So I am trying to set up a capture card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkdog2006

CAGiversary!
Heres my problem. I have to put some cables into the monitor out of my TV. Ok no problem... So I look at the back of my TV and there is no monitor out, only audio out Does anyone know a fix, or a way around it or anything to fix it? I really want to start recording but I can't cause their is no monitor out. Thanks for the help.

Edit: This is so I can record my Xbox 360.

[quote name='rywateska']XBOX => CaptureCard => TV

Follow the diagram above.[/QUOTE]
That'll create delay issues.

What kind of TV do you have? HDTV or standard? What kind of connection does your capture card have? Composite I'm guessing?

You have a couple options if you have a standard TV. You can hook up the 360 through a VCR, use the component out on the capture card and use the coax on the TV. Or, you can use a Y cable/splitter, but that might cause some picture quality issues. If you have s-video, you can get the s-video cable, and probably use s-video on one and composite on the other.

If you have HDTV, its a little tricky. You likely won't be able to record while playing in HD, I've run into this issue myself.

You can plug in the component video to your TV and also plug in the Composite Video (yellow plug) to your capture device. It really does work. The testers here at work do it.

Alright I have a dell widescreen monitor with a composite screen option. How would I connect my capture card to that composite screen type, TO my main computer screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back