So I found a 360 today....

cag1000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
And I was hoping you all could tell me what the hell I should do. Unfortunatley there was 1 left and it was a Core system. I got it from Sears who got a shipment in last night and it was the VERRYYYY last one. I couldn't pass it up so I got it. But I paid retail so that's cool. Now I know I will never find a premium till maybe Feb/mid Jan if I'm lucky, and even then the exclusive remote won't be included. And I heard the remote sux or doesn't do alot or isn't as good as others anyway. So here is where I need your help. Should I keep it and add some other stuff(hard drive/wireless controller). Should I sell the wired controller to offset extra costs? Since i'd want 2 wireless ones anyway. There aren't any deals on the extras now right?? And those HDTV cables. Not many people have HDTV. I know my tv has a built in HDtuner but don't you have to call the cable company and pay extra? Those I could get later. Can you guys tell me more about the cables and the HDTV? Also what is the ethernet cable the Premium comes with? Do I need to get one of those since it isn't listed as in the Core system. I have an xbox wireless G router hooked up for my Live setup now. Will that work with the 360? These fucking questions wouldn't matter if MS would have just made one fucking system but imagine the shortage of these fucking things with each store getting half what they got last week. Anyway thanx guys help me out???!!....***%%$$##??

[quote name='jlarlee']I'd ebay it and use the profit to buy a premium[/QUOTE]

Agreed, if you can (and want to) wait.

If you can't afford it, sell it.

If you can afford it, hang on to it and buy a harddrive and whatever extras you want.

Probably the smart choice for someone who can wait 3 months but I'm not sure if i'm that guy.

check this out....

remote(would have to buy one after christmas anyway since premiums wont have it after then)so forget that one

$100 hardrive
$50 wireless controller
-$40 selling my wired controller
no HDTV so won't have to buy HD cable
not sure about ethernet

=$10 out of pocket comparing what I'd have to pay versus premium costs

If you have an HDTV you will want the right cables. Your cable company has nothing to do with hooking your 360 to it, if I understand your question correctly. Hooked up to an HDTV the 360 looks awesome!

Check this out

Sell your core system for $500 - $600
Buy another Core @ Best Buy on the 18th for $300
Sell your wired controller for $40
Buy 2 wireless controllers for $100
Buy a harddrive for $100

Come out of the situation even or with some extra cash in your pocket.

You should just go for the premium anyways.. those HDAV cables give you the option of upgrading to a HDTV in the future anyways... plus you get the headset

I got a Premium from Walmart.com . . . shipping took awhile but I got it last Saturday. Sold it for $900 on ebay (missed the big profits of the first days). Made $400 after cost. This way if I want to buy one next year I can deflect my wife's comments :)

Especially since this is just a Core, I'd sell it. Did they get in any harddrives . . . be nice to have one for the auction.

Since you have an HDTV w/tuner built in you can get free HDTV channels with a regular over the air antenna. If you decide to keep it make sure to get the component cables so you can get HD resolution with the 360.

I say hock it. A coworker of mine is looking for the premimum version for her son's xmas gift and has instructed me to buy one at retail on site, should I see one. However, she warned me that even he didn't want a core system and would rather wait for a premium.

So hock it, get a nice bit of profit, and use it to get a premium once they show up if you really want one. :)

[quote name='schultzed']I got a Premium from Walmart.com . . . shipping took awhile but I got it last Saturday. Sold it for $900 on ebay (missed the big profits of the first days). Made $400 after cost. This way if I want to buy one next year I can deflect my wife's comments :)

Especially since this is just a Core, I'd sell it. Did they get in any harddrives . . . be nice to have one for the auction.[/QUOTE]

you could always direct them to my hard drive auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8239175260&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
:lol:

This will probably be an ongoing decision for me.

I may hold it for the next 3 weeks and hit the BIG $$$ in an ebay auction a few days before Christmas with overnight shipping when they are more rare.

[quote name='cag1000']This will probably be an ongoing decision for me.

I may hold it for the next 3 weeks and hit the BIG $$$ in an ebay auction a few days before Christmas with overnight shipping when they are more rare.[/QUOTE]
Theres going to be another big shipment around Dec. 12th-18th. You should eBay before than.

yeah, if you want one, i hear that the 15th is the day. do a little homework and youll have one

sell it... Makes no sense to have it right now unless you're a really big fan of one of the launch games...

no real good games, just mediocrity, and those will go down in price by waiting for the better system in addition to the release of some new games. Also most of the launch games you can play on your pc for the mean time... and if they're not out now they'll be coming (condemed for example)

Also by waiting, maybe M$ will release a new revision that has some of those "bugs" worked out...

so - Sell...

but in the end - I think you're old enough to make your own decisions.... Do what YOU want, not what others tell you... Seeking advice is always a good thing though.

[quote name='vpr']

but in the end - I think you're old enough to make your own decisions.... Do what YOU want, not what others tell you... Seeking advice is always a good thing though.[/QUOTE]you, oh great one, are as wise, as my ass is hairy(im italian):drool: i will be your humble servant.

The games that are out right now arent anything special, just pretty graphics. Sell it and make some money. By the time the become widely available the line-up of games will be looking very very well.

