So I had dinner with the creator of Homestar Runner tonight

Tybee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My friend and next door neighboor had her birthday party tonight at a local restaurant. There were a lot of people there, and my wife and I were late, so we were seated away from the large main table at a little table in the corner with a nice couple and their little girl. We talked for a while and when I asked what he did he said he was a cartoonist. We talked a while more, and then I said, "So do you do like comic strips or Web comics or what?" And he said, "Do you know Homestar Runner? I do that."

So that was cool. They were nice people. His wife does the voice of Marzipan. We actually ended up talking more about my job than his. Not sure how that happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man.

It's a good thing I'll probably never meet one of the Chapmans. I'd probably just end up shoehorning SB quotes into everything that I say.

[quote name='The Crotch']Man.

It's a good thing I'll probably never meet one of the Chapmans. I'd probably just end up shoehorning SB quotes into everything that I say.[/quote]

It was Mike. We actually went to UGA at the same time. They live within a couple miles of us.

I wasn't about to assail him with quotes, because to be honest I only have a passing familiarity with HR. But we did talk about games a bit and I lamented that none of Telltale's games were playable on the Mac. Their daughter was quite enamored of my wife. Good folks. Very down to Earth.

Did you eat Fluffy Puff marshmallows? Kids ask for it by name!

Also did you drink melonade?

(Read above as more literal version of TC's post.)

[quote name='Tybee']We actually ended up talking more about my job than his. Not sure how that happened.[/QUOTE]

Probably because that's how he manages not to talk about his job most of the time.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Probably because that's how he manages not to talk about his job most of the time.[/quote]

Probably so. I've met a lot of famous and semi-famous folks over the years and I've never understood the people who go all starry-eyed and suddenly want an autograph. We honestly talked more about UGA, kids, video games, old high school friends, etc. HR talk lasted all of 5 mins and I saw no reason to extend it. He's just a person.

I was mostly just amused/impressed by the random nature of how I met him. Just one of those funny things that happen in life.

bread's done
Back