So, how many CAGs are living near Tokyo? Gauging interest for Tokyo CAG Meetup

Obviously I'm game for the 19th. Where would you suggest meeting Cheapy? Something on the JR Yamanote line or the Asakusa ling would be great for me, but I don't know about the rest of you.

It doesn't seem like too many people are interested in a free dinner and drinks. I'll mention it on this week's CAGcast and see if we can get some more takers.

I have a great idea, we should all go to Pakutch tower burger and see if we can get our picture taken after finishing the burger.

Wait, I'm interested!

...wait, that's today :(

Oh well...I work in Tokyo so I'm sure
I can make it the next time :) Hope you're adjusting to Japan well, CheapyD!

I'm personally going to be busy the weekend of May 23. If we could do it Saturday May 31, I'd be down. It takes me 12 hours and almost $200 USD to get there, like I mentioned before. I might be willing to pay that much just to hang out with you crazy guys if this comes together. Put me down as a definite maybe.

By the way, if we do this, any chance of a video game exchange or something? I have a copy of Warhawk, Skate, Gundam Musou, Resistance, and maybe even Unreal Tournament III or Call of Duty 4. I could potentially sell/trade(all for the PS3). I also have books, including Japanese language textbooks, I can give in case anyone is interested. Anyway, holler.

I'll be in Japan May 19 - June 19... so anytime in there, I'll be sure to make a special trip out to Tokyo for Cheapy!

Tried to set something in Shibuya several months back but it was a no go. Even the most enthusiastic gamer needs a bite to eat too! The only conclusion is that all the gaijin in Japan have full time jobs/schedules with their new found popularity/ and meeting with CAGers seems to be a secondary thing.

Regardless we should try something again and lets take CHEAPY out to lunch for all the work he's put into this site as a kind word of thanks!

BTW, I think if we march into the Pakutch Burger joint they'll HAVE to stick our picture on the wall, its called the "Gaijin smash". Hows THAT for a CAG 5th anniversary, we'll all hold signs of CAG while we take the picture and everyone that eats at that joint might be new CAGers due to the free publicity.
Funny that you could even get away talking on the subway if its in English. (funny article thats not written by me listed below:
http://www.gaijinsmash.net/archives/gaijin_smash.phtml

I'm going to be in Tokyo from July 8th through July 13th. My sister is visiting Japan for a couple weeks and I wanted to show her around somewhere more exciting than my crappy part of these islands.
My sister is actually a gamer, too. Not like Petz or Animal Crossing. She likes FPS like COD4 and UT3. So she'd be up for meeting some fellow gamers. Wish we could have a get together to go to.

I don't expect to get a reply to this, but I'm I'll give it one more try. I'm leaving for Tokyo tomorrow night and getting there Wednesday morning. It'd be good to meet a fellow CAG frequenter. I'll be there at least until Sunday. e-mail my keitai at [email protected] if you are bored and want to meet up.

Written several months ago with so much hope of everyone meeting up but a no go! c'mon fellow gaijin, there's a time for brotherhood that Americans can share, apart from all the other distractions going on. Maybe we can try again during a national holiday, Sept seems to have 2 coming up, 15th and 23rd..... We still have to get the 1 day tour led by Cheapy D that was offered on April 1st!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sutenas']i'm interested, but no roppongi. absolutely, positively, defiantly not that hell hole.[/QUOTE]

Too many 外人 O_O My school's in Shibuya and after I was done with classes, I decided to wonder around Tokyo yesterday... I ended up in Roppongi >_< I mean.... Don Quijote is cool and all, but... Too many foreigners >_

bread's done
Back