So... Dragon Age: Origins or Demon's Souls?

randomevent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
EDIT: I just saw the other topic asking this question... if a mod would delete this so it's not wasting space, that would be nice. Thank you.

I got a new Samsung LED TV, and it's time I break it in with a brand new RPG. Problem is that I'm having a REALLY hard time choosing between DA:O and DS.

As far as what I'm looking for, the story is pretty much the most important aspect of an RPG for me. I like characters that are really fleshed out and interesting, no matter how cliche.

I've heard that both games are open world, and that's usually a turn off for me because it can change the pace of the story (which is usually my decision, but I dislike it nevertheless). However, while I hated Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, I loved Fallout 3. I'm not sure if this will help anyone recommend me which title to buy, but there it is.

For difficulty, I've heard DS is super hard. I totally don't mind about the difficulty, so long as the game can tell me a wonderful story.

Finally, there's the consideration that DA:O will be $40 at BB tomorrow, and I have a $10 RZ coupon.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if Demon's Souls has an engaging story because I really want to try it. I'm torn beacuse I've been told first hand that Dragon Age: Origins has an amazing story and loads of replay value. Right now I'm leaning towards DA: O.

As I said, I'm really just trying to find out if Demon's Souls has a great story. If so, I'll probably get that instead.

For story, I'd have to suggest Dragon Age - Demon's Souls isn't really about the story...it's a great game, but not for that reason.

As someone who has played though about half of Dragon Age and NONE of Demon Souls I would have to say go with Demon Souls. Why you ask?
1)Atlus will probably not make many more copies of this game and if its something you have any interest in you should buy it now.
2) From what I have seen Demon Soul looks very polished. From what I have played Dragon Age for PS3 is very very not polished.
!!!But... remember Demon Soul WILL kick your a$$!!! So be prepared and know what to expect!!!
Thats not to say I haven't enjoyed Dragon Age but if i were to do it over i would have bought Demon Souls. Play Dragon Age on PC or MAC if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back