So I logged into AIM today...

Chronis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
and they deleted my buddy list to get me to upgrade. WTF. Luckily I had saved my list last year so I have something to fall back on... but still! Dick move, AOL! And I wouldn't mind updating if AIM didn't get shittier ever time. I tried the newest version a few weeks ago and then spent the rest of the night looking for an old version to downgrade to.

Wow haven't heard that term since ... late 90's? How is AOL still in business?

[quote name='DV8']Wow haven't heard that term since ... late 90's? How is AOL still in business?[/QUOTE]
AOL is now a largely free chat/IM program. As long as you have high speed internet, you can cancel any paid account you have.

Their chats suck since they switched over and no one I used to talk to on there via IM has been on in forever.

Yeah, I've used AIM for years so I never really broke the habit. Pretty much use it to talk to just a handful of people though, despite the fact I have almost 200 people on my buddy list from throughout the years.

Anyway, someone told me to use Trillian, and wouldn't you know it... As soon as I set it up, AIM starts working again.

[quote name='DV8']Wow haven't heard that term since ... late 90's? How is AOL still in business?[/QUOTE]

lol thats the same thing i was thinking. i figured aim just dissappeared along with aol since i havent seen one of those free cds in years. hell im surprised any of those im services is still around since people text with phones and chat on myspace and facebook. seems like everything is done through phones now.

[quote name='lokizz']seems like everything is done through phones now.[/QUOTE]

See, I refuse to spend my time typing with my thumbs. Just like someone who posted in this thread refuses to get with the times and buy a printer, I won't get with the times and text everything I need to say. As a matter of fact, this clip perfectly describes my feelings towards texting AND even talks about printers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBflm_S61Wg

bread's done
Back