So I just spilled fish sauce (nuoc mam) all over my carpet... HELP!!!

vietgurl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
To make a long story short, I was carrying a bowl of fish sauce to the table when I bumped into my Weider Total Body Works and spilled it all over the carpet. I'm desperately spraying carpet cleaner on it but...HOW DO I GET IT OUT?

What do I do??????

does it have a stain or the smell? try some carpet cleaners and see if they work. if not you can call the carpet cleaning people to see if they can clean it if that is what you want but it's gonna be expensive

I live in a small studio apartment. The carpet is a dark color so there's not much of a stain but it smells pretty bad. I can never invite anyone over to my place again :whistle2:(

My arms hurt from scrubbing the carpet

[quote name='vietgurl']I live in a small studio apartment. The carpet is a dark color so there's not much of a stain but it smells pretty bad. I can never invite anyone over to my place again :whistle2:(

My arms hurt from scrubbing the carpet[/quote]

Have you tried Oxyclean? That guy in the commercials may be a moron, but that stuff works. You may want to try Oxyclean followed up by a ton of Fabreeze.

[quote name='thisiswack']rent a rugdoctor.
http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=search&client=rugdoctor

if they have them near you.

and for christ's sake stop eating fish sauce.[/QUOTE]

fish sauce is good. i like it and a lot of vietnamese food needs fish sauce to have a good taste.

scrubbing won't work. buy some anti-odor products and spray on the spot. the smell will go away a few days. trust me, i've spilled fish sauce when i was a kid and still do once in a while but i have hardwood floor now so the clean up is easier.

EB032382.gif

[quote name='lebowsky']Have you tried Oxyclean? That guy in the commercials may be a moron, but that stuff works. You may want to try Oxyclean followed up by a ton of Fabreeze.[/QUOTE]

so does that make him an oxymoron?

I woudl try some natures maricle pet cleaner it may work also there is some sort of as ssen on TV stuff that they have at target now that might work. the pet cleaner is like 9 bucks for abottle the TV stuff is 20 ifyou want to try to be cheap try ammonia first (windex) a while a go when i was paying for college i cleaned houses (sucked but 12 bucks an hour so hay) lots of those women sweared by windex to clean carpets. febreez is always worth a try too.

Febreeze Knocks Smells out like a stunner. If you can get the stain up- do the Febreeze thing, should take care of the smell. Hopefully you blotted it up instead of spraying shit immediately-- cause if not it might be down in... ugh.

As said, pet stain remover works wonders. If it can get an old wine stain off my countertop and has worked on cat shit, vomit, and Pepsi (that last one is from me) more times than I can count, then it'll work on fish sauce. The smell usually goes away with whatever is staining, but if not, Febreze should do you good.

use some baking soda to neutralize the smell... if you use febreeze it's just going to smell like febreeze mixed with fish sauce :puke:

Wow, people eat disgusting things.

Use the aforementioned cleaners for the short-term, but give the rug a good doctoring in the near future.

Not sure why everybody's knocking fish sauce. It isn't half bad. But I have no advice on how to get it out of carpet.

[quote name='javeryh']I'll second that.[/QUOTE]
Nah... that would just be asking for them to keep your security deposit.

Munch's suggestion is right. Have you people seen that shit work? It will bore skin down to the marrow in the name of cleanliness.

[quote name='Strell']Munch's suggestion is right. Have you people seen that shit work? It will bore skin down to the marrow in the name of cleanliness.[/QUOTE]

Much and Strell FTW!

That stuff stains pretty bad, and it smells pretty bad as well, but it flavors stuff so well. No advice to get it out though, sorry.
(vietnamese people are the greatest in the world)

[quote name='Moxio']Much and Strell FTW![/QUOTE]

I had to go to wikipedia to see what FTW meant! :lol:

OT, I wish we still had that feature where you could highlight shit like that and the magic genie would tell you what it meant.

And can we get an update on the carpet situation? I'm on edge over here!

bread's done
Back