:lol: it's funny, the ones that have it say keep it, and the ones that have only played the demo unit in stores and don't personally have one say sell it.

[quote name='cag1000']This will probably be an ongoing decision for me.

I may hold it for the next 3 weeks and hit the BIG $$$ in an ebay auction a few days before Christmas with overnight shipping when they are more rare.[/QUOTE]

Just wait it out. Tide yourself over and play some other game systems. You're not missing out on much, not yet, not this soon into the 360's time.

[quote name='vpr']Also most of the launch games you can play on your pc for the mean time... and if they're not out now they'll be coming (condemed for example)[/QUOTE]

Do you assume everyones PC is equal in power? Not good thinking if you do. As well as some simply prefer to play games on a console, over a pc.

But on topic, keep it, as you have something (a core unit) thats not too high in demand right now. Unless you plan to "upgrade" it and then sell it, just keep it.

[quote name='cag1000']

$100 hardrive
$50 wireless controller
not sure about ethernet

=$10 out of pocket comparing what I'd have to pay versus premium cost[/quote]

Unless I am missing something there, I very well may be, your math is off just a little bit. $100 + $50 - $40 doesn't only $10 out of pocket. More like $110, but hey, maybe you just forgot to hit the other 1.

But in the end, its your decision and you already know what you want to do deep in your mind, so go ahead and do it.

I picked up a Core in much the same situation and decided to keep it. I am loving my 360 now and through the holidays, instead of being patient. Oh, but there's so much to love about it! Start playing Perfect Dark Zero and PGR 3 now (2 very special games, no matter what somebody said earlier in the thread), maybe pick up some fun Live Arcade games... Plus I think you should keep the wired pad, so's you can eventually play 4 player (unless you plan to buy 4 wireless) PDZ and Quake 2 offer good 4-player now, plus DOA 4 will very soon..

$100 hardrive
$50 wireless controller
not sure about ethernet

=$10 out of pocket comparing what I'd have to pay versus premium cost

[quote name='craven_fiend']Unless I am missing something there, I very well may be, your math is off just a little bit. $100 + $50 - $40 doesn't only $10 out of pocket. More like $110, but hey, maybe you just forgot to hit the other 1.

But in the end, its your decision and you already know what you want to do deep in your mind, so go ahead and do it.[/QUOTE]

It is worded kind of weird, but I think I understand what he is saying. The Core system is $300. If you add the cost of the HD and the wireless controller, it comes out to $450. If he were to sell the wired controller for $40, the total cost for him would come out to $410, which is only $10 more than a premium system bundle.

[quote name='Trakan']It is worded kind of weird, but I think I understand what he is saying. The Core system is $300. If you add the cost of the HD and the wireless controller, it comes out to $450. If he were to sell the wired controller for $40, the total cost for him would come out to $410, which is only $10 more than a premium system bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the wording or the long week most have thrown me off. My bad.

[quote name='craven_fiend']
Do you assume everyones PC is equal in power? Not good thinking if you do. As well as some simply prefer to play games on a console, over a pc.[/QUOTE]

Not by any means - Heck, my pc isn't THAT powerful anymore. Just stating that most of the launch games ARE/WILL BE available for pc, so you DO have that option to play them while you wait for the better 360 games/better hardware/more availability of the units. That's all I'm saying.

[quote name='thagoat']
you, oh great one, are as wise, as my ass is hairy(im italian) i will be your humble servant.[/QUOTE]

:roll: is all I have to say to that.

[quote name='eastx']
I picked up a Core in much the same situation and decided to keep it. I am loving my 360 now and through the holidays, instead of being patient. Oh, but there's so much to love about it! Start playing Perfect Dark Zero and PGR 3 now (2 very special games, no matter what somebody said earlier in the thread), maybe pick up some fun Live Arcade games... Plus I think you should keep the wired pad, so's you can eventually play 4 player (unless you plan to buy 4 wireless) PDZ and Quake 2 offer good 4-player now, plus DOA 4 will very soon..[/QUOTE]

DoA4 is almost a system seller for me :) However, I'm playing my back cataloug of games right now - so I think i'll be waiting some more...

Don't forget that you can use the wired controller on your pc too if you wanted to. There is this great (simple) pc game called Crimson Land that I always wished was on xbox. The design of the game lends itself to xbox live well. It's sort of like that old coin op game SMASH TV, except better I think... Anyways, I always wanted to use the xbox controller with it, and now I can - except I haven't bought one yet and I don't have the game anymore. However, with a quick google search I was able to find it again.

I say sell the thing because right now it's not worth it. Then when it is in 3-6 months buy a new one.

Sell it now and wait for all the kinks to be sorted out. Then buy the premium system down the line unless you HAVE to have it now.

schultzed, what day did you sell yours? I sold my premium on Friday and it only went for $770 plus shipping. After all the ebay and paypal fees, I made around $270. Not that I'm complaining, but the extra $100 would have been sweet :)

[quote name='Scorch']:lol: it's funny, the ones that have it say keep it, and the ones that have only played the demo unit in stores and don't personally have one say sell it.[/QUOTE]

pushing the product as always, i see

bread's done
Back