So many awesome Genesis games long forgotten...:(

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
Are these Genesis games dead nowadays or what? Would love to see some HD XBLA updates of these games:

-Thunder Force series
-SHADOW DANCER
-Gaires
-Arrow Flash

whatcha think?

[quote name='limelight022']Are these Genesis games dead nowadays or what? Would love to see some HD XBLA updates of these games:

-Thunder Force series
-SHADOW DANCER
-Gaires
-Arrow Flash

whatcha think?[/QUOTE]

Great choices but I would add Ranger x, truxton and musha.

Slowly, but surely, I'm sure those great old games will get re-made or repackaged as shiny spankin new games.

Apparently Strider was just remade as Moon Diver on XBLA.
Man, Strider was awesome.

Not really forgotten:
Pulseman
Super/Mega Turrican
Alien Solider
Lost Vikings
Steel Empire

Forgotten:
General Chaos
B.O.B.
Tin Head

Seems like many games were forgotten from the company Renovation/Wolf Team that made/developed/published Gaires and Arrow Flash
Whip Rush
El Viento
Valis series (Valis, Syd of Valis, Valis III)
Master of Monsters
Final Zone
Sol-Deace
Granada
Vapor Trail

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Vector Man! pretty fun imo[/QUOTE]

No doubt. I loved that game. It was really hard too.

Master of Monsters
Shadowrun
Zombies ate my Neighbors
P.T.O.
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Mutant League Football
Desert Strike
Vectorman
General Chaos

Warsong
Shining Force 2
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday

I spent a huge amount of time on these 3 games back in the day.

I love a lot of the old MD games but most (of the ones I liked) would not be good for XBLA.

Phantasy Star IV for example.

[quote name='Invicta 61']
Zombies ate my Neighbors
Mutant League Football
[/QUOTE]

Why these two haven't been remade so far is beyond me. Zombies were the "it" thing for a while and people have been wanting a MLF sequel for years.

Great to see Renovation/Telnet get some love. Had some of the best games on Genesis.
Gaiares is one of my all time favorite shooters. Also Powerball by Namco was fun.

Good choices here. Always preferred the Genesis to the SNES. Part of me would like to see a Thunder Force III remake, but I fear they'd fuck up the music, which was incredible.

^^ agreed, aladdin is awesome. heres a list of my fav genesis games!

1. Shinobi III
2. TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
3. Kid Chameleon
4. Maximum Carnage
5. Golden Axe 3

honorable mention: Ecco the Dolphin

man i wish i still had my sega genesis lol

I decided to start up Pulseman tonight. Anyone ever play or heard of it? Never released outside of Japan but surprsinly very import friendly. Another surprise is it's made by Game Freak from Pokemon fame. You can definatly tell by the art style.

I've always perferred the Genesis to the SNES. My number one favourite game is Shining Force CD.

I really wish it wasn't so difficult finding CAG's with Genesis/Sega CD games for trade/sale.

I have always loved the Mutant League games. Both Football and Hockey are great games that are still well worth playing.

Also - I have been playing The Lost Vikings lately. It is a great platformer/puzzle game from back in the day.

bread's done
Back