so I just paid 130.00 for a copy of Full Auto from Gamestop.com...

chrishicks

CAGiversary!
I'm checking my credit card account today and I notice that I have 2 charges from Gamestop.com(shows up as MEDIA PUBLICATIONS). 1 in the amount of 65.69 and the other for 63.59. I only have 1 game on order. I log into my gamestop account to confirm my order and my account states 1 copy shipped for a total of 63.59. no one seems to know where this 65.69 charge comes from. my CC company tells me it was from gamestop but gamestop says it isn't them. at the moment I'm stuck because both places are passing my issue to the other company so at this moment I'm out 66.00.

That sucks I've had the same problem to. It disappeared after a few days. I even had them mark it as a credit when I bought my first Xbox than they charged me back so they tend to correct. I'd still keep pushing till your sure though.

Alot of companies put a hold on a certain amount to make sure they get the money they are due. If it is not gone in a few days, just despute it with your CC company.

Well, from my own experience running credit cards, it sounds like the person that ran your card put in the wrong amount and canceled the transaction, which voided the charge but not the authorization on your card. Then they corrected the amount and let the charge go through. If this is what happened, then the extra amount will disappear in a few days.

I get this from people sometimes in our stores when their credit card gets declined the first time or we have to enter it twice for some reason. For a few days, two charges will show up but one is just a pre-authorization that eventually disappears. There's nothing we can do but tell them to wait.

these are actual posted transactions on my CC. I never know what authorizations are on my card until they are posted in my transactions list. I actually have 2 charges listed in my account from them. I have one charge from the 12th and another from the 14th. I'm going to try them again today and see what happens.

[quote name='chrishicks']these are actual posted transactions on my CC. I never know what authorizations are on my card until they are posted in my transactions list. I actually have 2 charges listed in my account from them. I have one charge from the 12th and another from the 14th. I'm going to try them again today and see what happens.[/QUOTE]
If you only authorized one and no one is owning up, just do a chargeback, or at least report the transaction. I had a similar (though I knew what happened) issue with Target on Black Friday. I got the GBA bundle there for $70 or whatever it was. She couldn't scan the serial number on the unit, so I had to go get another box; came back, and completed my transaction. Next day I see a $70-ish charge (GBA), and then a $90-ish charge (GBA plus Family Guy). She probably didn't properly void the transaction the first time. Reported it online, got credited the next day.

I feel for you my friend because I had this happen to me with my debit card but it wasn't game related but something similar to you situation. I had went out to eat with my family to Golden Corral (a new buffet to my area at the time). So, my family instead of trying to split up the bill I just had everybody give me their money and I charged the meal to my card. When I got my bank statement it shows that I was charged for that one meal three times with in a five day period because this is an account I rarely use I didn't have a problem with any other charges because these were the only ones.

These fucks decided to charge my card here in Michigan, again at a location in North Carolina, and again in Colorado. So, after I calm down from seeing this I realized something else when I looked at deposits on my account they refunded the money from the two other transactions outside of my state to my account. I still haven't figured out why the fuck they charge me three times but at least they made good by putting it back before I was about to go off on someone from their company.

That and the fact that FULL AUTO absolutely sucks, and should START life as a budget title at $19.99...........seriously, have you played the shitty demo!?!?!

MEDIA PUBLICATIONS, huh? Sounds like one of those alternate names used in CC billing so that anyone looking at the statement over your shoulder won't know it was really for beautifulblackmen.com ;)

But like everyone else said, just wait to see if they credit you $65.69. It's possible that the errant charge has gone through, but the credit to correct that charge is still being processed.

finally got a hold of a good cs rep from gamestop. someone actually processed the payment when it was supposed to be just an pre-authorization. because of the incorrect amount on the 1st charge they placed the charge again when my order was actually shipped because they assumed it was for another order or something. I'm supposed to get the 1st charge reversed sometime in the next few days so hopefully this all works out.

bread's done
Back