So I stopped by BuyRite Games today...

ryoga79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
And boy do they suck. They're down to only 1 store in Raleigh (the Wake Forrest store is closed now for some odd reason, and I really liked that store) and the clerk looks like he just doesn't wanna be there at all. It's waaaaay too small, the selection SUUUUCKS, the prices are still jacked up on most things, and they hardly have any import stuff anymore, save a few Saturn games that I already have, and even those are high. At least the wake forrest store had the Playdia and NeoGeo systems out on display and had a decent selection of stuff to choose from. Now it's barren and reminds me of a pawnshop almost. I was actually hoping to pick up one of the One Piece gamecube games from there, but the guy acts like he doesn't want to be bothered. I remember back a couple years ago going into BuyRite and picked up DDR pads and imports out the wazoo, because they were only a 2.5 hour drive at the time and the prices were moderate. And I was just in the WF store back in October, too Bah, guess a good thing never lasts. Have to find another place to get my import needs.

I could have saved you the trip. The bookstore right next to it is prone to have good deals every now and then though. I have scored quite a few rare items there for cheap

Yea, Ed McKay's is worth the trip. Keep racking up on cheap Trade Paperbacks and actually picked up Rumble Roses for $22 from there. That one is run a HELLUVALOT better then the one in Fayettenam.

God I feel nostalgic thinking about the old days of trips from the beach to Raleigh to pick up import games. bah....

Buy-Rite has been like a shitty pawn shop for years. :whistle2:&

Ed McKay's use to be a great place to get cheap guides, but in the last couple months they've raised ALL their prices.

How far is the place from Camp LaJeune? I should have went in their and harrassed those idiots. They still owe me $20 from years back (online).

See, back when I discovered the Wake Forrest store last April, it kinda got me excited again about BuyRite. The girl who worked the counter was fine, and they had a decent seleciton that made me want to spend money. The most the Capital Store has is the SVC Chaos controllers for $40. The Gamestop B&M in Fuquay has a Pelican Tournament Ready Universal Arcade stick for $40 and BuyRite has the same one for $80. Went into the Fuquay GS and damned if it wasn't gone on Tuesday. Someone shall pay, it was supposed to be mine. ...... Bah. Anyone recommend a good arcade stick for cheap now? lol

bread's done
Back