So I'm trying to connect my PS3 to my computer...

beane316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
372 (100%)
and I'm trying to transfer a digital copy of Up that I have so I can watch it on my actual tv and not my computer...as it's starting to upload...it magically just quits...I also have some episodes of a cooking show my wife likes on my computer that she transferred over already and as it's playing after about a minute or so, it just cuts off completely. I think it's probably my router signal not being strong enough to run everything, but I figured I'd post and see if anyone else has had this happen/is able to connect them together. Thanks

I have problems streaming things to my PS3 a lot too. Oddly, never with any other streaming-capable systems I have, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that. It's gotten so I just have a large thumb drive that I transfer the occasional file with.

any tech ?'s i ever have, be it computer or something else, go to afterdawn.com and search. never been let down with that forum

Yea, I've tried PS3 Media Server, but to no avail, unfortunately. It's wireless, too. I'll check afterdawn and see what they've got on there. Thanks for all the replies, guys. I'm new to all of this streaming stuff so I figured I'd ask before I messed something up lol

Some routers have a horrendous tendancy of intermittently cutting a wireless connection, like the one that I was given by my cable company. If it isn't the router, then it could be something else. Does your connection cut out during high-bandwidth usage, or is it strictly the streaming feature of your PS3 that you're having a hard problem time maintaining a connection?

Is there some reason you are not just using a USB stick and doing a physical transfer first?

What model PS3 (fatboy or slim)? I had bad luck doing stuff wirelessly with my fatty. I always prefer a wired connection.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Some routers have a horrendous tendancy of intermittently cutting a wireless connection, like the one that I was given by my cable company. If it isn't the router, then it could be something else. Does your connection cut out during high-bandwidth usage, or is it strictly the streaming feature of your PS3 that you're having a hard problem time maintaining a connection?[/QUOTE]

It's just the PS3 streaming feature, really. I've never noticed any other problems with anything.

Just copying the video to a flash drive is a lot better than streaming. For some reason, even when I have both my PS3 and PC hooked up over ethernet, it still is awful trying to stream it. But putting it on a flash drive is much easier.

The PS3 has the worst wireless card I've ever encountered in the years I've been working with computers. I highly, highly recommend hard wiring the PS3 in. I had issues attempting to stream 720p content from my computer to my PS3. Wired everything together through the router and it works great.

Yeah, I think the two best choices are to connect the PS3 via an ethernet cable or use a USB flash drive to copy the file over.

bread's done
Back