry around. Beat metroid, get an arm cannon. Beat mario and a mushroom slides around the mii center. You send your Mii to someone and they walk around with whatever unlockable you had.

This being implemented would be the best case scenario imo. I've already gotten kind of bored with Mii's and the system is basically useless to me now, unless they add some more options(full color scale, I'm looking at you).

Ya that reward system is a great idea. Someone should forward that to Nintendo...it would make people want to play/rent/buy more games to get the reward piece for the Mii

Wombat had that reward system said on a previos CAGcast. It was one in Sept/Oct I believe. I wish Nintendo would listen to the CAGcast or we could have CheapyD and Wombat toss there celeb status around and talk to some of them Big N reps and see what they can do.

It's not a matter of "Do I think" it's more of a matter "They better".

Seriously. The Mii channel is awesome, and addicting in a way. But it's very limited. VERY limited.

More features = better Miis

I almost wonder if it's even possible for them to do so. The Mii's are already used in released games, so how would they handle the new Mii features?

In a sense, Nintendo may have already locked themselves into the current Mii Channel implementation, especially if they want 3rd parties to use it. Can you picture buying a Mii compatible game and seeing something like "Only compatible with Mii Channel version 1.3"?

Maybe they could patch the existing games as they go.

[quote name='evilmax17']I almost wonder if it's even possible for them to do so. The Mii's are already used in released games, so how would they handle the new Mii features?

In a sense, Nintendo may have already locked themselves into the current Mii Channel implementation, especially if they want 3rd parties to use it. Can you picture buying a Mii compatible game and seeing something like "Only compatible with Mii Channel version 1.3"?

Maybe they could patch the existing games as they go.[/QUOTE]

I doubt any 3rd party games would make games revolve around the Miis. I think that's something Nintendo is only going to do. I don't even see alot of "Mii Games" coming out at all. It's Wii Sports and Wii Play right now. What else would they do? Use them in AC? That would be cool, but would look different..but whatever.

Maybe even a "Wii Sports 2" (it HAS to happen.)

A bunch of companies hopped on the Nintendogs bandwaggon after that became popular, and they did the same with Brain Age. If the Mii's are wildly successful, I can see a few companies using them.

[quote name='evilmax17']I almost wonder if it's even possible for them to do so. The Mii's are already used in released games, so how would they handle the new Mii features?

Maybe they could patch the existing games as they go.[/quote]
Well I the Mii's are just characters, each Mii is unique but only in a sense of apperance, so I don't see how they can't work with extra clothing. Maybe Nintendo already figured this out before and programmed Wii sports for it? Either way I do like the idea of getting stuff after you beat games, but what would really be cool is to implement something like the X-box points system for gaming accomplishments. What you can do with your points is once you have accumulated enough, you can buy Mii clothing packs and stuff which basically rewards you for completing games.(note this is not points you buy for VC games, this is like the useless 360 points for completing games and stuff).

[quote name='lilboo']I doubt any 3rd party games would make games revolve around the Miis. I think that's something Nintendo is only going to do. I don't even see alot of "Mii Games" coming out at all. It's Wii Sports and Wii Play right now. What else would they do? Use them in AC? That would be cool, but would look different..but whatever.

Maybe even a "Wii Sports 2" (it HAS to happen.)[/quote]

I'm sure there'll be a Wii Sports 2, or even a full-fledged game for each of the sports in Wii Sports. It'll happen.

As for 3rd parties using Miis, I'm sure more companies will use it (and turns out, its already happening, thanks to The Sims).

Sooner or later, a company is going to realize that they don't have to make characters that look like the ones in Wii Sports to take advantage of the Mii system. Simply read the facial structure of the Mii in the system, and apply a similar, more realistic (or cartoony, or whatever) look that matches the Mii's facial structure. Simple. Now you have a Mii system that can be easily applied to games like Red Steel 2 or Tony Hawk.

In regards to expanding the customization of Miis, I can totally see it happening, but what will become of games that are programmed for the old Mii system? Unless Nintendo has already properly programmed and planned for Mii expansion in their games, or better yet, in the Mii application itself, then older games might be locked into the current system. So if Nintendo updates the Mii system, old games (like Wii Sports) might go crazy trying to figure out what this new facial feature is, or why there are accessories or color combinations.

Hopefully Nintendo has planned for customization expansion, and that won't be a worry.

Edit: Darnit! Sir_Fragalot beat me to it.

Couldn't they just put a feature into the theoretical new system that makes it scale back when loading into an old game? I don't see why they would have to lock out the old games when they could just make it scale before it even goes in.

I think further Mii customization would depend on how Nintendo implemented the Mii stuff. If the game is just calling some API that's stored with the firmware which returns the necessary polygon meshes (generated from the Mii data), with joint locations, etc. then they could do almost anything they want without having to update every piece of software that uses Miis.

On the other hand, if they're just passing the raw data to the games in question (which in turn have to generate the meshes, textures, etc. themselves), then they may have locked themselves in to their current set of options.

I really do hope they add some more stuff though. Particularly, I'd like to see a lot more customization in hair colors. For one, it's kind of boring boring to be limited to natural hair colors, but beyond that, their "red" looks nearly brown (on my TV at least).

bread's done
Back